anyone know if these are the selvedge versions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 690post #10337 of 135816/11/12 at 8:10pmpost #10338 of 135816/12/12 at 12:31pmpost #10339 of 135816/12/12 at 12:49pmpost #10340 of 135816/12/12 at 7:23pmpost #10341 of 135816/12/12 at 7:26pmpost #10342 of 135816/13/12 at 6:45am
So I just got a pair of new standards (used) worn 10-15 times and they kind of smell. I also need to have the inseem altered a bit. Should I soak first to get rid of the smell then alter? This is my first pair of selvedge jeans and I'm not sure if there an order to this that I should follow?post #10343 of 135816/13/12 at 6:46ampost #10344 of 135816/13/12 at 8:34ampost #10345 of 135816/13/12 at 8:36ampost #10346 of 135816/13/12 at 8:56ampost #10347 of 135816/13/12 at 9:38ampost #10348 of 135816/13/12 at 9:41ampost #10349 of 135816/13/12 at 12:07pmI have the raw selvedge (red selvedge) MIJ PSs, and they are a solid black although it's not particularly dark, almost trends toward a blackish grey.
The typical raw noir, I think they call them, has almost a mixed black and gray vibe. I'm having trouble explaining it but what you see is what it's like. I wonder how it'd look after the first soak, though.post #10350 of 135816/13/12 at 3:09pmI have been after a pair of real black selvedge denim and I just picked up a pair of red selvedge Made in Japan "double black" APC. Style is NS. I am a size 33. For APC, i had to take a 31. Fits good.
First impression, quality wise, not really impressed. Feels more like stiff chinos to me. It just does not feel like real denim to me, more like baby denim. This could be due to me being used to wearing thick japanese denim a la Momotaro. Still, there is something comfy about APC the more you wear it.
Colour wise, this is definitely not a deep black. I mean, if you really want that black, you should check out 3sixteen 220x, or RRL slim fit black. Now those are really really black. This APC denim strike me more as a very dark gray as the above poster already said so beware if what you are after is real black then this is definitely not it.
They are definitely cool but once I wear through them, I won't be buying again. They feel really flimsy. This is objective as I like my denim to have a bit of kick certainly not feeling like stiff chinos.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Frank Shattuck Tailor Co. (found his web site!) 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...