Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 805post #12061 of 134218/29/13 at 2:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12062 of 134218/29/13 at 6:09am
Oh are they? I thought if I had them on any lower, when I sit down you'll see everything from behind :O
Plus I'm short and have big thighs, so low rise doesn't really look great on me.
How should I wear them instead?post #12063 of 134218/29/13 at 6:30ampost #12064 of 134218/29/13 at 6:44ampost #12065 of 134218/29/13 at 7:33amQuote:
I heard they have. Like suggested, I did try on a 29 New Standard but they weren't as slim as the other cuts. They felt a big baggy, it could perhaps balance the overall look a bit more but last time I tried it on my legs just look like tree stumps. I'll take a picture when I go try them again soon.post #12066 of 134218/29/13 at 7:46amin the end its your choice man since its your money it was just my advice i'm probably a lot slimmer than you and most likely the same height but here is the lower leg of my apc new standard size 27 i believe fairly new.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/58635#post_6561927post #12067 of 134218/29/13 at 9:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I heard they have. Like suggested, I did try on a 29 New Standard but they weren't as slim as the other cuts. They felt a big baggy, it could perhaps balance the overall look a bit more but last time I tried it on my legs just look like tree stumps. I'll take a picture when I go try them again soon.
I had the same problem...but I buy the NS and bring em to a tailor to have them tapered..cost 20$ it's worth it imo!post #12068 of 134218/31/13 at 3:42pmpost #12069 of 134218/31/13 at 10:54pmpost #12070 of 134218/31/13 at 11:21pmpost #12071 of 134219/1/13 at 3:21pmpost #12072 of 134219/2/13 at 7:32pmpost #12073 of 134219/2/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
if they're new and big in the waist, you def wanna size down. they're going to stretch out over timepost #12074 of 134219/2/13 at 9:39pm
I'm thinking of buying a pair of Petit Standards. I like a tighter fit. But not skin tight. My waist size is usually between a 29 and 30. I tried on a pair of 28's and while the jeans were tight I was able to button up all the buttons without too much trouble. Should I be opting for the 27's instead?post #12075 of 134219/3/13 at 4:34am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 22 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.