I bought these apc ns online so i dont know how the fit is going to look on me. Should hv bought sz 30 instead. Guess I have to gain more weight then. Bring on those Big Macs! lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 845
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12662 of 134174/9/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
I'm approaching 5 months now and thinking of doing a soak. What's the best way to do it without making the overall indigo shade of the jeans lighter? I'd like to have just the fades without losing the dark indigo color. Right now they only have creases, no apparently fading yet.
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.post #12663 of 134174/9/14 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ktown
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.
just fill up your washer with cold water, put a litttttttle bit of detergent and soak the jeans in the washer for a couple minutes (dont start the machine, just do it manually), remove and hang at vertical. That's how I would do it.post #12664 of 134174/9/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Acne Max (slim) and Acne Ace (slimmer) are very similar.
Also rag & bone RB23 as well as a J.Brand Tyler.post #12665 of 134174/11/14 at 7:22pmSo I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived thoughpost #12666 of 134174/12/14 at 12:53ampost #12667 of 134174/12/14 at 2:48amQuote:
Get a gym membership and start working out.Quote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
So I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though
It was with the old sizing, I doubt you can do that today.
I don't get how people can size down more than one and still have their nuts hanging outside of their body.post #12668 of 134174/12/14 at 3:54ampost #12669 of 134174/13/14 at 9:05am
Got a lot of tap water spilt on the bum area of my new cures, when they dried as i was wearing them it considerably stretched out the area.
I've only had them a week so they haven't started to fade, was just wondering if I did a hot soak to shrink the area back down, would it stop them from fading properly in future?
Thanks a lotpost #12670 of 134174/13/14 at 2:27pmpost #12671 of 134174/13/14 at 4:56pm
Long shot, but would anyone happen to have some hemmed parts of APCs they'd be willing to part with? I put off darning my APC PNS when they started to show signs of weakness about a month ago and now there's a straight up 2" by 2" hole that requires patching. A 3" by 3" piece or larger would be idea.
I will, of course, pay for shipping and your troubles.post #12672 of 134174/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #12673 of 134174/16/14 at 1:50pmpost #12674 of 134174/17/14 at 10:30am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 44 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › EPAULET - 8 PAIR - WALT, RIVET + POLO/CORNELIANI (SLIM) TROUSERS 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...