Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 6/24/15 at 12:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 712
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10667 of 131358/11/12 at 7:04pmJust bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advancepost #10668 of 131358/11/12 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by bearJEW
Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance
I would absolutely hem them. You have way too much "stacking" in my opinion. Stacking is a matter of personal preference so do what you like best but in my opinion stacking makes the jeans look sloppy. If you size down to a 28 you'll have a more dramatic taper. I'd stay with the 29.post #10669 of 131358/11/12 at 10:00pmpost #10670 of 131358/11/12 at 11:49pmI don't think the stacking looks bad. New APCs are also rather stiff and it will take some time for them to soften and allow the stacks to settle properly. Give the jeans some time before taking any corrective actions. Also keep in mind that TKE primarily posts on the MC side of the board and will have a more conservative opinion on the fit of jeans than many others.post #10671 of 131358/12/12 at 12:00ampost #10672 of 131358/12/12 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Can you give me your opinions of which is a better fit for me? I just got a pair of APC NC and I intend to leave them "raw" and wash them as few times as possible (and by wash I mean soak). I also have a pair of NS that I've machined washed several times and they fit very differently. I think they both fit well but for different purposes. What are your opinions?
New Cure size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Washed New Standard size 28:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would have the NS hemmed a little more because I think a pant should have as much of a vertical silhouette as possible.
Overall they suprisingly look a lot alike, especially given the fact the NS have lost the shine and stretched to their final measurements already.
I think if you like a bit of stacking the slimmer leg opening of the NC might be favourable because they wont flare open as much as the NS do right now.
If you want to keep it more classic, which I prefer, I would settle with the NS.post #10673 of 131358/12/12 at 2:14ampost #10674 of 131358/12/12 at 2:18ampost #10675 of 131358/12/12 at 3:43ampost #10676 of 131358/12/12 at 6:11am
What do you all think about this fit? These are TTS (true to size) 28 New Cures that are about two days old.Quote:
I don't like stacking, especially when the jeans are still extremely stiff, and they are as low as my body wil allow me to wear them. There were probably 3 inches below my belly button.post #10677 of 131358/12/12 at 9:43ampost #10678 of 131358/12/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything, if thats the look you like with jeans, more power to you. My personal preference is more slouchy with stacking; in my opinion it just looks cooler, and if I wanted a 'cleaner' look I'd probably just go with trousers or something.
I've gotta say, its getting kind of tiring how here in SW&D if you don't like stacking your wrong, and in MC if you don't want everything ever to have no break you're wrong.
A bit off topic, but I wonder if in 5 years time everyone in MC will have trousers with a full break. I noticed a few months ago when I looked in the MC WAYWT, there were lots of slim trousers and jackets slipping past the radar that would have been railed for being a size too small way back when I first signed up here.post #10679 of 131358/12/12 at 3:22pmmax_r, great you are interested in a proper discussion and not into bashing MC because you are a SW&D guy or the other way around.
I don't wear suits but prefer a preppy casual look which obviously places me closer to MC than SW&D.
The reason I prefer my own pants to have little to no break is because I am only 5'7 high and feel a slim, yet not skinny, silhouette compliments my body the most.
I do neither like the sack many of the older MC guys prefer nor do I think skinny jeans do very slim guys like myself a lot of favour.
Regarding stacking, I think it looks better with skinny jeans, which I don't wear, than wider cuts like my NS.
I tried stacking my NS when they were new and thought it looked off because there was just too much fabric flaring open horizontally.
I feel it makes me look even shorter than I am.
Also I don't wear sneakers but loafers, mocassins, boat as well as dress shoes, which in my opinion just don't work with stacking.
I know TKE is more of an MC guy too, so that's why I advised him to do the way I would do it, but I see the appeal of stacking and can even enjoy it in some outfits of others.post #10680 of 131358/12/12 at 7:05pmQuick question. I'm 5'8 119 pounds and wear a 26 in most of my jeans. I bought a 25 new cure , but I'm looking at the 26 ps because I like the taper the ps has over the new cure. Also the ps has a slimmer body than the nc, in context clothes measurements. But I did find out the ps is now tts wtf! Most of my jeans run a 28 to a little less than a 29 inch waist even though it's marked 26. Should I gun it for the 26 or keep the still vanity sized 25 nc? They arrive tmrw in the mail. Thanks!
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...