or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 724

post #10846 of 12858

yywwyy: wash them with bleach.  start with a small amount then add more each wash; you may have to eventually add a whole lot of bleach, and you will get them as light as you want.

 

I'm still of the opinion that you might just be better off buying a washed pair if they still have tags.

post #10847 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckychrmsbboy View Post

if you don't wear your jeans they wont fade...they may get lighter in color but they wont fade like you see with other peoples pair.  If you got the non raw pair you can go ahead and wash when ever you want. But I don't understand why you got a raw pair if you don't like stiff denim and you're trying to wash em before you wear them. If you want a natural look you gotta just wear them man and let them fade over time. If you really want go ahead and wash as often as you want. It would be nice to see a pair that has been washed tons of times compared to someone else who barely washes

NEWSTYLE - I don't see how you don't have any whiskers or combs yet. I've worn my pair maybe 30 times, probably less but I have still have nice combs and wiskers. My whiskers aren't as sharp/set in as my combs tho but you can see em.

I had a pair of new standards that I washed frequently from day 1. They didn't form any whiskers or honeycombs, just some even color loss and vague fading. By the end they were moving in the direction of the 70s wash our legacy jeans, but not as white looking.
post #10848 of 12858
I have a washed pair, but I don't completely like it, only because the contrast areas don't align perfectly with my legs. I got them today so they have tags; maybe I should just return both pairs. If I apply some diluted bleach directly on the front thighs, would those areas get contrast? I'm a denim noob, so I've probably got lots of weird questions. I've been searching threads a lot, but noone asks these questions, probably for good reason.
post #10849 of 12858

no you can make them lighter but if you try to fake creases it will look like shit.  they use a drill for that btw, not bleach

post #10850 of 12858
Any discounted A.P.Cs anywhere? Maybe azalea?
post #10851 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

yywwyy: wash them with bleach.  start with a small amount then add more each wash; you may have to eventually add a whole lot of bleach, and you will get them as light as you want.

I'm still of the opinion that you might just be better off buying a washed pair if they still have tags.

I believe it was zissou who mentioned that you should soak in hydrogen peroxide after bleaching to stop the reaction so the bleach doesn't continue to eat away at the jeans.
post #10852 of 12858
APC jeans never go on discount. places that try to skirt the rules or blatantly violate them tend to not carry APC anymore

get them used or barely used on B&S and ebay. there's tons
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

I have a washed pair, but I don't completely like it, only because the contrast areas don't align perfectly with my legs. I got them today so they have tags; maybe I should just return both pairs. If I apply some diluted bleach directly on the front thighs, would those areas get contrast? I'm a denim noob, so I've probably got lots of weird questions. I've been searching threads a lot, but noone asks these questions, probably for good reason.

you're asking for the impossible -_-

you can't get instantaneous fades that look good and fit well and isn't worn in. you gotta choose mang

you might have common sense but you couldve read a little bit more about the process. contrast occurs when your jeans fold as you move and sit. the parts that are exposed to the environment and get rubbed and touched a lot (shog[1].gif) are going to fade faster than the parts that aren't. bleach is going to be hard to dilute on a specific target simply because it'd be easy to get other parts of the jean wet and then it's going to look like shit

that'st contrast. you can imitate the process by scrunching your jeans in those area and then blasting them with sand or rubbing them with stones or summit, but it's going to look like shit.

you honestly have not searched very much because these are questions that have been asked over and over again. the sufu denim encyclopedia prolly has loads of threads that answer your question.



there are however brands that do a pretty good job distressing their jeans (try RRL, jean shop, your typical japanese denim brands, and fashion brands) and keep looking for a pair that has fades where you want them and are soft. return your raw APCs
Edited by indesertum - 9/13/12 at 3:31pm
post #10853 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post

Man I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.

I have a pair of NS that are a bit big. I wore them for 2 weeks raw. Soaked and hang dry to get the 2% shrinkage a sanforized jean should get. Made a difference. Creasing remains and they are more comfortable now. Don't fret over a soak. Cold for less color loss and do it inside out.

You could get a 1/2" permanent shrink in the waist after a soak I believe.
post #10854 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambodini View Post


I have a pair of NS that are a bit big. I wore them for 2 weeks raw. Soaked and hang dry to get the 2% shrinkage a sanforized jean should get. Made a difference. Creasing remains and they are more comfortable now. Don't fret over a soak. Cold for less color loss and do it inside out.
You could get a 1/2" permanent shrink in the waist after a soak I believe.

noep they'll stretch right back out

post #10855 of 12858
Thanks for the info. Actually, I have searched quite thoroughly on the prominent forums. I do agree that the shortcut fades won't look as good as the worn fades, but that's not my question. You try searching for someone who has washed their jeans from the get-go. Last night, I found one person amongst hundreds of fit-pics, and even he didn't wash his jeans from the start (Just monthly or so). Thus, I have no way of knowing what to expect if the jeans were to be washed from the start, or if some slight contrast can be developed. If someone has had good experience with this, I was willing to give it a shot. That is all.

