Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 822post #12316 of 1342111/26/13 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12317 of 1342111/26/13 at 4:11pm
Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments and good conversation.
Allen Edmonds Neumora's, and one of my favorites. I always come back to these because of their comfort, and regardless of what Vesper says, I get more compliments on these than my Carminas, Aldens, C&J's etc... :)Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Jeans look great. Shoes are really nice but maybe a bit too formal for the jeans. I guess if you throw on a sportscoat it all works, otherwise needs something more casual.Thanks. Exactly - I like living on that edge!Quote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I disagree about the toe box, and think they're nice shoes. But I'd say they're a bit shiny and formal, and have a bit too much going on, to be worn with stacked jeans. They'd work a lot better with pants that have a slightly wider leg opening and less slouchy silhouette.
I just shined them... good eye. I will see what kind of results I get with my shell brogues, but those feel even more formal than these DB's. Style wise, there is just something about a tapered trouser with a pair of DB's has always appealed to me.post #12318 of 1342111/26/13 at 4:19pmQuote:
Aldens can look a bit old fashioned for some general commentators (I would know as I have a bunch of them). Double monks can look a bit more "fashion forward" to a lot of people and look nice without being too cheesy or showy. That said, I wear my APCs with Alden brogues and boots all the time and they work very well and get a lot of compliments.post #12319 of 1342111/26/13 at 11:20pmpost #12320 of 1342111/27/13 at 2:45ampost #12321 of 1342111/27/13 at 4:22ampost #12322 of 1342111/27/13 at 8:52ampost #12323 of 1342111/28/13 at 3:35amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Pepin
I have a couple of their boots. I got the caramel chelsea boots from a couple of seasons ago, which are OK, but nothing special. They seem to have a cemented construction. I also got the black Montantes boots from last F/W and they are great. Both leather quality and construction seem good. The black back zip boots from this season look similar in regard to leather and sole, so if they are made similar to the shoes from last F/W they are good shoes.Quote:Originally Posted by BigC222
I bought these during the summer (http://streething.com/news/7691/a-p-c-crepe-sole-leather-boots/) and they are pretty good. Comfortable, good quality leather and TTS. I got them 50% off on sale for about $240 and it originally retailed around $500. I would say like other APC products, wait for sale and for $500 you have a lot of other options.
I agree, they look nice. I don’t like a cemented construction though and there are better options in this price range.post #12324 of 1342111/28/13 at 5:21amDoes anyone know how the the stretch petit standard stretches?
I understand that they stretch obviously because they have Polyurethane in them, but do they stretch more or less than some regular PS would stretch after time?post #12325 of 1342111/28/13 at 1:28pmpost #12326 of 1342111/28/13 at 1:34pmpost #12327 of 1342111/28/13 at 1:37pmpost #12328 of 1342111/28/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Yes, I should have specified that the standard indigo are not on sale. But I'm glad I didn't buy RRL washed black jeans at $360 and instead will likely get either the NS or PS in "grey"post #12329 of 1342111/28/13 at 2:01pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Cars We Drive! 6 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › KITON Super 180s SUIT 44R/36Wx30L 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.