it stretches anywhere there is tension
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 760post #11386 of 134202/5/13 at 9:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11387 of 134202/5/13 at 11:43pmQuote:
Dude to be honest, I think you should just get regular sized PS... They will fit a lot better than the NS's you are currently wearing and if you dislike the stacks just take it to the tailor but I'm not sure if you'll like the Rescues. It's all about the fit, if you're more of the loose guy go with the rescues but I think the PS's will look good on you if you size it right.post #11388 of 134202/6/13 at 2:40ampost #11389 of 134202/6/13 at 4:13amHas anyone had experience with APC Cures (ie. old cures)? (not to be confused with new cures)
Seems like they only sell em at the apc online store
Anyone know how they differ from the other fits?
I have APC NS in size 25
PS in 26
NC in 26
Reckon I should jsut stick with a size 26 if I were to get the cures?
I terms of sizing with my current jeans I think I couldve sized down to a 25 with the NC but PS in a 25 are too tight and with NS i can fit either a 25 or 24post #11390 of 134202/6/13 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Dapp
@chakmak, I'm gonna have to disagree with Vaio, at least in my own case. When I got my NS, I couldn't button the top button because I couldn't get them high enough up my thighs, so I was essentially trying to button around my hips. As a result, I did get a fair amount of stretch in the thighs, so that now they're perfect. I literally couldn't bend my leg past about 45 degrees in front of me because they were so tight. But I got enough stretch everywhere that, like I said, they're perfect. But that's just my case (big thighs, etc.)
Yeah I might just tough it out and see what happens. Curious though, you say they stretched to eventually fit perfectly. Since fit is pretty subjective, can you describe how they ended up fitting in the thigh?post #11391 of 134202/6/13 at 7:41pmpost #11392 of 134202/7/13 at 11:30ampost #11393 of 134202/8/13 at 6:21pmpost #11394 of 134202/8/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
yah i think you should tough it out. if these are your first pair of apcs you should wear them for a while and see what happens. there's no science behind the fit. everyone has different bodies and everyone has different fits. with that said, im on my 3rd pair of apcs and for me i size down 3 rather than 1. the thighs are definitely tight starting off (skin tight) but they do loosen up.post #11395 of 134202/9/13 at 2:02pmQuote:
Thats good to know. My APC is tight on the thighs and I was thinking about selling them because of that. After they're stretched out wouldn't they shrink back when you wash them?post #11396 of 134202/9/13 at 2:49pmpost #11397 of 134202/10/13 at 8:02pmJust ordered a pair of New standard black denim from tres bien: http://shop.tres-bien.com/brand/apc/new-standard-black-denim-1
Anyone know if these are still made in Japan and do they fit the same as the indigo NS?post #11398 of 134202/13/13 at 10:56pmpost #11399 of 134202/13/13 at 11:09pmpost #11400 of 134202/14/13 at 2:46am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 6 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...