Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 723post #10831 of 134929/12/12 at 11:21ampost #10832 of 134929/12/12 at 11:25ampost #10833 of 134929/12/12 at 11:32ampost #10834 of 134929/12/12 at 3:47pmMan I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.post #10835 of 134929/12/12 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newstyle
Man I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.
sounds like theyve stretched too much, you should've/can size down more..
my true waist is 32.5 and i went with a 29post #10836 of 134929/12/12 at 3:57pmpost #10837 of 134929/12/12 at 4:03pmThey will gain whiskers and honeycombs over time. I wore my jeans pretty frequently and it still took a few years. I like where it is now but I can see myself wearing really faded jeans several years from now like drew.
Yes they shrink to original or early original size and you have to stretch them again. You can just hang dry them to make them shrink lesspost #10838 of 134929/12/12 at 4:10pmpost #10839 of 134929/12/12 at 4:10pmpost #10840 of 134929/12/12 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by yywwyy
Thanks. Do they get a lot softer?
If I wanted a pair that is washed even from start, can I achieve a nice color (albeit without personal whiskers and shit) by just washing it like 3 times in a row? I'm asking because I recently purchased a "pioneer" jean, and it made me wonder.
No not 3 times in a row. Dude they're jeans. Wear them. Wash when they get stinky. Leave the beautiful fades up to the jeans and your lifestyle. Give them time and I promise they will come.post #10841 of 134929/12/12 at 6:33pmpost #10842 of 134929/12/12 at 6:47pmpost #10843 of 134929/12/12 at 6:49pmpost #10844 of 134929/12/12 at 7:49pm
if you don't wear your jeans they wont fade...they may get lighter in color but they wont fade like you see with other peoples pair. If you got the non raw pair you can go ahead and wash when ever you want. But I don't understand why you got a raw pair if you don't like stiff denim and you're trying to wash em before you wear them. If you want a natural look you gotta just wear them man and let them fade over time. If you really want go ahead and wash as often as you want. It would be nice to see a pair that has been washed tons of times compared to someone else who barely washes
NEWSTYLE - I don't see how you don't have any whiskers or combs yet. I've worn my pair maybe 30 times, probably less but I have still have nice combs and wiskers. My whiskers aren't as sharp/set in as my combs tho but you can see em.post #10845 of 134929/12/12 at 7:57pmI think you misunderstand. Read carefully, keeping in mind that other people have common sense, just as you do. Obviously, the jeans won't fade if unworn. I never said anything about having them fade like others' jeans, though.
I have two pairs of new APC. One is washed and one is raw. I don't like the raw, so I'm wondering how much and how effectively they can be made lighter (With a natural look) even before wearing them. I'm not actually declaring to do this-- I'm wondering if anyone has experience (How does the color change, do the jeans get soft immediately, etc), or if they know of an effective method of doing this. If not, I'll just return the raw jeans.
Edit: Are the back pockets on New Cure longer than the back pockets of New Standards?
Edited by yywwyy - 9/12/12 at 8:20pm
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 16 minutes ago
- › Cigars 17 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 34 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding