anyone know if these are the selvedge versions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 2:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. - Page 690
Styleforum Top Picks
So I just got a pair of new standards (used) worn 10-15 times and they kind of smell. I also need to have the inseem altered a bit. Should I soak first to get rid of the smell then alter? This is my first pair of selvedge jeans and I'm not sure if there an order to this that I should follow?
The typical raw noir, I think they call them, has almost a mixed black and gray vibe. I'm having trouble explaining it but what you see is what it's like. I wonder how it'd look after the first soak, though.
First impression, quality wise, not really impressed. Feels more like stiff chinos to me. It just does not feel like real denim to me, more like baby denim. This could be due to me being used to wearing thick japanese denim a la Momotaro. Still, there is something comfy about APC the more you wear it.
Colour wise, this is definitely not a deep black. I mean, if you really want that black, you should check out 3sixteen 220x, or RRL slim fit black. Now those are really really black. This APC denim strike me more as a very dark gray as the above poster already said so beware if what you are after is real black then this is definitely not it.
They are definitely cool but once I wear through them, I won't be buying again. They feel really flimsy. This is objective as I like my denim to have a bit of kick certainly not feeling like stiff chinos.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "Last night at the Met" - dressing for the opera 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...