Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 8/29/15 at 2:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 809post #12121 of 131899/22/13 at 7:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12122 of 131899/22/13 at 9:33pmpost #12123 of 131899/23/13 at 1:09ampost #12124 of 131899/23/13 at 1:42ampost #12125 of 131899/23/13 at 2:35ampost #12126 of 131899/23/13 at 2:43ampost #12127 of 131899/23/13 at 3:20pmHey guys, I'd really appreciate some sizing help. For reference, I usually wear a size 30 in most jeans/pants, and am 5'7 ~150lbs. My waist is quite thin relative to my butt and thighs. I am aiming for a slim but not skinny or tight fit. I tried on both the 30s and the 29s in the PNS; the 30s fit nicely everywhere except I had about an inch of spare room around the waist. The guy that was helping me at the store recommended I go with the 29s. Sorry for poor picture quality. In case it isn't obvious, the thigh area is quite tight.
I have no problem getting them on or buttoning them up (the waist fits perfectly), but they feel far more snug than I'd like them to end up (post-stretch). I am mostly worried about the thigh area, and I know people often say that this is an area that won't stretch much. I'm thinking of exchanging these for the 30s, which I can just wear with a belt. Thoughts?post #12128 of 131899/23/13 at 3:32pmpost #12129 of 131899/23/13 at 3:37pmi think the ns would actually suit your body type better
anyway, does apc's washed/colored jeans differ in sizing compared to their raw denim
was looking at vaio's white ps in a 26 (which if some of you remember from the pics i posted were too tight in the raw version), but don't know if it's gonna be too smallpost #12130 of 131899/23/13 at 3:40pm
Hmm, I had a pair of NS a couple years ago, and I really didn't like how they fit from the knee down. But perhaps I just sized them wrong. It was my understanding the the major difference between NS and PNS was that the latter just has a pronounced taper.post #12131 of 131899/23/13 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mossy
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some sizing help. For reference, I usually wear a size 30 in most jeans/pants, and am 5'7 ~150lbs. My waist is quite thin relative to my butt and thighs. I am aiming for a slim but not skinny or tight fit. I tried on both the 30s and the 29s in the PNS; the 30s fit nicely everywhere except I had about an inch of spare room around the waist. The guy that was helping me at the store recommended I go with the 29s. Sorry for poor picture quality. In case it isn't obvious, the thigh area is quite tight
I have no problem getting them on or buttoning them up (the waist fits perfectly), but they feel far more snug than I'd like them to end up (post-stretch). I am mostly worried about the thigh area, and I know people often say that this is an area that won't stretch much. I'm thinking of exchanging these for the 30s, which I can just wear with a belt. Thoughts?
Those will be fine after a few weeks of wear don't worry. My black PS, which are said to stretch less fit similar to the pics you posted. They ended up being perfect after a few weeks of wear. I sized down to a 30 from my usual 31-32.post #12132 of 131899/23/13 at 4:32pmyeah, the thighs there are tight, not terrible, but you seem like a slightly bigger guy (I'm 5'6 but 130lbs and wear PS). So I'd say either keep and do some squats in them to stretch the thighs, or more likely I'd suggest the NS or new Petite NS since they have more room in the thighs and the PNS has some taper from the knee down. So I'd say try 29 PNS and repost.
Re: other colors, I've heard they fit differently. I'm pretty sure I have the same pair as Vaoi has for sale. I got PS in 26 raw and they're ball crunchingly tight, so maybe 27 would have been better, but when I tried on even a 27 in the white ones (slight blue wash tones) it was pretty damn tight. They were softer and felt a bit stretchy, but I was showing pocket outlines and visible boxer lines, so ended up actually going for a 28, ie TTS and they're still pretty snug! Ask for waist, thigh, knee, hem measurements.post #12133 of 131899/23/13 at 5:01pmpost #12134 of 131899/23/13 at 5:46pmYeah- PNS def has more taper. I think I like them more than the regular PS. If anyone wants to trade a 31 PNS for a 30 PNS I'm down. Im wearing a 31 ps and it fits great, I just want something slimmer from the knee down and these 30 PNS are just sitting unworn in the closet. #shamelessplug
Is the thigh looser in the PNS than the PS?
Edited by CBrown85 - 9/23/13 at 5:57pmpost #12135 of 131899/23/13 at 7:44pmNot 100% sure, but I think NC is the most taper also unisex cut, then PS is slim thigh and taper, NS is basically a straight cut so more thigh room and not much taper, and PNS is straight with same roomy thigh as NS but has a taper below the knee. Thigh on PNS might be a little slimmer than standard NS but don't quote me on that.
Basically NS is straight, PNS is tapered from knee down, PS is very slim and NC is skinny.
Moss, I didn't read carefully. If that pic is the 29 PNS, then either keep and stretch 'em out, or try regular NS instead for little more thigh room and bit less aggressive taper so doesn't make you look like you have fat thighs. Note, you may have to size down even 1 more for regular NS cut.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1069 Active Users (122 Members and 947 Guests)
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 2 minutes ago
- › Visvim FBT Lhamo-Folk in Black 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring? 19 minutes ago
- › New RICHARD JAMES light blue wool/mohair suit - EU36 / US46 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015