or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 701

post #10501 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonics View Post

So was the new sizing a myth?

not exactly

an update to what i said before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post

also confused by the new sizing debate.
had a new pair of ns 32 delivered today. the waist measures about 16 and a third inches laid flat. i'm a true 34 waist and I can't do the top two buttons up - not even close. Pretty much painted on on the thighs - seem impossible small.
Confusing because I already own a pair of ns in size 32 which fit me well. I bought them second hand though they had very little wear. They were also too tight to start with - although I could do all the buttons up - but then stretched out nicely as per usual with apc.
What I guess I'm asking is: is it normal not to be able to do the top two buttons up having sized down 2 on new standards? I always assumed this meant you'd sized down too much but I know size 32 fits me, unless the sizing has changed that is...

I bought another pair of ns size 32 from matches that arrived today (previous pair were from oki ni) and they fit significantly bigger. waist is 17" laid flat and can do all the buttons up.

also about a half inch difference in the size is of the leg opening: 7.75" vs 8.25"

not a fan of this wider hem size - all my old pairs of ns 32 are closer to 7.75.

so at the moment apc sizing seems a bit of a lottery depending where you buy from. interesting to see whether the sizing is changing and oki ni and context are some of the first stores to get the new sizes, or whether they just got some sort of rogue batch this season.
post #10502 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post

not exactly
an update to what i said before:
I bought another pair of ns size 32 from matches that arrived today (previous pair were from oki ni) and they fit significantly bigger. waist is 17" laid flat and can do all the buttons up.
also about a half inch difference in the size is of the leg opening: 7.75" vs 8.25"
not a fan of this wider hem size - all my old pairs of ns 32 are closer to 7.75.
so at the moment apc sizing seems a bit of a lottery depending where you buy from. interesting to see whether the sizing is changing and oki ni and context are some of the first stores to get the new sizes, or whether they just got some sort of rogue batch this season.

I think one is probably from old stock, the bigger one is from new stock? I think they definitely changed their sizing
post #10503 of 12870
Have a size 30 NS that's been worn once and is unhemmed. PM if interested.
post #10504 of 12870
Very, very long shot, but does anyone know where I might track down the APC navy rain jacket featured in this post:

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/1508/tip-of-the-day-attacking-the-rain-in-style/
post #10505 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Very, very long shot, but does anyone know where I might track down the APC navy rain jacket featured in this post:
http://www.thestyleblogger.com/1508/tip-of-the-day-attacking-the-rain-in-style/

I'm don't want to get your hopes up too high, but I remember seeing some stuff along these lines at the APC sale store on west 4th st in Manhattan. Frankly I don't know if it was this exact jacket. It's probably worth giving them a call. Good luck.
post #10506 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Very, very long shot, but does anyone know where I might track down the APC navy rain jacket featured in this post:

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/1508/tip-of-the-day-attacking-the-rain-in-style/

 The APC website has it in size M.

 

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1986.html?nav=men

post #10507 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post

 The APC website has it in size M.

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1986.html?nav=men

Similar but slightly different (flap pockets vs pouch pockets etc), thanks though
post #10508 of 12870
Should I take the same size in NS as I have in PS - and does anyone know the increase in inseam length for sizing up one?
post #10509 of 12870
nope, size down one or two depending what you want.i am 28 in NS, 30 in PS
post #10510 of 12870
I think if I was to get another pair of PS I would size up one as they are tight in the calves and don't stack that well (I think the inseams too short - I have a pair of size 26 and 32" legs...)

I have a 28" waist and want a slim cut - just not as tight as my PS, would going to a size 25 for NS be right?
post #10511 of 12870
If I was to get another pair of PS I would size down one more. I'm a size 30 in Levi's so I went with a 28 and I feel like they are going to be a bit too big for the look I am going for, especially with everyone talking about the ridiculous stretch they have. That's one problem I have, I feel if a consumer is going to be dropping ~$200 on an item it shouldn't be a game where you have to find your right size by trial and error which depletes your wallet, it should be a constant across the board. My PS fit fine right now, they aren't ideal, when I first go them they were tight and seemed what I wanted. Why do higher end jeans companies make their jeans with inseams that are incredibly long? I was having this discussion with my girlfriend the other day. She won't buy higher end jeans because she believes you should not buy something for a significant amount of money just to then spend more money elsewhere, not to mention the time the garment will be out of commission, to have it fit right. I do love my APCs and my RT and would probably buy again but I'm a little annoyed right now.
post #10512 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post

That's one problem I have, I feel if a consumer is going to be dropping ~$200 on an item it shouldn't be a game where you have to find your right size by trial and error which depletes your wallet, it should be a constant across the board.

the only argument i can think of is perhaps exclusivity, make people work to get it right rather than have the instant gratification of sizing them easily... but maybe i'm talking out my ass. then again people in this thread make it more complicated than it needs to be. the waist will stretch alot (2 to 4 inches depending on how tight they are) and the legs will stretch a bit (maybe a half inch, maybe a bit more). look at measurements, measure jeans you already own that fit nice, and you'll probably get it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post

My PS fit fine right now, they aren't ideal, when I first go them they were tight and seemed what I wanted. Why do higher end jeans companies make their jeans with inseams that are incredibly long? I was having this discussion with my girlfriend the other day. She won't buy higher end jeans because she believes you should not buy something for a significant amount of money just to then spend more money elsewhere, not to mention the time the garment will be out of commission, to have it fit right. I do love my APCs and my RT and would probably buy again but I'm a little annoyed right now.

from what i understand, most high-end denim companies make jeans in batches much, much smaller than big companies like levi's who mass produce thousands of every size. because of this, they can't afford to have 4 different length options for every waist size. say they run from 26 to 36, thats 10 sizes, add 4 length options per size, and thats 40 different variations for just one cut. compare that to tops (jackets, shirts) which may only have 5 or less size options (XS,S,M,L,XL)

any seamstress can hem a pair of jeans, its a pretty easy alteration. hell, you can do it yourself if you have a heavy-duty sewing machine and can sew a straight line. if in doubt, leave some extra length on them, you can always hem more but you can't add any back on later.
post #10513 of 12870

the #1 reason why they aren't hemmed to exact lengths is because it allows the consumer to hem them to the exact length they want or to have them stack or both.  

 

a secondary reason would be cost savings to manufacture one length as opposed to several lengths and spoilage because some waist/length combos are less popular/common.

post #10514 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDH View Post

I think if I was to get another pair of PS I would size up one as they are tight in the calves and don't stack that well (I think the inseams too short - I have a pair of size 26 and 32" legs...)
I have a 28" waist and want a slim cut - just not as tight as my PS, would going to a size 25 for NS be right?

Bump shog[1].gif

Not sure if going down 3 sizes is right... size 25 sounds too small, even for someone with a 28" waist.
post #10515 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDH View Post

I think if I was to get another pair of PS I would size up one as they are tight in the calves and don't stack that well (I think the inseams too short - I have a pair of size 26 and 32" legs...)
I have a 28" waist and want a slim cut - just not as tight as my PS, would going to a size 25 for NS be right?
 

 

This is a NS sized down 3

 

I think it will be probably be a lot baggier than PS down two. 

 

900x900px-LL-ab76df9b_shirt3.jpeg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.