About how long do you guys think it takes for these jeans to stretch out completely?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 738post #11057 of 1361410/21/12 at 9:48pm
Mythage, I'd size up 1. It probably would stretch out I personally would just size up and get something that pretty much fits properly from the start.
Wing0, I'd also look into the Petit New Standard. If you didn't already know the PNS is new and slightly different from Petit Standard. From what I know it has a larger thigh so it may work out for you. Or you can do what you were talking about.post #11058 of 1361410/22/12 at 3:45ampost #11059 of 1361410/22/12 at 8:52am
inseam. the selvage is a bit wider but that doesn't bother me, i never wear them with a cuff.
i think someone here said the legs ended up slightly twisted after tapering the outseam, which i could imagine happening.post #11060 of 1361410/23/12 at 3:30ampost #11061 of 1361410/23/12 at 7:24ampost #11062 of 1361410/23/12 at 12:31pm
Anyone interested in a pair of Noir Petit Standard in size 31?? I just got them, and they fit a little different than my Made in Vietnam 31's in indigo, I probablay should have sized up.
Looking for $150 shipped to anywhere in USA. If you want to expedite this process just pm me your paypal email and ill send an invoice and ship asappost #11063 of 1361410/23/12 at 4:45pmpost #11064 of 1361410/23/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I'm a break-dancer, so it only took about 3 days for me. For you, probably 1-2 weeks, unless you are also a break-dancer. If you're thinking about getting break-dancing lessons to speed up the process, it's a waste of money. You can just learn on the YouTube. You get awesome fades from the spinning and whatnot as well.post #11065 of 1361410/23/12 at 9:02pmpost #11066 of 1361410/23/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
It took me roughly 4 days of casual wear until they quit stretching, much faster than I expected
It depends largely on what you're looking for, but yes, it's decent denim for the pricepoint.post #11067 of 1361410/23/12 at 10:57pmpost #11068 of 1361410/23/12 at 10:58pmpost #11069 of 1361410/24/12 at 8:53am
Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".post #11070 of 1361410/24/12 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trenton
Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".
Looking good! Nice pedals there - specially the line 6 one - fun!
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › FS: Truman Boots Stone Rambler Size 8d 1 second ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 14 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 17 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 24 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...