or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 758

post #11356 of 12686

When you say soak, do you mean literally leave them in a bucket overnight in cold water only? Just trying to clarify. 

 

When washing denim, even if only every 6 months or so, should it just go into the washer or should again be done in a bucket etc?

post #11357 of 12686
ppl hot soak, ppl cold soak, typically the hotter the water the more the denim shrinks. you're jeans are sanforized (pre-shrunk) so they'll shrink a bit in length .25 to .5", you can try stretching the inseam when they're wet.

washing - you can do it in your bathtub with a woolite or a more gentle detergent, turn inside out, i) move them around in soapy water, ii) leave for a bit, repeat i and ii 4 or 5 times, drain, soak in water, drain, hang dry, or you can use the washing machine, but washing machines do generally give vertical fades/lines where the jeans crease in the wash, which may not be what you're after. you'll want to hang dry either way, more shrinkage occurs in the dryer.
post #11358 of 12686

Thanks.

 

I'm yet to wash my denim but have just sent them to be tailored.

 

Though I am getting them tailored to be able to roll once - so any shrinkage should be fine. 

 

Any idea if similar rules apply to corduroy? 

 

As in, they will shrink with their first wash.

post #11359 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Thanks for offering your help. Hear are some photos. Let me know what you guys think.



When they stretch out, you'll be fine. Remember the knees stretch out from bending and that adds a bit of length to your inseam. 

post #11360 of 12686
Ug - does anyone know how recently A.P.C. changed the inseam length?

I last bought a pair of NS from them about 2 years ago - at the time they had inseam of 35.5" (for waist 32), as did all the NS and Rescues I had bought prior to that.

I recently went to get a new pair - they *all* have inseam 34", which unfortunately is too short for me (literally, this isn't a question about stacking).

I'm totally bummed - if this is relatively recent, I'll track down resellers that have old stock. But if it was like 1.5 years ago I'm screwed...even worse I traded in a pair of faded Rescues, for which they gave me credit towards a new pair. Now I'm out the Rescues, with no replacement! F F F!
post #11361 of 12686

Time for a new brand then, APC is just gateway anyways

post #11362 of 12686
Are there any official (not stockists) APC stores in Spain or the Netherlands?
post #11363 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimal View Post

Ug - does anyone know how recently A.P.C. changed the inseam length?

I last bought a pair of NS from them about 2 years ago - at the time they had inseam of 35.5" (for waist 32), as did all the NS and Rescues I had bought prior to that.

I recently went to get a new pair - they *all* have inseam 34", which unfortunately is too short for me (literally, this isn't a question about stacking).

I'm totally bummed - if this is relatively recent, I'll track down resellers that have old stock. But if it was like 1.5 years ago I'm screwed...even worse I traded in a pair of faded Rescues, for which they gave me credit towards a new pair. Now I'm out the Rescues, with no replacement! F F F!

yea sizing is off a lot of the times
post #11364 of 12686
has anyone had experience tapering their apcs at the ankle? i bought the apc new standards and wish they were slightly more tapered at the bottom.
post #11365 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkim3691 View Post

When they stretch out, you'll be fine. Remember the knees stretch out from bending and that adds a bit of length to your inseam. 

Thank you, but I actually wore these for a month before hemming to let them stretch out before taking them to the tailor. However I was under the impression that soaking them prior to 6 months of wearing would prevent me from getting good fades. Is that true or is washing the only thing I should wait to do? If I should have soaked them is it too late to do so after wearing them for almost 2 months? Obviously I'm new to raw denim...thanks in advance for your help.
post #11366 of 12686
It's good to keep your jeans clean to prevent crotch tears and such, I don't really recommend 6 month soaks/washes. I soaked my APCs after like 2 months and they turned out perfectly fine. You can use colder water to prevent dye loss.
post #11367 of 12686
I soaked a new pair of NS I just received before wearing. Now the texture is soft just like a regular pair of washed denim. Should it feel this way or should it still be stiff? I guess I'm just a little surprised. I also think I preferred the rigid feel to get the creases and fades started. I'm a bit concerned but if they should feel pretty soft then I guess that's fine
post #11368 of 12686

^Re soaking: I think you should be ok, but the fact that they're softer now might put a damper on some of the fading.

 

Speaking of fading, here's two shots of my NS that I've had for 3 1/2 months. The fades are a little more pronounced than this, but the lighting from my window washed them out some. (Excuse the crotch).

Fadezzz (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #11369 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

yea sizing is off a lot of the times

Does that mean you think the 34" ones I'm seeing now are out of the norm? I.e. I might see them back at the 35.5" length if I check again?


@Dbear - OK I'll bite. The spec is: NS fit, no visible embelleshments/patches/tags of any kind, inseam 35.5" or longer. I liked the denim from APC - without washing it would turn this polished silvery finish and was not too light and not too heavy. So what's all available that fits that spec, "beyond the gate"?
post #11370 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post

I soaked a new pair of NS I just received before wearing. Now the texture is soft just like a regular pair of washed denim. Should it feel this way or should it still be stiff? I guess I'm just a little surprised. I also think I preferred the rigid feel to get the creases and fades started. I'm a bit concerned but if they should feel pretty soft then I guess that's fine

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. As you wear them, the wrinkles and creases will still set in regardless (especially since they're still brand new). Also, APCs get softer (to the point where they are one of my most comfortable jeans) but the fades will still happen as they lose their dye pretty easily. Just wear them regularly and give them a wash/soak every 2-3 months and you should be golden.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.