Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/30/15 at 6:51pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 756
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11327 of 131641/21/13 at 2:54pmpost #11328 of 131641/22/13 at 11:20ampost #11329 of 131641/22/13 at 11:54amQuote:
Porter is so hit & miss with sizing. I was just reading a editor's description of an item that was all about how it's skinny and sleek, and then in the measurements section they're like, "designed to be worn loose."
Best to check measurement questions here, but you can always return easy with Porter. What do you usually wear in other brands?post #11330 of 131641/22/13 at 12:15pmThanks Grotius. I know Mr. Porter has easy returns so I was planning on getting a couple pairs at least to find the right fit, but wanted to narrow it down so I didn't have to try a bunch of sizes. I'm normally a 32" waist. So I was planning on getting a pair of 30" and 31". I have an athletic build with slighty bulky legs. 5'11" 175. Looking for slimmer fit but not skinny.
Calves - 16"
Thighs - 24"
Edited by chakmak - 1/23/13 at 10:28ampost #11331 of 131641/24/13 at 7:37pm
APC New Standard corduroy in dark navy turned up today.
Don't know why I thought a 34 would fit me. Way too big but no 32 in stock.
Let me know if anyone's keen before I send them back to TBS. Sent.
Found the 32 at WW though on sale.
Just a little unsure about how baggy the legs seemed to be when I tried on the 34's.
New Standards just might be too straight/loose for my liking.
Edited by elisiX - 1/25/13 at 12:05ampost #11332 of 131641/25/13 at 1:25amQuote:
The quality is quite good, especially outerwear and sweaters. The only items I might be a little wary of are their suitings, if only because I think you could do better from a maker that specializes in suits. (I have only handled the suit separates in the store)
Yes, APC is pricey at retail, esp. since a lot of it is now made in countries with low labor costs. However, that does not mean the quality is bad. I wouldn't necessarily call APC a "fashion" brand as I would OC -- it is sort of unique in that the designs are very basic but the overall concept, if you buy into is, is fashion, if that makes any sense.
I live in Paris so have a choice of 2 outlet stores plus first crack at the biannual soldes (French national sales period, in Jan and July), so I have actually never bought anything at retail. I find their regular pants to be a pretty decent deal on sale, provided you can fit into their Small/Medium/Large sizing...in fact I'm going down to the APC outlet on Rue Madame today to look for a pair of navy cotton trousers.post #11333 of 131641/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #11334 of 131641/27/13 at 10:13ampost #11335 of 131641/27/13 at 10:32ampost #11336 of 131641/27/13 at 5:50pm
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.post #11337 of 131641/27/13 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by digga
No, it's not. The New Standard has a lot more wiener room.
I sized down one from my Weird guy size and was happy with the fit. If the black ones stretch as much as the regular ones you would probably either want a 30 or a 29, but it would probably be good to try them on first. If you're looking for more room, the 30 would probably be a safe bet.
hmm i have both. NS definitely have a smaller rise than WGs. they might feel roomier, but if you compare the rise directly, the new standard is a lower rise than ns
but i do agree that NS are more comfortable.post #11338 of 131641/27/13 at 7:30pmpost #11339 of 131641/28/13 at 12:35am
I just got my new standards hemmed and think I went a bit too short. They are a little more than a half inch from touching the floor behind my heel when I stand barefoot. Has anyone tried stretching them lengthwise? If so how did you stretch them and did you have any luck?
I'm a little nervous because I've read that they will shrink a half inch after washing or soaking. I haven't washed or soaked them yet and have only had them for a month.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 20 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...