Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 7/30/15 at 6:51pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 723post #10831 of 131649/12/12 at 11:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10832 of 131649/12/12 at 11:25ampost #10833 of 131649/12/12 at 11:32ampost #10834 of 131649/12/12 at 3:47pmMan I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.post #10835 of 131649/12/12 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newstyle
Man I am really not digging my PS right now. I got them back in June and have been wearing them a lot. I got them hemmed to try and shorten them but they are still too long. The waist has stretched out considerably and makes the whole top block look really sh!tty. No fading has begun and not whiskering or honeycombs have started to show. I'm hoping they are going through a sort of "awkward teenage phase" and will become really nice if I just push through. I sized down to a 28, normally a 30, but they just look slouchy and have a weird fit. I even went to Gap today to look at their selvedge jeans to see if they had better fits to theirs but they don't carry the selvedge at my store. I'm really contemplating a wash to see if I can get them to shrink, but I know that would ruin them. Help! talk me out of this! Maybe I just need to hem them even more.
sounds like theyve stretched too much, you should've/can size down more..
my true waist is 32.5 and i went with a 29post #10836 of 131649/12/12 at 3:57pmpost #10837 of 131649/12/12 at 4:03pmThey will gain whiskers and honeycombs over time. I wore my jeans pretty frequently and it still took a few years. I like where it is now but I can see myself wearing really faded jeans several years from now like drew.
Yes they shrink to original or early original size and you have to stretch them again. You can just hang dry them to make them shrink lesspost #10838 of 131649/12/12 at 4:10pmpost #10839 of 131649/12/12 at 4:10pmpost #10840 of 131649/12/12 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by yywwyy
Thanks. Do they get a lot softer?
If I wanted a pair that is washed even from start, can I achieve a nice color (albeit without personal whiskers and shit) by just washing it like 3 times in a row? I'm asking because I recently purchased a "pioneer" jean, and it made me wonder.
No not 3 times in a row. Dude they're jeans. Wear them. Wash when they get stinky. Leave the beautiful fades up to the jeans and your lifestyle. Give them time and I promise they will come.post #10841 of 131649/12/12 at 6:33pmpost #10842 of 131649/12/12 at 6:47pmpost #10843 of 131649/12/12 at 6:49pmpost #10844 of 131649/12/12 at 7:49pm
if you don't wear your jeans they wont fade...they may get lighter in color but they wont fade like you see with other peoples pair. If you got the non raw pair you can go ahead and wash when ever you want. But I don't understand why you got a raw pair if you don't like stiff denim and you're trying to wash em before you wear them. If you want a natural look you gotta just wear them man and let them fade over time. If you really want go ahead and wash as often as you want. It would be nice to see a pair that has been washed tons of times compared to someone else who barely washes
NEWSTYLE - I don't see how you don't have any whiskers or combs yet. I've worn my pair maybe 30 times, probably less but I have still have nice combs and wiskers. My whiskers aren't as sharp/set in as my combs tho but you can see em.post #10845 of 131649/12/12 at 7:57pmI think you misunderstand. Read carefully, keeping in mind that other people have common sense, just as you do. Obviously, the jeans won't fade if unworn. I never said anything about having them fade like others' jeans, though.
I have two pairs of new APC. One is washed and one is raw. I don't like the raw, so I'm wondering how much and how effectively they can be made lighter (With a natural look) even before wearing them. I'm not actually declaring to do this-- I'm wondering if anyone has experience (How does the color change, do the jeans get soft immediately, etc), or if they know of an effective method of doing this. If not, I'll just return the raw jeans.
Edit: Are the back pockets on New Cure longer than the back pockets of New Standards?
Edited by yywwyy - 9/12/12 at 8:20pm
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Engineered Garments SS15 42 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...