Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 723
Styleforum Top Picks
Man I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.
sounds like theyve stretched too much, you should've/can size down more..
my true waist is 32.5 and i went with a 29
Yes they shrink to original or early original size and you have to stretch them again. You can just hang dry them to make them shrink less
Thanks. Do they get a lot softer?
If I wanted a pair that is washed even from start, can I achieve a nice color (albeit without personal whiskers and shit) by just washing it like 3 times in a row? I'm asking because I recently purchased a "pioneer" jean, and it made me wonder.
No not 3 times in a row. Dude they're jeans. Wear them. Wash when they get stinky. Leave the beautiful fades up to the jeans and your lifestyle. Give them time and I promise they will come.
if you don't wear your jeans they wont fade...they may get lighter in color but they wont fade like you see with other peoples pair. If you got the non raw pair you can go ahead and wash when ever you want. But I don't understand why you got a raw pair if you don't like stiff denim and you're trying to wash em before you wear them. If you want a natural look you gotta just wear them man and let them fade over time. If you really want go ahead and wash as often as you want. It would be nice to see a pair that has been washed tons of times compared to someone else who barely washes
NEWSTYLE - I don't see how you don't have any whiskers or combs yet. I've worn my pair maybe 30 times, probably less but I have still have nice combs and wiskers. My whiskers aren't as sharp/set in as my combs tho but you can see em.
I have two pairs of new APC. One is washed and one is raw. I don't like the raw, so I'm wondering how much and how effectively they can be made lighter (With a natural look) even before wearing them. I'm not actually declaring to do this-- I'm wondering if anyone has experience (How does the color change, do the jeans get soft immediately, etc), or if they know of an effective method of doing this. If not, I'll just return the raw jeans.
Edit: Are the back pockets on New Cure longer than the back pockets of New Standards?
Edited by yywwyy - 9/12/12 at 8:20pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 18 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...