My size 28 PS stretched over time to a 31" waist. So around 2" for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 812
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12167 of 1342110/9/13 at 2:31pmI've got a pair of PS that I've been wearing often for a year+. When I purchased them I hemmed them so there is just one break (I typically like one or no break in my jeans). They've got nice honeycombs and significant fading, especially around the pockets where I carry my phone and wallet.
I now want them to be more tapered from the thigh all the way down to the hem at the bottom. I'm worried that the fades and honeycombs are going to end up in strange locations that don't look natural.
My tailor is usually pretty good at following exact directions that I give him. Do you guys have any experience tailoring a pair of APC's that have a fair amount of ware? Any specific advice, experience, or directions that I can give when getting the jeans tailored?post #12168 of 1342110/9/13 at 7:17pmpost #12169 of 1342110/9/13 at 7:36pmpost #12170 of 1342110/9/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Don't worry about the leg opening being too narrow. 1) it doesn't look that way 2) you can do whatever you want when you're rippedpost #12171 of 1342110/9/13 at 10:23pmBigPun, fit's good on the pants, but proportional to your top half, makes you look hipsterifically skinny on the bottom. The fit on your legs is fine but not sure the overall silouette is working, meaning yeah, if you had more of a straight slim cut instead of heavy taper it would be better IMO. If you're comfortable in them, then that's the most important thing. Well that, and looking flypost #12172 of 1342110/10/13 at 1:02amQuote:
PS 28 - with a real waist of 29 - stretched to 31, that is 2 sizes. See size chart - if it is legit. (You are familiar with this DJosey, obviously, but for other readers). Correct?
2 questions have arisen:
- In what time frame, how many wears did it stretch out 2 sizes?
- I don't know your true waist size, but if it you can wear a true size 29 (that is you can button the top button and and have insert two fingers between your waist and the pants'waist - perfect fit) the jeans stretched out to 31 (example), would you (next time) buy 2 sizes smaller, unable to button the jeans for X amount of time (sized minus 2 sizes!), only wear 'em at home for that time, only go outside when it reached is proper size?
You know, for project butts, for you butts to look good in that jeans, for the ladies.post #12173 of 1342110/10/13 at 1:09ampost #12174 of 1342110/10/13 at 3:37ampost #12175 of 1342110/10/13 at 6:41ampost #12176 of 1342110/10/13 at 7:35ampost #12177 of 1342110/10/13 at 8:00ampost #12178 of 1342110/10/13 at 8:03ampost #12179 of 1342110/10/13 at 8:10ampost #12180 of 1342110/10/13 at 12:04pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 26 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 34 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 9 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 10 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?