About how long do you guys think it takes for these jeans to stretch out completely?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 738
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11057 of 1342110/21/12 at 9:48pm
Mythage, I'd size up 1. It probably would stretch out I personally would just size up and get something that pretty much fits properly from the start.
Wing0, I'd also look into the Petit New Standard. If you didn't already know the PNS is new and slightly different from Petit Standard. From what I know it has a larger thigh so it may work out for you. Or you can do what you were talking about.post #11058 of 1342110/22/12 at 3:45ampost #11059 of 1342110/22/12 at 8:52am
inseam. the selvage is a bit wider but that doesn't bother me, i never wear them with a cuff.
i think someone here said the legs ended up slightly twisted after tapering the outseam, which i could imagine happening.post #11060 of 1342110/23/12 at 3:30ampost #11061 of 1342110/23/12 at 7:24ampost #11062 of 1342110/23/12 at 12:31pm
Anyone interested in a pair of Noir Petit Standard in size 31?? I just got them, and they fit a little different than my Made in Vietnam 31's in indigo, I probablay should have sized up.
Looking for $150 shipped to anywhere in USA. If you want to expedite this process just pm me your paypal email and ill send an invoice and ship asappost #11063 of 1342110/23/12 at 4:45pmpost #11064 of 1342110/23/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I'm a break-dancer, so it only took about 3 days for me. For you, probably 1-2 weeks, unless you are also a break-dancer. If you're thinking about getting break-dancing lessons to speed up the process, it's a waste of money. You can just learn on the YouTube. You get awesome fades from the spinning and whatnot as well.post #11065 of 1342110/23/12 at 9:02pmpost #11066 of 1342110/23/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
It took me roughly 4 days of casual wear until they quit stretching, much faster than I expected
It depends largely on what you're looking for, but yes, it's decent denim for the pricepoint.post #11067 of 1342110/23/12 at 10:57pmpost #11068 of 1342110/23/12 at 10:58pmpost #11069 of 1342110/24/12 at 8:53am
Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".post #11070 of 1342110/24/12 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trenton
Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".
Looking good! Nice pedals there - specially the line 6 one - fun!
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 54 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Black Milano Fit Suit, 38R (48R EU)... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...