or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 65

post #961 of 13582
wow.... the same question does get asked repeatedly... size down 2 from your normal jean waist... they will stretch... many people with muscular thighs were ok with this.
post #962 of 13582
hey mauro,
i am driving up to nj from nc on friday, and I am thinking that I can make a quick stopover at your store, to check out and possible buy a pair of APCs. Let me know what store you are planning to be at on friday. Also, sorry I havent followed this thread completely, but how much are the APCs running for, with the discount? Also, I think i will need a 29 or a 30 size, going by the usually size down 2 system. Any left in those sizes? Thanks.
post #963 of 13582
ok my new standards just arrived in the mail. They are a little slim for my tastes but I'm wondering How much will they stretch out? I don't want to send back for the rescues if the new standards will stretch in the legs

how much bigger are the rescues?
post #964 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bichimpaid View Post
ok my new standards just arrived in the mail. They are a little slim for my tastes but I'm wondering How much will they stretch out? I don't want to send back for the rescues if the new standards will stretch in the legs

how much bigger are the rescues?

If you can button them, they will be fine. They will stretch out to a normal "slimmer" fit. The rescues are a straight leg and slightly fuller, but not by much.
post #965 of 13582
I hate to ask anything on this thread given the repetitive nature of sizing questions....but....if brand new APC/NS button up and fit comfortably should I size down one more? Or put another way, will these stretch LESS if they aren't really tight out of the box?
post #966 of 13582
a quick opinion poll: i am debating between getting the NS or the rescues, as there seems to be a difference in the taper and the slimness through the legs. In comparison, I guess I am looking for the straight fit just slightly looser compared to the 5ep resin one wash, which has about a 8in leg opening. Should I go for the NS or the rescues? Any opinions?
post #967 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by feynmix View Post
a quick opinion poll: i am debating between getting the NS or the rescues, as there seems to be a difference in the taper and the slimness through the legs. In comparison, I guess I am looking for the straight fit just slightly looser compared to the 5ep resin one wash, which has about a 8in leg opening. Should I go for the NS or the rescues? Any opinions?
Compared to which 5EPs, the Straight Down Zip or the Low Down Boot? And what size are you? The leg opening measurement is meaningless without corresponding waist size.
post #968 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Compared to which 5EPs, the Straight Down Zip or the Low Down Boot? And what size are you? The leg opening measurement is meaningless without corresponding waist size.
sorry..the straight down zip. I am wearing 31 X 32 in them. the waist on them fits fine, and thighs and hips are just about right. In fact, a fit similar to these would be perfect.
post #969 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by feynmix View Post
sorry..the straight down zip. I am wearing 31 X 32 in them. the waist on them fits fine, and thighs and hips are just about right. In fact, a fit similar to these would be perfect.

Someone with more experience with the SDZ can probably answer a little better than me, but a Rescue in size 29 will probably be good. Normally I'd suggest sizing down as much as 3 in the Rescues if you want to make sure the waist doesn't get too loose (they're more vanity-sized than the New Standards, and stretch just as much), but you're probably wearing a size down already in your 5EPs if they fit well.

A size 30 New Standard might also work, but IIRC the Rescue would be a little closer to the SDZ fit than the New Standard is.
post #970 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Someone with more experience with the SDZ can probably answer a little better than me, but a Rescue in size 29 will probably be good. Normally I'd suggest sizing down as much as 3 in the Rescues if you want to make sure the waist doesn't get too loose (they're more vanity-sized than the New Standards, and stretch just as much), but you're probably wearing a size down already in your 5EPs if they fit well.

A size 30 New Standard might also work, but IIRC the Rescue would be a little closer to the SDZ fit than the New Standard is.

yeah, good call. I normally wear a size 32, but I sized down one on my SDZ's and they have stretched a bit to fit me perfectly in the waist. Is there any indigo or color difference between the NS and the Rescues? Thanks.
post #971 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by feynmix View Post
yeah, good call. I normally wear a size 32, but I sized down one on my SDZ's and they have stretched a bit to fit me perfectly in the waist. Is there any indigo or color difference between the NS and the Rescues? Thanks.

As far as I can recall, the NS and Rescue use exactly the same denim and are dyed the same, so no difference.
post #972 of 13582
Fuck. Denimbar is out of new standards in size 30. Anyone else know where I can get NS's or when the next shipments will be recieved?

Thanks
post #973 of 13582
I think Tobi has them and they have a 25% off deal right now.
post #974 of 13582
I called tobi yesterday and they told me they were on backorder until January. =\\
post #975 of 13582
hey i'm kind of new to the whole dry denim deal but been studying for quite some time now if i were to wash my apc's in room temperature water, would there be minimal shrinkage (.5 inches) or would the stretching make the shrinkage null? i've checked selfedge and they say that most raw denim will do the usual shrinking of about 1 inch in the waist in up to 3 inches in inseam but varies between brands. does apc shrink that much?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.