My waist size is around 30 inches
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 5/23/15 at 1:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 750
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11237 of 1310412/29/12 at 8:36amJust picked up a pair of rescues in 30 (sizing down two from my normal waist), thinking they would be perfect for muscular thighs. The waist is slightly snug, and I have no issue buttoning up the top button. The problem is the thigh. They are very confining, and in order to compensate for that, I wear the jeans lower on my hip to give some extra room. The problem with this is that wearing them on my hip will most likely stretch out the waist to a greater extent and force me to cuff them even more than I am doing (since they are lower on my obody). I really want these jeans to work. What are your suggestions?
I am wondering:
Should I size up 1 to accommodate the thighs and then worry about stretching in the waist region by wearing a belt with them?
How much thigh stretching (actual quantity) usually occurs with wearing these jeans?
Edited by Treaty of Versailles - 12/29/12 at 9:00ampost #11238 of 1310412/30/12 at 2:24amWhere is the cheapest that I can buy them and ship to the States for? Really don't want to pay $175 for these, seems overpriced. Azalea is $140 with a 20% off coupon code which is about the right price but they don't carry the size I need. Anyone find something in that range?
FYI I wear a sz 30 and take a 29. 28 doesn't work for me, I can't button the top two buttons. I used to own a pair of APC NS in 28 hoping they would stretch enough and they never did. I am 6'0", 160 lbs. On the flip side, I owned a pair of APC in some other cut in size 30 and they literally would fall off of me. Hoping 29 would finally do it for an otherwise amazing pair of jeans. I would strongly advise against automatically going for two sizes down based on internet advice and trying it on yourself.
Edited by svelten - 12/30/12 at 3:06ampost #11239 of 1310412/30/12 at 2:27ampost #11240 of 1310412/30/12 at 3:06ampost #11241 of 1310412/30/12 at 5:36ampost #11242 of 1310412/30/12 at 9:36amIs new standard or petit standard better for a certain body build or type? I am 5 foot 7 and weigh about 125 lbs so pretty small. I bike so my legs arent big but they are not twigs and not exactly skinny. My actual waist is usually a 29. I plan to cuff my pair, I'm thinking I will have to hem.
Any idea on what size to get for each cut and which cut might look better on me?post #11243 of 1310412/30/12 at 11:27amQuote:
Any idea when the last time that sale was, and has it been fairly consistent in timing?post #11244 of 1310412/30/12 at 7:04pmpost #11245 of 1310412/30/12 at 7:37pmQuote:
They announce coupon codes on their twitter and facebook accounts. I can't remember when they last announced them though. I do know they did one in the last winter last year.post #11246 of 1310412/30/12 at 9:36pmpost #11247 of 1310412/31/12 at 12:34ampost #11248 of 1310412/31/12 at 2:15am
Keep checking man, you won't be able to find a decent deal if you have no patience. Considering how eager you are to get them (judging by your posts in Sales alert and this thread) you might as well pay retail -10% buying from the affiliate at needsupply. I've been looking for a decent deal on them well over 2 or 3 weeks and it's yet to come in my size. Be patient, the deal will come!post #11249 of 1310412/31/12 at 7:19amI'd recommend just buying from ns or somewhere with a return policy now instead of waiting for a deal, which are pretty infrequent and may not come with easy returns. Waiting a month or more, still risking being beat to the deal, and not guaranteeing proper sizing to save $40 just doesn't seem worth it for just about about anyone considering buying expensive clothing.post #11250 of 1310412/31/12 at 10:37am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › replacing shirt collars / cuffs 13 seconds ago
- › Benefit/s of a two piece collar? 1 minute ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Charvet questions 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan