Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 756post #11327 of 134761/21/13 at 2:54pmpost #11328 of 134761/22/13 at 11:20ampost #11329 of 134761/22/13 at 11:54amQuote:
Porter is so hit & miss with sizing. I was just reading a editor's description of an item that was all about how it's skinny and sleek, and then in the measurements section they're like, "designed to be worn loose."
Best to check measurement questions here, but you can always return easy with Porter. What do you usually wear in other brands?post #11330 of 134761/22/13 at 12:15pmThanks Grotius. I know Mr. Porter has easy returns so I was planning on getting a couple pairs at least to find the right fit, but wanted to narrow it down so I didn't have to try a bunch of sizes. I'm normally a 32" waist. So I was planning on getting a pair of 30" and 31". I have an athletic build with slighty bulky legs. 5'11" 175. Looking for slimmer fit but not skinny.
Calves - 16"
Thighs - 24"
Edited by chakmak - 1/23/13 at 10:28ampost #11331 of 134761/24/13 at 7:37pm
APC New Standard corduroy in dark navy turned up today.
Don't know why I thought a 34 would fit me. Way too big but no 32 in stock.
Let me know if anyone's keen before I send them back to TBS. Sent.
Found the 32 at WW though on sale.
Just a little unsure about how baggy the legs seemed to be when I tried on the 34's.
New Standards just might be too straight/loose for my liking.
Edited by elisiX - 1/25/13 at 12:05ampost #11332 of 134761/25/13 at 1:25amQuote:
The quality is quite good, especially outerwear and sweaters. The only items I might be a little wary of are their suitings, if only because I think you could do better from a maker that specializes in suits. (I have only handled the suit separates in the store)
Yes, APC is pricey at retail, esp. since a lot of it is now made in countries with low labor costs. However, that does not mean the quality is bad. I wouldn't necessarily call APC a "fashion" brand as I would OC -- it is sort of unique in that the designs are very basic but the overall concept, if you buy into is, is fashion, if that makes any sense.
I live in Paris so have a choice of 2 outlet stores plus first crack at the biannual soldes (French national sales period, in Jan and July), so I have actually never bought anything at retail. I find their regular pants to be a pretty decent deal on sale, provided you can fit into their Small/Medium/Large sizing...in fact I'm going down to the APC outlet on Rue Madame today to look for a pair of navy cotton trousers.post #11333 of 134761/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #11334 of 134761/27/13 at 10:13ampost #11335 of 134761/27/13 at 10:32ampost #11336 of 134761/27/13 at 5:50pm
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.post #11337 of 134761/27/13 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by digga
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.
hmm i have both. NS definitely have a smaller rise than WGs. they might feel roomier, but if you compare the rise directly, the new standard is a lower rise than ns
but i do agree that NS are more comfortable.post #11338 of 134761/27/13 at 7:30pmpost #11339 of 134761/28/13 at 12:35am
I just got my new standards hemmed and think I went a bit too short. They are a little more than a half inch from touching the floor behind my heel when I stand barefoot. Has anyone tried stretching them lengthwise? If so how did you stretch them and did you have any luck?
I'm a little nervous because I've read that they will shrink a half inch after washing or soaking. I haven't washed or soaked them yet and have only had them for a month.
Thanks.post #11340 of 134761/28/13 at 4:23am
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Things you just don't get 44 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW IN BOX FRATELLI BORGIOLI BLACK CALF WINGTIP HANDMADE IN ITALY... 16 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts