or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 46

post #676 of 13582
Hi, I would like to buy some APC new standards, but I'd like to know what size. I wear a 31x34 in Nudie Slim Jim (photos shown). I'd like the fit to be similar, if not a tad bit looser.

The 31s started quite tight, but now are pretty comfortable (don't need a belt, but loose enough).

What do you guys think?

-Adam
LL
LL
post #677 of 13582
29 probably. If you don't mind a smaller hem than a pair of new cures also in 31 or old cures in 30 would do the trick and keep it slim. If you've never dealt with a small hem and are afraid of it, NS in 29 should work as you seem similar to my body type and that's what i'd take in NS and in SJ
post #678 of 13582
Alright, so I saw my friend in his apc's and I thought, time to step up to some nicer jeans. All I've got right now is a pair of gap jeans with a 30 waist. If I want the jeans to be tight, but not sperm count endangeringly so, how many sizes down? 2? I was just reading some of the past posts and somebody said they had to go down 4 sizes to get a good fit. I do want them pretty tight, but not super tight.
post #679 of 13582
T W O
post #680 of 13582
That was a gratefully received, enthusiastic two. Thank you.
post #681 of 13582
I noticed the right leg of my NS doesn't line up properly when I wear them. It looks as if the right shin slightly twists counter-clockwise inwards compared to my left leg which goes down straight when I wear them. Is this normal? I haven't washed them yet if that makes a difference.
post #682 of 13582
Here's yet another question... I live in the chicago area, and I cannot for the life of me find a single store that sells apc's. I'd like to try them on before I buy them, but Google is failing me. Anybody know of retailers that carry them, or do I have to buy them online at Denim Bar?
post #683 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipses... View Post
Here's yet another question... I live in the chicago area, and I cannot for the life of me find a single store that sells apc's. I'd like to try them on before I buy them, but Google is failing me. Anybody know of retailers that carry them, or do I have to buy them online at Denim Bar?

BARNEYS CHICAGO (M)
25 East Oak Street, Chicago, IL 60611

BARNEYS CHICAGO CO-OP (M)
2209-11 North Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60614

HEJFINA (M&W)
1529 N. Milwalkee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622

PENELOPE'S (M&W)
1913 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622


From the APC website. There's a "stores" tab on the bottom. Call em' up before to make sure they have them in stock and then go visit.
post #684 of 13582
Thank you a million times over!!!
post #685 of 13582
I'm a 31 in fucking everything. Acne Mics (washed and raw), Nudie Slim Jims, PBJ xx-005, etc. I wanted a pair of NS because I like the cut and ordered a 29. After a half hour, they fit perfectly... Should I go for a 28?
post #686 of 13582
^ Probably.
post #687 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufros View Post
I'm a 31 in fucking everything. Acne Mics (washed and raw), Nudie Slim Jims, PBJ xx-005, etc. I wanted a pair of NS because I like the cut and ordered a 29. After a half hour, they fit perfectly... Should I go for a 28?

I'd say yes.
post #688 of 13582
if i wear a 26 in the new standards (they button up with great difficulty the first few times i wear them), would a 27 in the new standards this next time be too baggy or would it fit pretty well? like, would it look like a relaxed jean or more like a slim straight? the 26 NS has yet to stretch fully, but i am pretty sure it will end up like a slim straight. it is pretty big in the seat area. also, would the apc hipsters look good in a 26 or 27? so, i am deciding between 26 in hipsters, 27 in new standards or 27 in hipsters. i want a slim, but not tight fit from the get go, as long as it won't stretch into something very baggy.
post #689 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synrax View Post
I noticed the right leg of my NS doesn't line up properly when I wear them. It looks as if the right shin slightly twists counter-clockwise inwards compared to my left leg which goes down straight when I wear them. Is this normal? I haven't washed them yet if that makes a difference.

this is totally normal. has to do with denim weaving techniques that i won't/can't get into here. embrace the twist.
post #690 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie View Post
embrace the twist.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.