Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 5/23/15 at 1:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 765
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11462 of 131042/28/13 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by hennree
Just got my first pair of APC's, went for the Petit Standard. I normally wear 30"-31" waist jeans so went for the 29" tagged size.
Do you guys think these fit okay? I can get them buttoned up okay and they're tight (struggle to get hands in pockets) but comfortable.
I was after a fit like these;
They look skinnier to me. Do you guys think I should size down one more to achieve that look? or am I ok?
These look great. You mind posting the exact flat thigh measurement 1'' below the crotch (measured edge to edge and not seam to seam)?post #11463 of 131042/28/13 at 1:38pmpost #11464 of 131042/28/13 at 4:09pmpost #11465 of 131042/28/13 at 5:54pmpost #11466 of 131042/28/13 at 7:10pm
I need some help with the sizing problem of petit standard. I tried on both size 24 & 25 at the local store.
I can button up all the way in size 25 which feels tight enough. However the salesperson said that its too big and gave me a smaller size.
I tried the size 24, but i can't seem to get my ankle through the leg openings.
Which size should i get? I am a size 26-27 in nudie thin finn.
Any help will be great. Thanks you!post #11467 of 131043/1/13 at 12:27amQuote:Originally Posted by max_r
When I washed my new standards they shrunk back to their original size and stretched back out to fit me pretty quickly, only permanent change is the length, and thats a minor change anyway.
Tailoring them is fine, its probably easiest to do it from the selvedge line on the outseam if you dont mind altering the width of the selvedge line. I had some Petit standards a while back that were too tight in the calf, so I let them out about 1/4" from there. You wont ruin the integrity or anything. Infact, if you can sew a straight line and have a sewing machine that can handle denim, you could probably do it yourself no problem.
You were pretty much right on with your predictions. Thanks again. The 30" rescues I bought came in the mail today. The initial fit looked a little baggy, waist was more like a 33" but perfect length. I am a 32" normally. I did a quick delicate cycle wash w cold water and tumble dry ultra delicate. They turned out great. They lost about two inches on the waist that stretched over the course of the night to a perfect 32. You were right about the color. They definitely didn't fade, but lost that dark magic that comes on new apcs. They are a little more blue-jean ish now, which is the only thing I'm bummed about. Major changes on the length and width of the legs though. I would venture to say they lost a full inch on each knee and thigh, and a conservative TWO INCHES on the length. Making them perfect length without the trademark selvedge roll. Which I'm ok with. Overall very satisfied with the purchase, seeing as I spent $70 shipped on a pair of new with tags apcs that they don't make any more. For big thighed guys - apc rescues are for you, though I wouldn't recommend drying if you want to cuff the bottoms. . They fit perfect, snug but with room to move in. Thanks again for the advice @max_rpost #11468 of 131043/1/13 at 12:32ampost #11469 of 131043/1/13 at 1:37amQuote:
That was my concern. After reading a lot of this thread and seeing how much the waist will stretch, I was worried the 29"s were a bit too easy to get on. They might be fine, but I thought I may as well give the 28" a go...post #11470 of 131043/1/13 at 1:38ampost #11471 of 131043/1/13 at 5:14amQuote:Quote:
sure, but the thighs should generally be the first thing to match. i think a size down from the 29s (at least from what i could make out in your fit pics) is going to be too tight. imo, if your dead set on a certain cut of jeans, the thighs should always be the first measurement you look at.post #11472 of 131043/1/13 at 5:34ampost #11473 of 131043/1/13 at 5:42ampost #11474 of 131043/1/13 at 8:25ampost #11475 of 131043/1/13 at 8:28amQuote:
tresbien. $175 minus 20% VAT, assuming you're not in europe
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan