My size 28 PS stretched over time to a 31" waist. So around 2" for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/5/15 at 11:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 812
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12167 of 1314310/9/13 at 2:31pmI've got a pair of PS that I've been wearing often for a year+. When I purchased them I hemmed them so there is just one break (I typically like one or no break in my jeans). They've got nice honeycombs and significant fading, especially around the pockets where I carry my phone and wallet.
I now want them to be more tapered from the thigh all the way down to the hem at the bottom. I'm worried that the fades and honeycombs are going to end up in strange locations that don't look natural.
My tailor is usually pretty good at following exact directions that I give him. Do you guys have any experience tailoring a pair of APC's that have a fair amount of ware? Any specific advice, experience, or directions that I can give when getting the jeans tailored?post #12168 of 1314310/9/13 at 7:17pmpost #12169 of 1314310/9/13 at 7:36pmpost #12170 of 1314310/9/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Don't worry about the leg opening being too narrow. 1) it doesn't look that way 2) you can do whatever you want when you're rippedpost #12171 of 1314310/9/13 at 10:23pmBigPun, fit's good on the pants, but proportional to your top half, makes you look hipsterifically skinny on the bottom. The fit on your legs is fine but not sure the overall silouette is working, meaning yeah, if you had more of a straight slim cut instead of heavy taper it would be better IMO. If you're comfortable in them, then that's the most important thing. Well that, and looking flypost #12172 of 1314310/10/13 at 1:02amQuote:
PS 28 - with a real waist of 29 - stretched to 31, that is 2 sizes. See size chart - if it is legit. (You are familiar with this DJosey, obviously, but for other readers). Correct?
2 questions have arisen:
- In what time frame, how many wears did it stretch out 2 sizes?
- I don't know your true waist size, but if it you can wear a true size 29 (that is you can button the top button and and have insert two fingers between your waist and the pants'waist - perfect fit) the jeans stretched out to 31 (example), would you (next time) buy 2 sizes smaller, unable to button the jeans for X amount of time (sized minus 2 sizes!), only wear 'em at home for that time, only go outside when it reached is proper size?
You know, for project butts, for you butts to look good in that jeans, for the ladies.post #12173 of 1314310/10/13 at 1:09ampost #12174 of 1314310/10/13 at 3:37ampost #12175 of 1314310/10/13 at 6:41ampost #12176 of 1314310/10/13 at 7:35ampost #12177 of 1314310/10/13 at 8:00ampost #12178 of 1314310/10/13 at 8:03ampost #12179 of 1314310/10/13 at 8:10ampost #12180 of 1314310/10/13 at 12:04pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 30 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Black Chromexcel Engineer sz. 11 - New 2 minutes ago
- › Suit brands for short/thin guy? 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...