Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/2/15 at 11:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 808
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12107 of 131409/18/13 at 2:30amHey guys, tried on some petit standards today (true waist size 32 but down sized 2 to 30). What do you guys think of the fit? I feel it's too tight. Didn't get a rear shot, but it looked like it was suffocating my ass.
Should I size up one (they didn't have size 31 to try on), or should I go with a larger fit? I was thinking maybe the Petit New Standards. Regular New Standards are to baggy.post #12108 of 131409/18/13 at 7:49ampost #12109 of 131409/18/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by wakawakawaka
Hey guys, tried on some petit standards today (true waist size 32 but down sized 2 to 30). What do you guys think of the fit? I feel it's too tight. Didn't get a rear shot, but it looked like it was suffocating my ass.
Should I size up one (they didn't have size 31 to try on), or should I go with a larger fit? I was thinking maybe the Petit New Standards. Regular New Standards are to baggy.
In my opinion, they look good now, which means they're too big.post #12110 of 131409/18/13 at 10:11pmpost #12111 of 131409/18/13 at 10:15pmpost #12112 of 131409/18/13 at 10:18pmpost #12113 of 131409/18/13 at 10:22pm
I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me that can help ..
I'm a bit on the hefty side lol, I have a 36 waist and im not that tall(5'7-5'8ish) but i like my pant/denim to stack. I tried a new standard size 35 and I felt they were too baggy width wise. I like my pant slim/skinny through the leg and around the ankle as well. Should I try the Petite standard which biggest size is 34 ? Or the Petite New standard ? what's the difference?
Thanks in advance.post #12114 of 131409/20/13 at 2:42amQuote:
Don't forget that as much as they will stretch, the time will come when you will have to wash them and they may even shrink a little. If you're going for a classic slim fit, I'd say keep them, the thighs look okay and they typically don't stretch a lot. Those stacks look awful for your stature though imopost #12115 of 131409/20/13 at 6:39ameveryone has different taste on what is painted on and what is not the only thing that can be definitely said about that fit pic is it only looks terrible as it is because it needs about 3" maybe 2.5" hemmed off.
also a new fit always looks like that once its broken in about 4 months of daily wear it will usually look a lot better. my opinion is if he sized down anymore his thighs would look painted on but some people insist/go for that walking around looking fabulous look. i know these days its better not to try to talk them out of it but insist on them going that direction too.
that being said size down 2 more for intended goal.post #12116 of 131409/20/13 at 9:30am
PNS size 31 (sized down 1) arrived today. Don't know why the pic came out sideways after upload... Any thoughts? Tempted to size down one further, but would be happy for these to stretch out into a less skinny and more slim look with a belt being worn.
Also my right leg in the picture looks a bit funny with the stacking but that's sorted itself out now and looks like the left.
(PS: Ignore the colourful pony's and the background décor, I'm visiting home for the weekend and my sisters room is the only one with a decent mirror!)post #12117 of 131409/20/13 at 10:55ampost #12118 of 131409/20/13 at 12:47pmlooks good. They're slim straight and have some nice stacking that'll settle down. if you don't want them painted on and they're relatively slim/snug now, then they'll stretch out to be comfortable later. If you want them to end up being snug, then you'd have to start with them tight like a tigerpost #12119 of 131409/20/13 at 7:38pmso i noticed my ps have a slight leg twist on the right legging
is that common?
dumb question, but will the twisting become more exaggerated as i wear them?
'nother dumb question, but is there anything i can do about it?
it's minor, so if it just stays as is, i won't mind too much, but if it's only bound to get worse, i don't know...
(cross-post from jean newbie thread)post #12120 of 131409/21/13 at 7:07amembrace it most denim will have a slight leg twist. if your lucky when it softens up it might straighten itself out. although i don't recommend washing it repeatedly to just try to rid yourself of leg twist.
i'd like to note most people probably wouldn't even notice it unless they where literally checking out your denim.
i know you don't like to hem but hemming it would lessen the look of the leg twist most of the time.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 1 minute ago
- › THOM BROWNE ties 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › 7/3 MORE ADDED! - Over 50 Pair NWT Pants from Brioni, Incotex,... 15 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...