or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 104

post #1546 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post
any other comments?

What is your normal jean size?

Common wisdom is to size down 1 or 2 from your true waist for NC, 2 or 3 for NS.
post #1547 of 13582
So i know the standard is sizing down 2 with new standards....i sized down 2 on even stevens and was tight at first(only in the thighs) but they stretched out perfectly!! so i guess what i am asking is a) what is the difference in thigh width between both cuts? and b) do the apcs stretch more or are more "vanity sized" that nudies...ie go 3 sizes down in apc but only 2 in nudie? also i have a pair of new cures 28 and they are to tight a fit but the waist is fine and it hasn't even been stretched if this helps. 5'7 135lbs true 30 waist
post #1548 of 13582
PLEASE, does anyone know where I can get APC Rescues in size 32?

I don't mind a higher (or non-discount) price, or shipping, I just want to get them now so I can wear them in before I start my job and can only wear jeans 1 day a week.

FYI, I am in Seattle, so I am guessing that I will have to find them on the internet, but even that seems like mission impossible.
post #1549 of 13582
They don't have them at Barneys or Blackbird? If not, you can order them through Tobi, they are an affiliate and a link to their site is at the top of this page.
post #1550 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
They don't have them at Barneys or Blackbird? If not, you can order them through Tobi, they are an affiliate and a link to their site is at the top of this page.
Blackbird, no. Tobi, called them apparently they don't have them in 32 now. (despite what their website says) Barneys, I didn't know they carried them, I will look into that asap. THANKS
post #1551 of 13582
Quick question. Between the APC New Standard and Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan, which has a darker indigo color?
post #1552 of 13582
My NS 31 now measures 35"
post #1553 of 13582
You should have bought a 28. Welcome to the forum.
post #1554 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
Quick question. Between the APC New Standard and Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan, which has a darker indigo color?

I have both of them sitting side-by-side about 3 feet away from me; both are about 3-4 months old. In terms of "darkness" it's really a tough call.

The easiest way to describe the color is as follows:

APC NS - quite a bold, true blue; it is dark, but noticably blue; I'd liken it to a deep ocean
Nudie SJDJ - dark murky blue with a bit of a greenish tinge; I'd liken this to a murky lake

I wouldn't necessarily say that either is necessarily dark in comparison to my 5EPxSF, but each is dark enough. Personally, I find the tones of the APCs easier to wear than my Nudies. The Nudies work better with browns, whereas the APCs work with blacks and greys.

Short of a photo, that is the best I can do. I hope it helps.
post #1555 of 13582
can someone chime in..i know people ask "the sizing question" all the time but i just need that extra input to help me justify my choice...i'm so dam indecisive. thanks.
post #1556 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post
any other comments?

26 sounds like it'd be better in the long run. With APC's, you should buy them so tight that you're getting the bottom two fly buttons done on your own, and the top fly button and waistband button done with the help of someone else. They will stretch out within the day or two so you can do up your own pants, don't worry.
post #1557 of 13582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
I have both of them sitting side-by-side about 3 feet away from me; both are about 3-4 months old. In terms of "darkness" it's really a tough call.

The easiest way to describe the color is as follows:

APC NS - quite a bold, true blue; it is dark, but noticably blue; I'd liken it to a deep ocean
Nudie SJDJ - dark murky blue with a bit of a greenish tinge; I'd liken this to a murky lake

I wouldn't necessarily say that either is necessarily dark in comparison to my 5EPxSF, but each is dark enough. Personally, I find the tones of the APCs easier to wear than my Nudies. The Nudies work better with browns, whereas the APCs work with blacks and greys.

Short of a photo, that is the best I can do. I hope it helps.

Great. Thanks, man.
post #1558 of 13582
Anyone know if there are raw black cures or new cures out? I've tried on the raw black new standards and they're not slim enough for my liking.
post #1559 of 13582
Just got a pair of NS's. Don't know why I didn't go for raw denim earlier.

I really like the colour of a brand new pair, so how / when should I wash them to preserve the colour?
post #1560 of 13582
Wash as little as possible. Some people don't wash for 6-10 months. Just hang them up when you're not wearing them and don't wash until they're noticeably dirty or smelly. When you do, soak in water with some detergent in your tub or something and then hang dry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.