Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 822post #12316 of 1313611/26/13 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12317 of 1313611/26/13 at 4:11pm
Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments and good conversation.
Allen Edmonds Neumora's, and one of my favorites. I always come back to these because of their comfort, and regardless of what Vesper says, I get more compliments on these than my Carminas, Aldens, C&J's etc... :)Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Jeans look great. Shoes are really nice but maybe a bit too formal for the jeans. I guess if you throw on a sportscoat it all works, otherwise needs something more casual.Thanks. Exactly - I like living on that edge!Quote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I disagree about the toe box, and think they're nice shoes. But I'd say they're a bit shiny and formal, and have a bit too much going on, to be worn with stacked jeans. They'd work a lot better with pants that have a slightly wider leg opening and less slouchy silhouette.
I just shined them... good eye. I will see what kind of results I get with my shell brogues, but those feel even more formal than these DB's. Style wise, there is just something about a tapered trouser with a pair of DB's has always appealed to me.post #12318 of 1313611/26/13 at 4:19pmQuote:
Aldens can look a bit old fashioned for some general commentators (I would know as I have a bunch of them). Double monks can look a bit more "fashion forward" to a lot of people and look nice without being too cheesy or showy. That said, I wear my APCs with Alden brogues and boots all the time and they work very well and get a lot of compliments.post #12319 of 1313611/26/13 at 11:20pmpost #12320 of 1313611/27/13 at 2:45ampost #12321 of 1313611/27/13 at 4:22ampost #12322 of 1313611/27/13 at 8:52ampost #12323 of 1313611/28/13 at 3:35amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Pepin
I have a couple of their boots. I got the caramel chelsea boots from a couple of seasons ago, which are OK, but nothing special. They seem to have a cemented construction. I also got the black Montantes boots from last F/W and they are great. Both leather quality and construction seem good. The black back zip boots from this season look similar in regard to leather and sole, so if they are made similar to the shoes from last F/W they are good shoes.Quote:Originally Posted by BigC222
I bought these during the summer (http://streething.com/news/7691/a-p-c-crepe-sole-leather-boots/) and they are pretty good. Comfortable, good quality leather and TTS. I got them 50% off on sale for about $240 and it originally retailed around $500. I would say like other APC products, wait for sale and for $500 you have a lot of other options.
I agree, they look nice. I don’t like a cemented construction though and there are better options in this price range.post #12324 of 1313611/28/13 at 5:21amDoes anyone know how the the stretch petit standard stretches?
I understand that they stretch obviously because they have Polyurethane in them, but do they stretch more or less than some regular PS would stretch after time?post #12325 of 1313611/28/13 at 1:28pmpost #12326 of 1313611/28/13 at 1:34pmpost #12327 of 1313611/28/13 at 1:37pmpost #12328 of 1313611/28/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Yes, I should have specified that the standard indigo are not on sale. But I'm glad I didn't buy RRL washed black jeans at $360 and instead will likely get either the NS or PS in "grey"post #12329 of 1313611/28/13 at 2:01pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 25 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › What necktie would you wear with a buffalo plaid shirt and navy suit? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Desperately in need of a new dress shirt brand... 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...