Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 756post #11327 of 135891/21/13 at 2:54pmpost #11328 of 135891/22/13 at 11:20ampost #11329 of 135891/22/13 at 11:54amQuote:
Porter is so hit & miss with sizing. I was just reading a editor's description of an item that was all about how it's skinny and sleek, and then in the measurements section they're like, "designed to be worn loose."
Best to check measurement questions here, but you can always return easy with Porter. What do you usually wear in other brands?post #11330 of 135891/22/13 at 12:15pmThanks Grotius. I know Mr. Porter has easy returns so I was planning on getting a couple pairs at least to find the right fit, but wanted to narrow it down so I didn't have to try a bunch of sizes. I'm normally a 32" waist. So I was planning on getting a pair of 30" and 31". I have an athletic build with slighty bulky legs. 5'11" 175. Looking for slimmer fit but not skinny.
Calves - 16"
Thighs - 24"
Edited by chakmak - 1/23/13 at 10:28ampost #11331 of 135891/24/13 at 7:37pm
APC New Standard corduroy in dark navy turned up today.
Don't know why I thought a 34 would fit me. Way too big but no 32 in stock.
Let me know if anyone's keen before I send them back to TBS. Sent.
Found the 32 at WW though on sale.
Just a little unsure about how baggy the legs seemed to be when I tried on the 34's.
New Standards just might be too straight/loose for my liking.
Edited by elisiX - 1/25/13 at 12:05ampost #11332 of 135891/25/13 at 1:25amQuote:
The quality is quite good, especially outerwear and sweaters. The only items I might be a little wary of are their suitings, if only because I think you could do better from a maker that specializes in suits. (I have only handled the suit separates in the store)
Yes, APC is pricey at retail, esp. since a lot of it is now made in countries with low labor costs. However, that does not mean the quality is bad. I wouldn't necessarily call APC a "fashion" brand as I would OC -- it is sort of unique in that the designs are very basic but the overall concept, if you buy into is, is fashion, if that makes any sense.
I live in Paris so have a choice of 2 outlet stores plus first crack at the biannual soldes (French national sales period, in Jan and July), so I have actually never bought anything at retail. I find their regular pants to be a pretty decent deal on sale, provided you can fit into their Small/Medium/Large sizing...in fact I'm going down to the APC outlet on Rue Madame today to look for a pair of navy cotton trousers.post #11333 of 135891/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #11334 of 135891/27/13 at 10:13ampost #11335 of 135891/27/13 at 10:32ampost #11336 of 135891/27/13 at 5:50pm
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.post #11337 of 135891/27/13 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by digga
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.
hmm i have both. NS definitely have a smaller rise than WGs. they might feel roomier, but if you compare the rise directly, the new standard is a lower rise than ns
but i do agree that NS are more comfortable.post #11338 of 135891/27/13 at 7:30pmpost #11339 of 135891/28/13 at 12:35am
I just got my new standards hemmed and think I went a bit too short. They are a little more than a half inch from touching the floor behind my heel when I stand barefoot. Has anyone tried stretching them lengthwise? If so how did you stretch them and did you have any luck?
I'm a little nervous because I've read that they will shrink a half inch after washing or soaking. I haven't washed or soaked them yet and have only had them for a month.
Thanks.post #11340 of 135891/28/13 at 4:23am
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Fashion Week Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Walnut 5th Avenue in 97 last 31 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWOT Sartoria Partenopea Navy Solid Double Breasted... 37 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...