Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 657post #9842 of 135824/2/12 at 6:36am
on another note, got a brand new pair of PS in size 28 this morning, sized down 3 as i'm looking for a skinny fit. as i wore them first i couldn't even get to the second button. 3 hours later, i can button it all the way up, but it feels tight... can i expect it to be more comfortable in a week or so? on my previous pairs i had only sized down 1 and ended up with sagging jeans after a couple of months.
and btw, i measured them as i got them out of the bag, size 28 measured exactly 28 inches at the waist, and not 30 like before. did they drop the vanity sizing recently?post #9843 of 135824/2/12 at 7:41am
Bought a pair of off white PS recently.
Very happy with the fit everywhere except length. I usually like stacking but this colorway only come in 32 inseam.
I bought them for summer use though, so maybe it's nice to not have excess denim when it's warm?
Wondering if I can pull off the ankle length since I'm tall. Bear in mind that they're prolly gonna shrink an inch after washing.
Should I go for longer or does it look ok?
Mostly gonna wear them with lo tops FWIW.post #9844 of 135824/2/12 at 7:47ampost #9845 of 135824/2/12 at 8:11amQuote:
What size do you take? I have a pair with like a 35/36 inseam that I've been to lazy to put up on B&S. waist is 31.post #9846 of 135824/2/12 at 12:49pmI have a pair of Levi's 511's that fit right in the waist - I ordered a size 28/32" and the waist has stretched to 29". I'm looking to get a pair of black raw APC's - Would I be right in ordering a size 27?
Also I'm thinking of getting petit standards - are these closer to the 511 fit than new standards?
Thankspost #9847 of 135824/2/12 at 3:11pmHas anyone experienced this problem with their apcs?
I sized down 2 and they stretched perfectly, but after a while the fly became like this. I don't know if it's normal and will look better after fading, but right now I think it looks pretty bad/easily mistaken for an open zipper. Most my other jeans are zip fly so I've never encountered this problem. Any suggestions on how to fix it?post #9848 of 135824/2/12 at 3:13pmpost #9849 of 135824/2/12 at 3:15pmpost #9850 of 135824/2/12 at 3:15pmwhy dont you guys wear belts? I never understood about people sizing down to squeeze themselves in like a sausage roll until I noticed many of you dont wear belts
and on top of that all your button problems lol
edit: pngwyn they look tighter around the hips in your earlier post, cant really tell if its too tight thoupost #9851 of 135824/2/12 at 3:25pmSo am I stuck with having messed up buttons? loool.. maybe a tailor could fix it?
I guess my logic behind not wearing a belt is that the pants are already fairly snug and stayed on my ass without one but seriously I can slip them on and off without unbuttoning them, they are relatively loose compared to some of my other jeans.post #9852 of 135824/2/12 at 3:43pmpost #9853 of 135824/2/12 at 3:45pmpost #9854 of 135824/2/12 at 4:27pmpost #9855 of 135824/2/12 at 4:59pm
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 20 seconds ago
- › Filson/Nigel Cabourn Work Cape Jacket (M) 48 seconds ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › RRL Slim Straight Helm Wash 38x32 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway