or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 903

post #13531 of 13589

thanks gents.  I'm hoping it's different rules of stretch this time as I'm going for more of a straight look rather than slim/skinny which I've usually gone for.  Main concern is the crotch area going saggy held up by a tightly fastened belt.  Reminds me of the days when i sized up on jeans to get the baggy look :slayer:but you could see how much effort it was to keep them on the waist.

 

Been loking at nudie and edwin slim straight fits and they all seem to have thighs that balloon out on me

post #13532 of 13589

im pretty sure that the waist will still stretch a bit. I think you should size down one, but if you're happy with em keep em.

post #13533 of 13589

I'm tempted but its all to do with where i want them to sit.  I  can hoist up the 28s to my comfortable normal waist and its great that theres no genitals on show but a size down will only force me to wear them lower.

Might return them while i still can and search for a similar cut/weight brand with normal-high rise..

without the notoriety of stretch


Edited by willis88 - 8/26/16 at 10:50am
post #13534 of 13589
Anyone have the Portland Bomber jacket from previous seasons and can comment on sizing?

I remember trying a different APC bomber and it fit quite slim and required a size up.

Thanks in advance!

post #13535 of 13589

been wearing my apc pns for about 6 months now, starting to smell bad so probably gonna wash them very soon. crotch is also starting to take some damage. 

http://imgur.com/hj0AMIE

http://imgur.com/CjS6akf

post #13536 of 13589

Shame about the stink as max i would do is a dryclean on those

post #13537 of 13589

I've always been curious about raw jeans smelling. I wore my PNS for over a year and it never had a pervasive musk. 

 

Give the jeans a quick rinse (don't wring) in water treated with Santa Maria or other aromatics 

post #13538 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Galt View Post
 

I've always been curious about raw jeans smelling. I wore my PNS for over a year and it never had a pervasive musk. 

 

Give the jeans a quick rinse (don't wring) in water treated with Santa Maria or other aromatics 


With normal everyday wear they shouldn't really stink but it depends what you do in them.  My last pair were fine for 8 months til summer when i started mowing the lawn, did a few bbqs, sat on stoney beach..

It wasnt a projection smell (apparently) but when i sniffed the denim it was pretty horrific, esp on knees and seat.

post #13539 of 13589
Can anyone comment on the fit of the petite new standard vs. the petite standard? The web site seems to say the lower block is exactly the same, while the top block is moderately roomier in the thighs, and possibly seat. I assume they stretch the same in the waist. Is this correct? My worry is they'll be too roomy...

The PS is like my One Jean, and I'm looking for a temporary solution until I can lose about 10 lbs and get back into them. (Going to try one size up in the PNS and hope that works out).
post #13540 of 13589
I could be wrong but I recall the PNS as being a big bigger in the thighs and having a higher rise compared to the PS. So compared to PS's, the PNS would have a roomier top block, as in higher rise and bigger thighs etc.
Edited by Master-Classter - 9/1/16 at 12:09pm
post #13541 of 13589
I thought PNS was New Standard in the top block and thighs, but tapering below the knee like the Petites.
post #13542 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob in 89 View Post

Can anyone comment on the fit of the petite new standard vs. the petite standard? The web site seems to say the lower block is exactly the same, while the top block is moderately roomier in the thighs, and possibly seat. I assume they stretch the same in the waist. Is this correct? My worry is they'll be too roomy...

The PS is like my One Jean, and I'm looking for a temporary solution until I can lose about 10 lbs and get back into them. (Going to try one size up in the PNS and hope that works out).


Tbh I've given up on what the retailers say and the pns is a particular awkward one.  Eg. Oi Polloi tell us they're low rise, Mr Porter say they mid and Oki-ni go as far as to say they actually have a high rise.

I assumed they were just the ps with more room in the top but after going with my ps size I couldn't actually get my legs through to find out.  I have heard that it might not be such a bad idea to go a bit closer to true with them so I ordered a couple of pairs in my normal jeans size and also in a size down.  Will see what they're all about tomorrow..

post #13543 of 13589
FYI, East Dane has a full size run of APC New Standards in raw black for $110.

https://www.eastdane.com/new-standard-black-jean-apc/vp/v=1/1518071417.htm
post #13544 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis88 View Post


Tbh I've given up on what the retailers say and the pns is a particular awkward one.  Eg. Oi Polloi tell us they're low rise, Mr Porter say they mid and Oki-ni go as far as to say they actually have a high rise.
I assumed they were just the ps with more room in the top but after going with my ps size I couldn't actually get my legs through to find out.  I have heard that it might not be such a bad idea to go a bit closer to true with them so I ordered a couple of pairs in my normal jeans size and also in a size down.  Will see what they're all about tomorrow..

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I've had the same problem with retailers giving conflicting information.

I am intensely interested in how this turns out... smile.gif
post #13545 of 13589

sorry for poor quality but fwiw the rise of the petit new standard is the same as the new standard which i would classify as mid rise.  Not as roomy obviously, particularly in the seat, due to the differing legs but they're definitely a more comfortable fit than the petits. 

I'm normally a 28-29 in other jeans/trousers and these are a 28.  Leg-wise they fit similar to my petits in a 27 but i tried a 27 in pns previously and couldn't get my legs through them.


I also tried a 29 but the waist was far too big

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.