Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 736post #11026 of 1313610/16/12 at 7:16amI have the New Standards in a size down, and the thighs are still way too tight. Moreso the crotch area, I've gotta watch the way I sit or else there's an outline for all to see. This seems to be the trend for me, pants fit fine in the waist but the crotch is just killing me. Ran into the same issue with some Lands End Canvas chinos too...thoughts?
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11027 of 1313610/16/12 at 7:24ampost #11028 of 1313610/16/12 at 7:42am
Where exactly should they sit? If I push them down too much I get a lot of stacking and bagginess. I probably need to go down another size, or perhaps style because the legs are really baggy. I feel this would only make the crotch area worse though. Slim cut chinos are the same way.post #11029 of 1313610/16/12 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by ohyoumad
Where exactly should they sit? If I push them down too much I get a lot of stacking and bagginess. I probably need to go down another size, or perhaps style because the legs are really baggy. I feel this would only make the crotch area worse though. Slim cut chinos are the same way.
So you're pulling them up higher to correct the length? That doesn't make any sense, get them hemmed or just let them stack. NS aren't super low-rise but they're still supposed to sit pretty low on your hips.post #11030 of 1313610/16/12 at 7:50amI dropped off my International at the tailor having the sleeves slimmed as well as the body just a tad...
Got a question about re-waxing, I've noticed that Belstaff's International has much more of a sheen than most Barbour's I've seen... I want that sheen, what wax should I use?
I have a friend that used some kind of wax on a cotton jacket of his that you rub on first and then blow dry the jacket. Whereas Barbour's wax seems like you heat it up first then brush it on. I just want that sheen!post #11031 of 1313610/16/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
No, I'm not pulling them up higher to correct the length. I'm wearing them like I would wear any normal pair of pants.post #11032 of 1313610/17/12 at 1:05pmpost #11033 of 1313610/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #11034 of 1313610/17/12 at 1:42pmpost #11035 of 1313610/17/12 at 2:32pmothers might be able to advise you better, i i only tried em on and went for the same size that i wear in PS, which seemed to fit well but presumably would then have stretched out... as i said the top block is looser and the rise is a little higher so you could perhaps size down one from your correct PS size, if that makes sense.post #11036 of 1313610/17/12 at 8:27pmpost #11037 of 1313610/18/12 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
others might be able to advise you better, i i only tried em on and went for the same size that i wear in PS, which seemed to fit well but presumably would then have stretched out... as i said the top block is looser and the rise is a little higher so you could perhaps size down one from your correct PS size, if that makes sense.
Thanks, i went ahead and got a 30 PNS. Ill post pics and how they fit when i get thempost #11038 of 1313610/19/12 at 4:38amQuote:
depends what you mean by thicker legs (what do your thighs measure?)
unless you have real power-lifter measurements then a NS tts or even sized up one could probably work.post #11039 of 1313610/19/12 at 6:52am
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 53 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Left Field NYC Clothing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...