Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 819post #12271 of 1342111/14/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12272 of 1342111/17/13 at 3:11pmpost #12273 of 1342111/17/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
I have same issue as you do. What worked for me was just getting a pair of NS and then have it tailored tapered.post #12274 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:08pmpost #12275 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:14pmpost #12276 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Petit New Standard. I have huge thighs and it fits. Tightest part is actually my calves right below the knee. If i'm sitting down I cant pull my jeans off cause my calves lock up the knee area of the jeans too tightly. Then I have to straighten my legs and carefully pull the jeans off from the very bottom (at the cuffs) -- as opposed to pushing them off from my waistband. Kind of annoying, but the fit looks nice.post #12277 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:38pmpost #12278 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:44pmpost #12279 of 1342111/17/13 at 10:50pmpost #12280 of 1342111/17/13 at 11:40pmpost #12281 of 1342111/17/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
yeah the fit is pretty satisfying. If I were to change anything i'd add a half inch in the waist and just below the knee, take away a half inch at the leg opening.post #12282 of 1342111/18/13 at 7:35ampost #12283 of 1342111/18/13 at 8:05ampost #12284 of 1342111/18/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Ya, I think first wash works. I find that wearing it in after a couple weeks so you get comfortable with the fit and a bit of stretching, then go get it tapered. Just note that tapering will affect the selvedge hem. Either the hem is going to get covered up or you are going to get a really wide selvedge hem.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 37 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 50 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...