I bought these apc ns online so i dont know how the fit is going to look on me. Should hv bought sz 30 instead. Guess I have to gain more weight then. Bring on those Big Macs! lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 845post #12662 of 136144/9/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
I'm approaching 5 months now and thinking of doing a soak. What's the best way to do it without making the overall indigo shade of the jeans lighter? I'd like to have just the fades without losing the dark indigo color. Right now they only have creases, no apparently fading yet.
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.post #12663 of 136144/9/14 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ktown
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.
just fill up your washer with cold water, put a litttttttle bit of detergent and soak the jeans in the washer for a couple minutes (dont start the machine, just do it manually), remove and hang at vertical. That's how I would do it.post #12664 of 136144/9/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Acne Max (slim) and Acne Ace (slimmer) are very similar.
Also rag & bone RB23 as well as a J.Brand Tyler.post #12665 of 136144/11/14 at 7:22pmSo I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived thoughpost #12666 of 136144/12/14 at 12:53ampost #12667 of 136144/12/14 at 2:48amQuote:
Get a gym membership and start working out.Quote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
So I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though
It was with the old sizing, I doubt you can do that today.
I don't get how people can size down more than one and still have their nuts hanging outside of their body.post #12668 of 136144/12/14 at 3:54ampost #12669 of 136144/13/14 at 9:05am
Got a lot of tap water spilt on the bum area of my new cures, when they dried as i was wearing them it considerably stretched out the area.
I've only had them a week so they haven't started to fade, was just wondering if I did a hot soak to shrink the area back down, would it stop them from fading properly in future?
Thanks a lotpost #12670 of 136144/13/14 at 2:27pmpost #12671 of 136144/13/14 at 4:56pm
Long shot, but would anyone happen to have some hemmed parts of APCs they'd be willing to part with? I put off darning my APC PNS when they started to show signs of weakness about a month ago and now there's a straight up 2" by 2" hole that requires patching. A 3" by 3" piece or larger would be idea.
I will, of course, pay for shipping and your troubles.post #12672 of 136144/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #12673 of 136144/16/14 at 1:50pmpost #12674 of 136144/17/14 at 10:30ampost #12675 of 136144/17/14 at 12:53pm
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 19 minutes ago
- › Viberg Dust black calf Service Boot 2030 last 9.5 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...