or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 712

post #10666 of 12780
damn i realised with only 9 months wear my apc ps stretched 3 inches. 29 inch --> 32 inch
post #10667 of 12780
Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance

post #10668 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearJEW View Post

Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance
1000

I would absolutely hem them.  You have way too much "stacking" in my opinion.  Stacking is a matter of personal preference so do what you like best but in my opinion stacking makes the jeans look sloppy.  If you size down to a 28 you'll have a more dramatic taper.  I'd stay with the 29.

post #10669 of 12780
Thanks for the input. I think I will stick with the 29. I've cuffed them up a tad more, and it seems to have handled the "extreme stacking" to some degree. If I do have them hemmed, I think it would be a couple months down the line after I've washed them as well.
post #10670 of 12780
I don't think the stacking looks bad. New APCs are also rather stiff and it will take some time for them to soften and allow the stacks to settle properly. Give the jeans some time before taking any corrective actions. Also keep in mind that TKE primarily posts on the MC side of the board and will have a more conservative opinion on the fit of jeans than many others.
post #10671 of 12780
..
post #10672 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Can you give me your opinions of which is a better fit for me?  I just got a pair of APC NC and I intend to leave them "raw" and wash them as few times as possible (and by wash I mean soak).  I also have a pair of NS that I've machined washed several times and they fit very differently. I think they both fit well but for different purposes.  What are your opinions?  

New Cure size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Washed New Standard size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I would have the NS hemmed a little more because I think a pant should have as much of a vertical silhouette as possible.
Overall they suprisingly look a lot alike, especially given the fact the NS have lost the shine and stretched to their final measurements already.
I think if you like a bit of stacking the slimmer leg opening of the NC might be favourable because they wont flare open as much as the NS do right now.
If you want to keep it more classic, which I prefer, I would settle with the NS.
post #10673 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I would have the NS hemmed a little more because I think a pant should have as much of a vertical silhouette as possible.
.

dont do this
post #10674 of 12780
post #10675 of 12780
IMO those look too short and pulled up too high, but hey personal preference.

Legs fit good though.
post #10676 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

1000

What do you all think about this fit?  These are TTS (true to size) 28 New Cures that are about two days old.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

IMO those look too short and pulled up too high, but hey personal preference.
Legs fit good though.

I don't like stacking, especially when the jeans are still extremely stiff, and they are as low as my body wil allow me to wear them.  There were probably 3 inches below my belly button.

post #10677 of 12780

Some pics of my rescues, been wearing them since may pretty much everyday, and i think they are turning out ok despite being a looser fit specially for someone midly skinny. They're size 28 and im 5'7'' 145lbs. There's a wallet fade, some honeycombs and whiskers already settling in.

700

post #10678 of 12780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

I don't like stacking, especially when the jeans are still extremely stiff, and they are as low as my body wil allow me to wear them.  There were probably 3 inches below my belly button.

I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything, if thats the look you like with jeans, more power to you. My personal preference is more slouchy with stacking; in my opinion it just looks cooler, and if I wanted a 'cleaner' look I'd probably just go with trousers or something.

I've gotta say, its getting kind of tiring how here in SW&D if you don't like stacking your wrong, and in MC if you don't want everything ever to have no break you're wrong.

A bit off topic, but I wonder if in 5 years time everyone in MC will have trousers with a full break. I noticed a few months ago when I looked in the MC WAYWT, there were lots of slim trousers and jackets slipping past the radar that would have been railed for being a size too small way back when I first signed up here.
post #10679 of 12780
max_r, great you are interested in a proper discussion and not into bashing MC because you are a SW&D guy or the other way around.

I don't wear suits but prefer a preppy casual look which obviously places me closer to MC than SW&D.
The reason I prefer my own pants to have little to no break is because I am only 5'7 high and feel a slim, yet not skinny, silhouette compliments my body the most.
I do neither like the sack many of the older MC guys prefer nor do I think skinny jeans do very slim guys like myself a lot of favour.
Regarding stacking, I think it looks better with skinny jeans, which I don't wear, than wider cuts like my NS.
I tried stacking my NS when they were new and thought it looked off because there was just too much fabric flaring open horizontally.
I feel it makes me look even shorter than I am.
Also I don't wear sneakers but loafers, mocassins, boat as well as dress shoes, which in my opinion just don't work with stacking.
I know TKE is more of an MC guy too, so that's why I advised him to do the way I would do it, but I see the appeal of stacking and can even enjoy it in some outfits of others.
post #10680 of 12780
Quick question. I'm 5'8 119 pounds and wear a 26 in most of my jeans. I bought a 25 new cure , but I'm looking at the 26 ps because I like the taper the ps has over the new cure. Also the ps has a slimmer body than the nc, in context clothes measurements. But I did find out the ps is now tts wtf! Most of my jeans run a 28 to a little less than a 29 inch waist even though it's marked 26. Should I gun it for the 26 or keep the still vanity sized 25 nc? They arrive tmrw in the mail. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.