anyone know if these are the selvedge versions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 690
Styleforum Top Picks
So I just got a pair of new standards (used) worn 10-15 times and they kind of smell. I also need to have the inseem altered a bit. Should I soak first to get rid of the smell then alter? This is my first pair of selvedge jeans and I'm not sure if there an order to this that I should follow?
The typical raw noir, I think they call them, has almost a mixed black and gray vibe. I'm having trouble explaining it but what you see is what it's like. I wonder how it'd look after the first soak, though.
First impression, quality wise, not really impressed. Feels more like stiff chinos to me. It just does not feel like real denim to me, more like baby denim. This could be due to me being used to wearing thick japanese denim a la Momotaro. Still, there is something comfy about APC the more you wear it.
Colour wise, this is definitely not a deep black. I mean, if you really want that black, you should check out 3sixteen 220x, or RRL slim fit black. Now those are really really black. This APC denim strike me more as a very dark gray as the above poster already said so beware if what you are after is real black then this is definitely not it.
They are definitely cool but once I wear through them, I won't be buying again. They feel really flimsy. This is objective as I like my denim to have a bit of kick certainly not feeling like stiff chinos.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 17 seconds ago
- › NWT Antolini & Filo Scozia Made in Italy Socks $12 each or Two for $20 22 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 52 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...