Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 765post #11462 of 136142/28/13 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by hennree
Just got my first pair of APC's, went for the Petit Standard. I normally wear 30"-31" waist jeans so went for the 29" tagged size.
Do you guys think these fit okay? I can get them buttoned up okay and they're tight (struggle to get hands in pockets) but comfortable.
I was after a fit like these;
They look skinnier to me. Do you guys think I should size down one more to achieve that look? or am I ok?
These look great. You mind posting the exact flat thigh measurement 1'' below the crotch (measured edge to edge and not seam to seam)?post #11463 of 136142/28/13 at 1:38pmpost #11464 of 136142/28/13 at 4:09pmpost #11465 of 136142/28/13 at 5:54pmpost #11466 of 136142/28/13 at 7:10pm
I need some help with the sizing problem of petit standard. I tried on both size 24 & 25 at the local store.
I can button up all the way in size 25 which feels tight enough. However the salesperson said that its too big and gave me a smaller size.
I tried the size 24, but i can't seem to get my ankle through the leg openings.
Which size should i get? I am a size 26-27 in nudie thin finn.
Any help will be great. Thanks you!post #11467 of 136143/1/13 at 12:27amQuote:Originally Posted by max_r
When I washed my new standards they shrunk back to their original size and stretched back out to fit me pretty quickly, only permanent change is the length, and thats a minor change anyway.
Tailoring them is fine, its probably easiest to do it from the selvedge line on the outseam if you dont mind altering the width of the selvedge line. I had some Petit standards a while back that were too tight in the calf, so I let them out about 1/4" from there. You wont ruin the integrity or anything. Infact, if you can sew a straight line and have a sewing machine that can handle denim, you could probably do it yourself no problem.
You were pretty much right on with your predictions. Thanks again. The 30" rescues I bought came in the mail today. The initial fit looked a little baggy, waist was more like a 33" but perfect length. I am a 32" normally. I did a quick delicate cycle wash w cold water and tumble dry ultra delicate. They turned out great. They lost about two inches on the waist that stretched over the course of the night to a perfect 32. You were right about the color. They definitely didn't fade, but lost that dark magic that comes on new apcs. They are a little more blue-jean ish now, which is the only thing I'm bummed about. Major changes on the length and width of the legs though. I would venture to say they lost a full inch on each knee and thigh, and a conservative TWO INCHES on the length. Making them perfect length without the trademark selvedge roll. Which I'm ok with. Overall very satisfied with the purchase, seeing as I spent $70 shipped on a pair of new with tags apcs that they don't make any more. For big thighed guys - apc rescues are for you, though I wouldn't recommend drying if you want to cuff the bottoms. . They fit perfect, snug but with room to move in. Thanks again for the advice @max_rpost #11468 of 136143/1/13 at 12:32ampost #11469 of 136143/1/13 at 1:37amQuote:
That was my concern. After reading a lot of this thread and seeing how much the waist will stretch, I was worried the 29"s were a bit too easy to get on. They might be fine, but I thought I may as well give the 28" a go...post #11470 of 136143/1/13 at 1:38ampost #11471 of 136143/1/13 at 5:14amQuote:Quote:
sure, but the thighs should generally be the first thing to match. i think a size down from the 29s (at least from what i could make out in your fit pics) is going to be too tight. imo, if your dead set on a certain cut of jeans, the thighs should always be the first measurement you look at.post #11472 of 136143/1/13 at 5:34ampost #11473 of 136143/1/13 at 5:42ampost #11474 of 136143/1/13 at 8:25ampost #11475 of 136143/1/13 at 8:28amQuote:
tresbien. $175 minus 20% VAT, assuming you're not in europe
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 1 second ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...