My size 28 PS stretched over time to a 31" waist. So around 2" for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on Yesterday at 10:06 am in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 812
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12167 of 1316410/9/13 at 2:31pmI've got a pair of PS that I've been wearing often for a year+. When I purchased them I hemmed them so there is just one break (I typically like one or no break in my jeans). They've got nice honeycombs and significant fading, especially around the pockets where I carry my phone and wallet.
I now want them to be more tapered from the thigh all the way down to the hem at the bottom. I'm worried that the fades and honeycombs are going to end up in strange locations that don't look natural.
My tailor is usually pretty good at following exact directions that I give him. Do you guys have any experience tailoring a pair of APC's that have a fair amount of ware? Any specific advice, experience, or directions that I can give when getting the jeans tailored?post #12168 of 1316410/9/13 at 7:17pmpost #12169 of 1316410/9/13 at 7:36pmpost #12170 of 1316410/9/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Don't worry about the leg opening being too narrow. 1) it doesn't look that way 2) you can do whatever you want when you're rippedpost #12171 of 1316410/9/13 at 10:23pmBigPun, fit's good on the pants, but proportional to your top half, makes you look hipsterifically skinny on the bottom. The fit on your legs is fine but not sure the overall silouette is working, meaning yeah, if you had more of a straight slim cut instead of heavy taper it would be better IMO. If you're comfortable in them, then that's the most important thing. Well that, and looking flypost #12172 of 1316410/10/13 at 1:02amQuote:
PS 28 - with a real waist of 29 - stretched to 31, that is 2 sizes. See size chart - if it is legit. (You are familiar with this DJosey, obviously, but for other readers). Correct?
2 questions have arisen:
- In what time frame, how many wears did it stretch out 2 sizes?
- I don't know your true waist size, but if it you can wear a true size 29 (that is you can button the top button and and have insert two fingers between your waist and the pants'waist - perfect fit) the jeans stretched out to 31 (example), would you (next time) buy 2 sizes smaller, unable to button the jeans for X amount of time (sized minus 2 sizes!), only wear 'em at home for that time, only go outside when it reached is proper size?
You know, for project butts, for you butts to look good in that jeans, for the ladies.post #12173 of 1316410/10/13 at 1:09ampost #12174 of 1316410/10/13 at 3:37ampost #12175 of 1316410/10/13 at 6:41ampost #12176 of 1316410/10/13 at 7:35ampost #12177 of 1316410/10/13 at 8:00ampost #12178 of 1316410/10/13 at 8:03ampost #12179 of 1316410/10/13 at 8:10ampost #12180 of 1316410/10/13 at 12:04pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Viberg Boots 11 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 2 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Neapolitan Sport Coat 15 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 26 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...