When did you buy them? I heard price goes up $10 every year
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 754
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11297 of 134171/12/13 at 2:11pmSo I picked up a pair of APC NS 29. The thighs and crotch are really tight; there's a white line running down the thighs from the outseam separating a bit. Will this eventually go away with some thigh (and hopefully crotch) stretch, or is this a sign that I should size up. Not looking for a skinny fit, just slim (between 511 and 514?).
Edit: Included photos.
The white line can be seen in the side view.
I feel like I have wedgie when I walk.
Edited by ohharro - 1/12/13 at 8:26pmpost #11298 of 134171/12/13 at 9:47pmpost #11299 of 134171/12/13 at 9:56pmpost #11300 of 134171/12/13 at 10:14pmpost #11301 of 134171/12/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by matryx
Found some APC black new standard for $70 a good deal? http://store.nomadshop.net/collections/denim/products/apc-nsodblk
Says they are over dye so are the raw denims that fade when you wash them?
They're showing up as CAD220?
But if they are really $70 then is an amazing deal.post #11302 of 134171/12/13 at 10:40pmpost #11303 of 134171/12/13 at 10:57pmpost #11304 of 134171/12/13 at 11:38pmpost #11305 of 134171/13/13 at 1:04amQuote:
He was probably talking about the guy that posted pics of his jeans, straight out of the bag...not fit pics. Yours look fine...they will stretch out a lot so just wear them and go live life and forget about them.post #11306 of 134171/13/13 at 2:58ampost #11307 of 134171/13/13 at 5:51ampost #11308 of 134171/13/13 at 6:19am^^ Fair enough, but here it's a compounded thing where the price will jump at a more-than-inflation-like rate in one season. To wit, the first pair I ever bought was a ns at retail for $110. The very next year I bought a pair of cures. Again this was like ten years ago, before apc had a webstore in the us. When the girl on the phone told me my total I mentioned paying just over a bill for the ns. She gave me something about it being a long time coming, that they'd been meaning to adjust the price for a while. Fine I thought, the denim is still a great value. Within the same year after ordering my cures they were up to $165. That's not inflation. That's a business capitalizing on the demand of a product. The rest of their line does not price hike like their denim does. Add to that their quality is hit or miss (outerwear and knits used to be made in italy and france, now they've slipped china into the mix).
I still love the atelier but now I kop strictly on sale or off b&s.
Which reminds me, who out there has this season's camel moto. Is it as slim fitting as I hear it is?post #11309 of 134171/13/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
Just got back from my trip and yeah they were $75 for the APC raw denims. I would have picked up a blue one but they didn't have my size so I picked up a pair of APC new standard in size 31. I usually wear size 33. Glad I went to the store and tried them on. I also picked up a pair of N&F Slim guy dirty fade in size 31 for $73. Great deal. Bought three pairs of raw denims this month and I just found out about them. Now I got three pairs to break in.
Just wondering should I be soaking these in hot water before getting them hemmed?post #11310 of 134171/13/13 at 7:58pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 995 Active Users (161 Members and 834 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Calzoleria Riccardo Borella - handmade shoes and bags 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...