Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/2/15 at 11:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 782post #11716 of 131404/19/13 at 1:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11717 of 131404/19/13 at 1:44pmpost #11718 of 131404/19/13 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Nordstrom's return policy is the most easily exploitable thing on the planet. Essentially no questions asked, no time limit
Once read a story about a woman who attempted to return bald tires to Nordstrom: despite them never having sold auto parts in the history of their company, the woman swore that she had bought them from there. They accomodated her, and accepted a return, refunding her her money.
Probably hyperbole, but not far off based on other things I've seen while there.
That is actually a true story! It was an old man who bought tires from the physical location years ago. Nordstrom took over the store and honored the return.post #11719 of 131404/19/13 at 2:00pm
Yup, LOL. Jeans the the absolute WORST thing for me to buy. I have owned tons of different brands and I was hoping that raw denim was the answer to my larger than life ass and child-bearing hips (joking but serious too, haha). It is always the same thing. Either the waist is perfect and the top block is way too tight, or the top block is fitted and the waist has a gap. And I try to stay away from tapered jeans because while I am actively in the gym, my calves usually measure a little over 17". It looks ridiculous.post #11720 of 131404/19/13 at 2:19pmpost #11721 of 131404/19/13 at 5:04pmpost #11722 of 131404/19/13 at 5:28pmpost #11723 of 131404/19/13 at 5:48pmpost #11724 of 131404/19/13 at 5:57pmpost #11725 of 131404/19/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
They look fine. Trust me, when I first bought mine I had the same problems.. with wear they will loosen up especially after your first wash.post #11726 of 131404/19/13 at 9:02pmpost #11727 of 131404/19/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Looking at the measurements and images on contextclothing make me think something like the new cure would only make my problem worse. Especially if I stay with a 31 considering that 1" shorter rise.Quote:
Those were the new tagged 32 NS... Take a look at the first set of photos I posted. Those are 4 day worn tagged 31 NS. The 32s fit perfect in the waist and are about as snug as the 31s were on the 3rd day.post #11728 of 131404/19/13 at 9:18pmpost #11729 of 131404/22/13 at 5:40pm
I'm about to give my new standards a first wash and am a bit nervous about inseam shrinkage. I mistakenly hemmed them a bit too short. They're fine right now but I can't afford having them shrink at all. I'm planning to wash and rinse in cold water then stretch the inseam out by hand before hanging dry. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Can you share your method and results?post #11730 of 131404/22/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hill
I'm about to give my new standards a first wash and am a bit nervous about inseam shrinkage. I mistakenly hemmed them a bit too short. They're fine right now but I can't afford having them shrink at all. I'm planning to wash and rinse in cold water then stretch the inseam out by hand before hanging dry. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Can you share your method and results?
heat is what causes stuff to shrink, not water. keep them away from the dryer and do a cold wash and you should be fine
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 43 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › FS: New Meermin Black Wholecuts 101332 - UK Size 10 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana Linen Dress Shirt - Size 16 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...