Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 657
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9842 of 134214/2/12 at 6:36am
on another note, got a brand new pair of PS in size 28 this morning, sized down 3 as i'm looking for a skinny fit. as i wore them first i couldn't even get to the second button. 3 hours later, i can button it all the way up, but it feels tight... can i expect it to be more comfortable in a week or so? on my previous pairs i had only sized down 1 and ended up with sagging jeans after a couple of months.
and btw, i measured them as i got them out of the bag, size 28 measured exactly 28 inches at the waist, and not 30 like before. did they drop the vanity sizing recently?post #9843 of 134214/2/12 at 7:41am
Bought a pair of off white PS recently.
Very happy with the fit everywhere except length. I usually like stacking but this colorway only come in 32 inseam.
I bought them for summer use though, so maybe it's nice to not have excess denim when it's warm?
Wondering if I can pull off the ankle length since I'm tall. Bear in mind that they're prolly gonna shrink an inch after washing.
Should I go for longer or does it look ok?
Mostly gonna wear them with lo tops FWIW.post #9844 of 134214/2/12 at 7:47ampost #9845 of 134214/2/12 at 8:11amQuote:
What size do you take? I have a pair with like a 35/36 inseam that I've been to lazy to put up on B&S. waist is 31.post #9846 of 134214/2/12 at 12:49pmI have a pair of Levi's 511's that fit right in the waist - I ordered a size 28/32" and the waist has stretched to 29". I'm looking to get a pair of black raw APC's - Would I be right in ordering a size 27?
Also I'm thinking of getting petit standards - are these closer to the 511 fit than new standards?
Thankspost #9847 of 134214/2/12 at 3:11pmHas anyone experienced this problem with their apcs?
I sized down 2 and they stretched perfectly, but after a while the fly became like this. I don't know if it's normal and will look better after fading, but right now I think it looks pretty bad/easily mistaken for an open zipper. Most my other jeans are zip fly so I've never encountered this problem. Any suggestions on how to fix it?post #9848 of 134214/2/12 at 3:13pmpost #9849 of 134214/2/12 at 3:15pmpost #9850 of 134214/2/12 at 3:15pmwhy dont you guys wear belts? I never understood about people sizing down to squeeze themselves in like a sausage roll until I noticed many of you dont wear belts
and on top of that all your button problems lol
edit: pngwyn they look tighter around the hips in your earlier post, cant really tell if its too tight thoupost #9851 of 134214/2/12 at 3:25pmSo am I stuck with having messed up buttons? loool.. maybe a tailor could fix it?
I guess my logic behind not wearing a belt is that the pants are already fairly snug and stayed on my ass without one but seriously I can slip them on and off without unbuttoning them, they are relatively loose compared to some of my other jeans.post #9852 of 134214/2/12 at 3:43pmpost #9853 of 134214/2/12 at 3:45pmpost #9854 of 134214/2/12 at 4:27pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Alden x Unionmade Halleck Color 8 Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots... 42 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 4 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...