It's not that I haven't searched; its that you don't really try to understand what I'm asking. That's okay though. Again, if that wasn't clear to you: I'm asking if someone has experience with washing/treating jeans to fade from the get-go, and if that worked OK. I'm NOT asking for a method of replicating the look of worn jeans without wearing them. Asking about this may sound silly to you, but to me it makes sense because by the time the fading of worn jeans look awesome, the jeans are in bad shape with tears and weird-looking stretches on the waistband.

Proof, since you accused me of being the non-searcher biggrin.gif





Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

APC jeans never go on discount. places that try to skirt the rules or blatantly violate them tend to not carry APC anymore
get them used or barely used on B&S and ebay. there's tons
you're asking for the impossible -_-
you can't get instantaneous fades that look good and fit well and isn't worn in. you gotta choose mang
you might have common sense but you couldve read a little bit more about the process. contrast occurs when your jeans fold as you move and sit. the parts that are exposed to the environment and get rubbed and touched a lot (shog[1].gif) are going to fade faster than the parts that aren't. bleach is going to be hard to dilute on a specific target simply because it'd be easy to get other parts of the jean wet and then it's going to look like shit
that'st contrast. you can imitate the process by scrunching your jeans in those area and then blasting them with sand or rubbing them with stones or summit, but it's going to look like shit.
you honestly have not searched very much because these are questions that have been asked over and over again. the sufu denim encyclopedia prolly has loads of threads that answer your question.
there are however brands that do a pretty good job distressing their jeans (try RRL, jean shop, your typical japanese denim brands, and fashion brands) and keep looking for a pair that has fades where you want them and are soft. return your raw APCs
post #10856 of 12858

I have a pair of PS that look exactly like that. never washed, 9 months of wear.  they are getting too tight and silly looking.... size 29 but stretched to a waist of 33.5 " 

 

 Now, I know APC is a quality brand. I want to purchase the rigid black, indigo, and selvedge black and be set with pants for another year but the problem is that   I have no idea what size I would purchase if I wanted new denim, [size up to my current PS and then add some?? subtract for stretch??] and on top of that I heard the sizing was updated [now waists are True To Size instead of 2 sizes off?]. Does the sizing across the petit's stay the same and stretch equally assuming it's raw/selvedge material???? So many questions..


Edited by moogpunk - 9/13/12 at 11:25pm
post #10857 of 12858
why is it so hard to find the measurements for apc jean. does all the online boutiques have the updated sizing, or only some? or whaaaat
post #10858 of 12858
I had a pair which I soaked immediately and then 2 more times in the first six months. Now I'm on a pair that I soaked 4 months in. So far, I don't see a huge difference. The first pair even looked better in some ways, especially after the 3rd soak.

I think the lesson is that if you don't want to put up with the rigidity just soak them every month. They'll get lighter faster and still look good. I think if you follow the 6 month rule you're already an extremist.

If you buy a washed pair I think the best way to go is to get something in a nice shade and a nice overall gradient. Just a nice uniform color. Any kind of artificial whiskering or combs just won't look too good.
post #10859 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Thanks for the info. Actually, I have searched quite thoroughly on the prominent forums. I do agree that the shortcut fades won't look as good as the worn fades, but that's not my question. You try searching for someone who has washed their jeans from the get-go. Last night, I found one person amongst hundreds of fit-pics, and even he didn't wash his jeans from the start (Just monthly or so). Thus, I have no way of knowing what to expect if the jeans were to be washed from the start, or if some slight contrast can be developed. If someone has had good experience with this, I was willing to give it a shot. That is all.
It's not that I haven't searched; its that you don't really try to understand what I'm asking. That's okay though. Again, if that wasn't clear to you: I'm asking if someone has experience with washing/treating jeans to fade from the get-go, and if that worked OK. I'm NOT asking for a method of replicating the look of worn jeans without wearing them. Asking about this may sound silly to you, but to me it makes sense because by the time the fading of worn jeans look awesome, the jeans are in bad shape with tears and weird-looking stretches on the waistband.
Proof, since you accused me of being the non-searcher biggrin.gif

i see. most people soak their raw jeans from the get go. sanforized jeans you dont really need to, but most people still do. (unless by wash you mean throw in the laundry machine and scrub). i guess i dont understand your question. i dont understand how you expect to wash/treat jeans to fade from the get go. all jeans fade from the get go whether you wash or soak them to begin with. when you say fade you dont mean honeycombs and whiskers but fade as in make the color of jeans lighter? you can try bleach like somebody mentioned but again it's difficult to selectively treat it. you'll most likely end up with splotches.
post #10860 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post


i see. most people soak their raw jeans from the get go. sanforized jeans you dont really need to, but most people still do. (unless by wash you mean throw in the laundry machine and scrub). i guess i dont understand your question. i dont understand how you expect to wash/treat jeans to fade from the get go. all jeans fade from the get go whether you wash or soak them to begin with. when you say fade you dont mean honeycombs and whiskers but fade as in make the color of jeans lighter? you can try bleach like somebody mentioned but again it's difficult to selectively treat it. you'll most likely end up with splotches.

 

I think he wants to lighten the overall color, not create selective fades.  Again, using bleach rather than washing 50 times is a better option.  I think the reason most people haven't done this with APCs is because if you want faded jeans, RRL are 1/3 of the price on ebay and will have better distressing than you can do in your basement.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.