Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 712
Styleforum Top Picks
Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance
I would absolutely hem them. You have way too much "stacking" in my opinion. Stacking is a matter of personal preference so do what you like best but in my opinion stacking makes the jeans look sloppy. If you size down to a 28 you'll have a more dramatic taper. I'd stay with the 29.
Can you give me your opinions of which is a better fit for me? I just got a pair of APC NC and I intend to leave them "raw" and wash them as few times as possible (and by wash I mean soak). I also have a pair of NS that I've machined washed several times and they fit very differently. I think they both fit well but for different purposes. What are your opinions?
New Cure size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Washed New Standard size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would have the NS hemmed a little more because I think a pant should have as much of a vertical silhouette as possible.
Overall they suprisingly look a lot alike, especially given the fact the NS have lost the shine and stretched to their final measurements already.
I think if you like a bit of stacking the slimmer leg opening of the NC might be favourable because they wont flare open as much as the NS do right now.
If you want to keep it more classic, which I prefer, I would settle with the NS.
What do you all think about this fit? These are TTS (true to size) 28 New Cures that are about two days old.
I don't like stacking, especially when the jeans are still extremely stiff, and they are as low as my body wil allow me to wear them. There were probably 3 inches below my belly button.
I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything, if thats the look you like with jeans, more power to you. My personal preference is more slouchy with stacking; in my opinion it just looks cooler, and if I wanted a 'cleaner' look I'd probably just go with trousers or something.
I've gotta say, its getting kind of tiring how here in SW&D if you don't like stacking your wrong, and in MC if you don't want everything ever to have no break you're wrong.
A bit off topic, but I wonder if in 5 years time everyone in MC will have trousers with a full break. I noticed a few months ago when I looked in the MC WAYWT, there were lots of slim trousers and jackets slipping past the radar that would have been railed for being a size too small way back when I first signed up here.
I don't wear suits but prefer a preppy casual look which obviously places me closer to MC than SW&D.
The reason I prefer my own pants to have little to no break is because I am only 5'7 high and feel a slim, yet not skinny, silhouette compliments my body the most.
I do neither like the sack many of the older MC guys prefer nor do I think skinny jeans do very slim guys like myself a lot of favour.
Regarding stacking, I think it looks better with skinny jeans, which I don't wear, than wider cuts like my NS.
I tried stacking my NS when they were new and thought it looked off because there was just too much fabric flaring open horizontally.
I feel it makes me look even shorter than I am.
Also I don't wear sneakers but loafers, mocassins, boat as well as dress shoes, which in my opinion just don't work with stacking.
I know TKE is more of an MC guy too, so that's why I advised him to do the way I would do it, but I see the appeal of stacking and can even enjoy it in some outfits of others.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 seconds ago
- › Patrik Ervell FW12 Jeans - Dark Gray - Size 32 59 seconds ago
- › Ties Brioni, Zegna, Dunhill 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Minor quality defect, should I return it? 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...