Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 808
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12107 of 134179/18/13 at 2:30amHey guys, tried on some petit standards today (true waist size 32 but down sized 2 to 30). What do you guys think of the fit? I feel it's too tight. Didn't get a rear shot, but it looked like it was suffocating my ass.
Should I size up one (they didn't have size 31 to try on), or should I go with a larger fit? I was thinking maybe the Petit New Standards. Regular New Standards are to baggy.post #12108 of 134179/18/13 at 7:49ampost #12109 of 134179/18/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by wakawakawaka
Hey guys, tried on some petit standards today (true waist size 32 but down sized 2 to 30). What do you guys think of the fit? I feel it's too tight. Didn't get a rear shot, but it looked like it was suffocating my ass.
Should I size up one (they didn't have size 31 to try on), or should I go with a larger fit? I was thinking maybe the Petit New Standards. Regular New Standards are to baggy.
In my opinion, they look good now, which means they're too big.post #12110 of 134179/18/13 at 10:11pmpost #12111 of 134179/18/13 at 10:15pmpost #12112 of 134179/18/13 at 10:18pmpost #12113 of 134179/18/13 at 10:22pm
I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me that can help ..
I'm a bit on the hefty side lol, I have a 36 waist and im not that tall(5'7-5'8ish) but i like my pant/denim to stack. I tried a new standard size 35 and I felt they were too baggy width wise. I like my pant slim/skinny through the leg and around the ankle as well. Should I try the Petite standard which biggest size is 34 ? Or the Petite New standard ? what's the difference?
Thanks in advance.post #12114 of 134179/20/13 at 2:42amQuote:
Don't forget that as much as they will stretch, the time will come when you will have to wash them and they may even shrink a little. If you're going for a classic slim fit, I'd say keep them, the thighs look okay and they typically don't stretch a lot. Those stacks look awful for your stature though imopost #12115 of 134179/20/13 at 6:39ameveryone has different taste on what is painted on and what is not the only thing that can be definitely said about that fit pic is it only looks terrible as it is because it needs about 3" maybe 2.5" hemmed off.
also a new fit always looks like that once its broken in about 4 months of daily wear it will usually look a lot better. my opinion is if he sized down anymore his thighs would look painted on but some people insist/go for that walking around looking fabulous look. i know these days its better not to try to talk them out of it but insist on them going that direction too.
that being said size down 2 more for intended goal.post #12116 of 134179/20/13 at 9:30am
PNS size 31 (sized down 1) arrived today. Don't know why the pic came out sideways after upload... Any thoughts? Tempted to size down one further, but would be happy for these to stretch out into a less skinny and more slim look with a belt being worn.
Also my right leg in the picture looks a bit funny with the stacking but that's sorted itself out now and looks like the left.
(PS: Ignore the colourful pony's and the background décor, I'm visiting home for the weekend and my sisters room is the only one with a decent mirror!)post #12117 of 134179/20/13 at 10:55ampost #12118 of 134179/20/13 at 12:47pmlooks good. They're slim straight and have some nice stacking that'll settle down. if you don't want them painted on and they're relatively slim/snug now, then they'll stretch out to be comfortable later. If you want them to end up being snug, then you'd have to start with them tight like a tigerpost #12119 of 134179/20/13 at 7:38pmso i noticed my ps have a slight leg twist on the right legging
is that common?
dumb question, but will the twisting become more exaggerated as i wear them?
'nother dumb question, but is there anything i can do about it?
it's minor, so if it just stays as is, i won't mind too much, but if it's only bound to get worse, i don't know...
(cross-post from jean newbie thread)post #12120 of 134179/21/13 at 7:07amembrace it most denim will have a slight leg twist. if your lucky when it softens up it might straighten itself out. although i don't recommend washing it repeatedly to just try to rid yourself of leg twist.
i'd like to note most people probably wouldn't even notice it unless they where literally checking out your denim.
i know you don't like to hem but hemming it would lessen the look of the leg twist most of the time.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Help me understand my color choices 54 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Borrelli, Barba, Attolini, Burberry, Acquascutum ties 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...