Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 712post #10667 of 135828/11/12 at 7:04pmJust bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advancepost #10668 of 135828/11/12 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by bearJEW
Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance
I would absolutely hem them. You have way too much "stacking" in my opinion. Stacking is a matter of personal preference so do what you like best but in my opinion stacking makes the jeans look sloppy. If you size down to a 28 you'll have a more dramatic taper. I'd stay with the 29.post #10669 of 135828/11/12 at 10:00pmpost #10670 of 135828/11/12 at 11:49pmI don't think the stacking looks bad. New APCs are also rather stiff and it will take some time for them to soften and allow the stacks to settle properly. Give the jeans some time before taking any corrective actions. Also keep in mind that TKE primarily posts on the MC side of the board and will have a more conservative opinion on the fit of jeans than many others.post #10671 of 135828/12/12 at 12:00ampost #10672 of 135828/12/12 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Can you give me your opinions of which is a better fit for me? I just got a pair of APC NC and I intend to leave them "raw" and wash them as few times as possible (and by wash I mean soak). I also have a pair of NS that I've machined washed several times and they fit very differently. I think they both fit well but for different purposes. What are your opinions?
New Cure size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Washed New Standard size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would have the NS hemmed a little more because I think a pant should have as much of a vertical silhouette as possible.
Overall they suprisingly look a lot alike, especially given the fact the NS have lost the shine and stretched to their final measurements already.
I think if you like a bit of stacking the slimmer leg opening of the NC might be favourable because they wont flare open as much as the NS do right now.
If you want to keep it more classic, which I prefer, I would settle with the NS.post #10673 of 135828/12/12 at 2:14ampost #10674 of 135828/12/12 at 2:18ampost #10675 of 135828/12/12 at 3:43ampost #10676 of 135828/12/12 at 6:11am
What do you all think about this fit? These are TTS (true to size) 28 New Cures that are about two days old.Quote:
I don't like stacking, especially when the jeans are still extremely stiff, and they are as low as my body wil allow me to wear them. There were probably 3 inches below my belly button.post #10677 of 135828/12/12 at 9:43ampost #10678 of 135828/12/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything, if thats the look you like with jeans, more power to you. My personal preference is more slouchy with stacking; in my opinion it just looks cooler, and if I wanted a 'cleaner' look I'd probably just go with trousers or something.
I've gotta say, its getting kind of tiring how here in SW&D if you don't like stacking your wrong, and in MC if you don't want everything ever to have no break you're wrong.
A bit off topic, but I wonder if in 5 years time everyone in MC will have trousers with a full break. I noticed a few months ago when I looked in the MC WAYWT, there were lots of slim trousers and jackets slipping past the radar that would have been railed for being a size too small way back when I first signed up here.post #10679 of 135828/12/12 at 3:22pmmax_r, great you are interested in a proper discussion and not into bashing MC because you are a SW&D guy or the other way around.
I don't wear suits but prefer a preppy casual look which obviously places me closer to MC than SW&D.
The reason I prefer my own pants to have little to no break is because I am only 5'7 high and feel a slim, yet not skinny, silhouette compliments my body the most.
I do neither like the sack many of the older MC guys prefer nor do I think skinny jeans do very slim guys like myself a lot of favour.
Regarding stacking, I think it looks better with skinny jeans, which I don't wear, than wider cuts like my NS.
I tried stacking my NS when they were new and thought it looked off because there was just too much fabric flaring open horizontally.
I feel it makes me look even shorter than I am.
Also I don't wear sneakers but loafers, mocassins, boat as well as dress shoes, which in my opinion just don't work with stacking.
I know TKE is more of an MC guy too, so that's why I advised him to do the way I would do it, but I see the appeal of stacking and can even enjoy it in some outfits of others.post #10680 of 135828/12/12 at 7:05pmQuick question. I'm 5'8 119 pounds and wear a 26 in most of my jeans. I bought a 25 new cure , but I'm looking at the 26 ps because I like the taper the ps has over the new cure. Also the ps has a slimmer body than the nc, in context clothes measurements. But I did find out the ps is now tts wtf! Most of my jeans run a 28 to a little less than a 29 inch waist even though it's marked 26. Should I gun it for the 26 or keep the still vanity sized 25 nc? They arrive tmrw in the mail. Thanks!
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › BARBOUR Kellen Jacket AND Liner Navy Waxed Cotton Small NWT 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › EDWARD GREEN Galway 7/7/5 E82 Dark Brown Utah Calf 10 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway