Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/28/15 at 8:50pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 815
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12212 of 1316410/21/13 at 9:37am
??? er, I'm no denim expert, but my understanding of selvedge is that it's not entirely unrelated to cut. I thought based on the loom width setting, you more or less get a straight cut jean with selvedge line, and if the taper is as big as with a NC then you'll still have raw but the selvedge line may be cut off or not even there in the first place (they'd just use raw sheets instead). I could be completely wrong about this... what I will say for sure is that I've owned NS, NC, and PS, and only the NS had the selvedge line. I've never seen NC's with them, so the situation above sounds unusual to me too.... anyone?post #12213 of 1316410/21/13 at 12:31pmpost #12214 of 1316410/21/13 at 6:08pmpost #12215 of 1316410/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #12216 of 1316410/21/13 at 6:51pmpost #12217 of 1316410/22/13 at 12:01ampost #12218 of 1316410/22/13 at 1:27amQuote:Originally Posted by warrjs
I purchased a pair of APC New Standards about a week ago, but there's already been an accident. I spilled a significant amount of ketchup on my jeans after only one week, and I had to wash them. I turned them inside out, used cold water, delicate detergent, and rinsed them as carefully as possible. I'm seeing some indigo loss, but I'm not sure how much.
To what extent will this effect the fading? I assume it isn't a death sentence, but I also assume that my fades won't be as dramatic as some of the fades I see on the internet. What do you all think? Am I screwed?
I had to wash my current pair at about 3 weeks in because of a spill. And now 10 months later I can definitely say the fades are not as good as my last pair that went 6-8 months before touching water.post #12219 of 1316410/22/13 at 2:36ampost #12220 of 1316410/23/13 at 6:07ampost #12221 of 1316410/24/13 at 4:17ampost #12222 of 1316410/26/13 at 7:10pmI just bought a pair of APC jeans and I noticed they have a huge slub knot in the thigh. This is kind of an eyesore since the denim overall is very smooth and not slubby. It's a 1.5 millimeter white ball just sticking out like a sore thumb. Any way to remove it without making my denim unravel and develop a hole in this area?post #12223 of 1316410/27/13 at 3:56ampost #12224 of 1316410/28/13 at 12:17ampost #12225 of 1316410/28/13 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by reploid
Editing this post since it got no answers and I figured a lot of things out by myself and still need help. I live in a country that does not have a store that carries APC, so I have no choice but to buy them online.
I´m 5´9 and weight 154 lbs. My jeans waist is a solid 31, my thighs are 10 inches across calves and knees both around 7.25. I e-mailed a webshop and asked for some measurements on a few specific pairs of apc denim. They took some pairs that they had in stock and measured them, and this is what I came up with:
The ones I marked with yellow are the ones that I thought that would fit me better. I´m looking for a slim tapered fit that is not painted on.
So now I´m stuck between NC 28, NC 29 or PS 28 judging by those measures. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
I would go with the PNS in the size 28. Should fit really well once they're broken in and PS would probably be too tight
Edited by RXS09 - 10/29/13 at 8:27am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › I MIGHT HAVE LOST THESE HERMES TIES, AND THIS AD IS IN TROUBLE 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...