Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 809post #12121 of 135829/22/13 at 7:00pmpost #12122 of 135829/22/13 at 9:33pmpost #12123 of 135829/23/13 at 1:09ampost #12124 of 135829/23/13 at 1:42ampost #12125 of 135829/23/13 at 2:35ampost #12126 of 135829/23/13 at 2:43ampost #12127 of 135829/23/13 at 3:20pmHey guys, I'd really appreciate some sizing help. For reference, I usually wear a size 30 in most jeans/pants, and am 5'7 ~150lbs. My waist is quite thin relative to my butt and thighs. I am aiming for a slim but not skinny or tight fit. I tried on both the 30s and the 29s in the PNS; the 30s fit nicely everywhere except I had about an inch of spare room around the waist. The guy that was helping me at the store recommended I go with the 29s. Sorry for poor picture quality. In case it isn't obvious, the thigh area is quite tight.
I have no problem getting them on or buttoning them up (the waist fits perfectly), but they feel far more snug than I'd like them to end up (post-stretch). I am mostly worried about the thigh area, and I know people often say that this is an area that won't stretch much. I'm thinking of exchanging these for the 30s, which I can just wear with a belt. Thoughts?post #12128 of 135829/23/13 at 3:32pmpost #12129 of 135829/23/13 at 3:37pmi think the ns would actually suit your body type better
anyway, does apc's washed/colored jeans differ in sizing compared to their raw denim
was looking at vaio's white ps in a 26 (which if some of you remember from the pics i posted were too tight in the raw version), but don't know if it's gonna be too smallpost #12130 of 135829/23/13 at 3:40pm
Hmm, I had a pair of NS a couple years ago, and I really didn't like how they fit from the knee down. But perhaps I just sized them wrong. It was my understanding the the major difference between NS and PNS was that the latter just has a pronounced taper.post #12131 of 135829/23/13 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mossy
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some sizing help. For reference, I usually wear a size 30 in most jeans/pants, and am 5'7 ~150lbs. My waist is quite thin relative to my butt and thighs. I am aiming for a slim but not skinny or tight fit. I tried on both the 30s and the 29s in the PNS; the 30s fit nicely everywhere except I had about an inch of spare room around the waist. The guy that was helping me at the store recommended I go with the 29s. Sorry for poor picture quality. In case it isn't obvious, the thigh area is quite tight
I have no problem getting them on or buttoning them up (the waist fits perfectly), but they feel far more snug than I'd like them to end up (post-stretch). I am mostly worried about the thigh area, and I know people often say that this is an area that won't stretch much. I'm thinking of exchanging these for the 30s, which I can just wear with a belt. Thoughts?
Those will be fine after a few weeks of wear don't worry. My black PS, which are said to stretch less fit similar to the pics you posted. They ended up being perfect after a few weeks of wear. I sized down to a 30 from my usual 31-32.post #12132 of 135829/23/13 at 4:32pmyeah, the thighs there are tight, not terrible, but you seem like a slightly bigger guy (I'm 5'6 but 130lbs and wear PS). So I'd say either keep and do some squats in them to stretch the thighs, or more likely I'd suggest the NS or new Petite NS since they have more room in the thighs and the PNS has some taper from the knee down. So I'd say try 29 PNS and repost.
Re: other colors, I've heard they fit differently. I'm pretty sure I have the same pair as Vaoi has for sale. I got PS in 26 raw and they're ball crunchingly tight, so maybe 27 would have been better, but when I tried on even a 27 in the white ones (slight blue wash tones) it was pretty damn tight. They were softer and felt a bit stretchy, but I was showing pocket outlines and visible boxer lines, so ended up actually going for a 28, ie TTS and they're still pretty snug! Ask for waist, thigh, knee, hem measurements.post #12133 of 135829/23/13 at 5:01pmpost #12134 of 135829/23/13 at 5:46pmYeah- PNS def has more taper. I think I like them more than the regular PS. If anyone wants to trade a 31 PNS for a 30 PNS I'm down. Im wearing a 31 ps and it fits great, I just want something slimmer from the knee down and these 30 PNS are just sitting unworn in the closet. #shamelessplug
Is the thigh looser in the PNS than the PS?
Edited by CBrown85 - 9/23/13 at 5:57pmpost #12135 of 135829/23/13 at 7:44pmNot 100% sure, but I think NC is the most taper also unisex cut, then PS is slim thigh and taper, NS is basically a straight cut so more thigh room and not much taper, and PNS is straight with same roomy thigh as NS but has a taper below the knee. Thigh on PNS might be a little slimmer than standard NS but don't quote me on that.
Basically NS is straight, PNS is tapered from knee down, PS is very slim and NC is skinny.
Moss, I didn't read carefully. If that pic is the 29 PNS, then either keep and stretch 'em out, or try regular NS instead for little more thigh room and bit less aggressive taper so doesn't make you look like you have fat thighs. Note, you may have to size down even 1 more for regular NS cut.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Currently, there are 1411 Active Users (268 Members and 1143 Guests)
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Which combination should I pick for a wedding 15 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 15 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 16 minutes ago
- › Trenchcoat right size? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...