I bought these apc ns online so i dont know how the fit is going to look on me. Should hv bought sz 30 instead. Guess I have to gain more weight then. Bring on those Big Macs! lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/30/15 at 6:51pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 845
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12662 of 131644/9/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
I'm approaching 5 months now and thinking of doing a soak. What's the best way to do it without making the overall indigo shade of the jeans lighter? I'd like to have just the fades without losing the dark indigo color. Right now they only have creases, no apparently fading yet.
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.post #12663 of 131644/9/14 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ktown
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.
just fill up your washer with cold water, put a litttttttle bit of detergent and soak the jeans in the washer for a couple minutes (dont start the machine, just do it manually), remove and hang at vertical. That's how I would do it.post #12664 of 131644/9/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Acne Max (slim) and Acne Ace (slimmer) are very similar.
Also rag & bone RB23 as well as a J.Brand Tyler.post #12665 of 131644/11/14 at 7:22pmSo I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived thoughpost #12666 of 131644/12/14 at 12:53ampost #12667 of 131644/12/14 at 2:48amQuote:
Get a gym membership and start working out.Quote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
So I've been owning these New Standards for about 2.5 months (not my everyday pants, probably 15-20 wears total). I sized down 3 and they felt OK, until I gained some weight recently so basically they're 4 size down now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable especially when I'm sitting down (the fit is still fine). Should I throw the towel? I heard a guy who sized down 5 in NS and survived though
It was with the old sizing, I doubt you can do that today.
I don't get how people can size down more than one and still have their nuts hanging outside of their body.post #12668 of 131644/12/14 at 3:54ampost #12669 of 131644/13/14 at 9:05am
Got a lot of tap water spilt on the bum area of my new cures, when they dried as i was wearing them it considerably stretched out the area.
I've only had them a week so they haven't started to fade, was just wondering if I did a hot soak to shrink the area back down, would it stop them from fading properly in future?
Thanks a lotpost #12670 of 131644/13/14 at 2:27pmpost #12671 of 131644/13/14 at 4:56pm
Long shot, but would anyone happen to have some hemmed parts of APCs they'd be willing to part with? I put off darning my APC PNS when they started to show signs of weakness about a month ago and now there's a straight up 2" by 2" hole that requires patching. A 3" by 3" piece or larger would be idea.
I will, of course, pay for shipping and your troubles.post #12672 of 131644/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #12673 of 131644/16/14 at 1:50pmpost #12674 of 131644/17/14 at 10:30am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 17 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...