My size 28 PS stretched over time to a 31" waist. So around 2" for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 812post #12167 of 1357010/9/13 at 2:31pmI've got a pair of PS that I've been wearing often for a year+. When I purchased them I hemmed them so there is just one break (I typically like one or no break in my jeans). They've got nice honeycombs and significant fading, especially around the pockets where I carry my phone and wallet.
I now want them to be more tapered from the thigh all the way down to the hem at the bottom. I'm worried that the fades and honeycombs are going to end up in strange locations that don't look natural.
My tailor is usually pretty good at following exact directions that I give him. Do you guys have any experience tailoring a pair of APC's that have a fair amount of ware? Any specific advice, experience, or directions that I can give when getting the jeans tailored?post #12168 of 1357010/9/13 at 7:17pmpost #12169 of 1357010/9/13 at 7:36pmpost #12170 of 1357010/9/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Don't worry about the leg opening being too narrow. 1) it doesn't look that way 2) you can do whatever you want when you're rippedpost #12171 of 1357010/9/13 at 10:23pmBigPun, fit's good on the pants, but proportional to your top half, makes you look hipsterifically skinny on the bottom. The fit on your legs is fine but not sure the overall silouette is working, meaning yeah, if you had more of a straight slim cut instead of heavy taper it would be better IMO. If you're comfortable in them, then that's the most important thing. Well that, and looking flypost #12172 of 1357010/10/13 at 1:02amQuote:
PS 28 - with a real waist of 29 - stretched to 31, that is 2 sizes. See size chart - if it is legit. (You are familiar with this DJosey, obviously, but for other readers). Correct?
2 questions have arisen:
- In what time frame, how many wears did it stretch out 2 sizes?
- I don't know your true waist size, but if it you can wear a true size 29 (that is you can button the top button and and have insert two fingers between your waist and the pants'waist - perfect fit) the jeans stretched out to 31 (example), would you (next time) buy 2 sizes smaller, unable to button the jeans for X amount of time (sized minus 2 sizes!), only wear 'em at home for that time, only go outside when it reached is proper size?
You know, for project butts, for you butts to look good in that jeans, for the ladies.post #12173 of 1357010/10/13 at 1:09ampost #12174 of 1357010/10/13 at 3:37ampost #12175 of 1357010/10/13 at 6:41ampost #12176 of 1357010/10/13 at 7:35ampost #12177 of 1357010/10/13 at 8:00ampost #12178 of 1357010/10/13 at 8:03ampost #12179 of 1357010/10/13 at 8:10ampost #12180 of 1357010/10/13 at 12:04pm
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 26 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 32 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 35 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 42 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 50 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...