Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 768post #11507 of 136013/5/13 at 11:43pmpost #11508 of 136013/6/13 at 1:31ampost #11509 of 136013/6/13 at 11:32ampost #11510 of 136013/6/13 at 11:45amQuote:
I think it might have been left overs from a long time ago, since there's like almost no one who buys sizes that smallpost #11511 of 136013/6/13 at 6:19pmpost #11512 of 136013/6/13 at 7:26pmpost #11513 of 136013/7/13 at 1:25pmpost #11514 of 136013/8/13 at 2:50ampost #11515 of 136013/9/13 at 2:07ampost #11516 of 136013/10/13 at 6:07ampost #11517 of 136013/10/13 at 9:47ampost #11518 of 136013/10/13 at 2:43pm
This guide is pretty good: http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/03/how-to-wash-and-clean-your-raw-denim-tips-instructions-video/post #11519 of 136013/11/13 at 12:01am
Got these in late Dec, just about 10 or 11 weeks ago now. Sized down just under 2, got 31, my waist is nearly 33 (1/8 shy), wanted a classic fit instead of more fitted like the last pair of NS I had, which have basically fallen apart by now. I think I did pretty damn good on getting the fit I wanted, and virtually no stretching has occurred other than in the waist. The knees have slight ripple but are still nearly flat when laid out, shouldn't change either, I feel like 10 weeks would have caused them to stretch all they will.
I just wish the waist/crotch was about a half inch smaller through out, nothing my belt and proper adjustment on my waist doesn't fix though.
Also I'm only turning 19 next month so I'm still filling out and have room to gain some weight (~6'3" and ~150-160 lbs, want to get to ~175, starting workout plan soon). My dad said he was the same way and we're basically the same height now but he's a fit 210 lbs or so, it'll happen soon enough, he had a second growth spurt after high school so maybe I will too, my metabolism will undoubtedly drop off some in the next few years as well.
Day 1 - Have since dropped them from 3 cuffs seen here, to single cuffs, seen below, now that the bottom half has softened up more.
Top pic below is from yesterday, bottom 2 from about a week ago.
Creases are pretty much set in denim (lol), if you will, by now. Only light fading I can see so far is the whiskers right by my crotch, almost directly underneath. Used to cuff them more because I didn't like how the hem fell on my shoes, but they've broken in nicely and I'm liking them more and more the further along I get. Also thrilled with the minimal stretching they've sustained due to the classic fit and not being so tight against my legs.
Highly anticipating when time to wash rolls around, watching denim age is awesome. This is my 3rd pair of raws, have some Nudie Grim Tim's that are still alive a kicking, much life left and indigo to lose still, got them in Sep. 2011.post #11520 of 136013/11/13 at 12:31am
Here's my old APCs that are destroyed now, got these at the end of 2009 in late Dec. when I was 15 years old, first pair of raw jawnz, I love these things, more comfortable than any sweatpants imaginable. Tagged 28s and they've grown with me over the years and still fit my 33 inch waist today. The ass region has pretty much deteriorated due to me growing, wearing them thin and a harsh fall on asphalt riding a mountain board down a steep ass hill going 25-30 mph. Other than the back yoke and pockets they're in great shape but I don't wear them very often any more, just went I'm feeling nostalgic or want a destroyed look, I should probably do some repairs to bring them back, just need to get them from home and bring them to school with me, spring break is soon.
A user on Sufu (swissjeansfreak) is the proprietor of a jeans museum in Switzerland and he has over 5000 pairs of jeans I think he said, and he asked if I would donate these to his collection, I told him no and explained that these jeans are a part of my adolescence and they aren't going anywhere and I plan to hang on to them forever.
He understood of course, and he also told me that these are some of the best fades on a pair of APCs he's ever seen to date.
Quote: Copy & Pasted from the message he sent me.For that case, the Jeansmuseum offers a safe place to give your beloved retired raw denim stuff an eternal life. And your pants are one of the best faded APC jeans I have seen over a long time. They also have just the perfect and authentic wear and fading patterns worn in the right way and perfect fit, which I can clearly see on those pants. That's the reason I wrote you to keep them alive, because they are an incredible sample for all current and new raw denim heads.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's handled more used pairs than this guy, that's just one mans opinion but I'd say it definitely holds some weight, as this one man has definitely seen some jawnz in his time and knows what the fuck he's talking about.
Here's a link he sent me to his site, it's pretty shitty and all foreign but there's some pictures http://www.jeansmuseum.org. Here's a blog post about it with some good pictures/info http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/08/ultimate-denim-collection-the-jeans-museum/ I'm sure tons of bloggers have made a visit to this place as well if you wanted to see more.
Can't wait to get these back into a condition worthy of regular wear, never really considered it until now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it happen. I wish I had some better pictures but these are all I've got on my computer, will post more in a few weeks when I retrieve them from home.
Top 2 were taken in Dec. 2012 over winter break, 2nd pic is new ones next to old.
Took these in Sept 2011 when I started to stray away from them as I had just got my Nudies.
This is how destroyed they were BEFORE I slid a good 5 feet across some concrete in them, which happens to be a quite unforgiving experience for any garments you happen to be wearing, ripped thought my sweat shirt I had on over a hoody and ripped a hole in the hoody too, probably was the hardest fall I've ever taken in my life.
Saw this earlier, thought it was interesting, they claim just about everything commonly heard about raw denim to be bullshit/unnecessary.
The two guys in the video seem like credible sources too as a founder and co-founder of highly respected denim brands. Regardless what you decide to do, one thing you should do is just not worry about it too much, you've already got a year in them, you don't have anything to worry about really, it'll be fine.
Embedding won't happen, sorry. http://vimeo.com/56727014
Edited by bargerhm - 3/11/13 at 12:43am
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Cigars 27 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 20 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 22 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway