anyone know if these are the selvedge versions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 690post #10337 of 135756/11/12 at 8:10pmpost #10338 of 135756/12/12 at 12:31pmpost #10339 of 135756/12/12 at 12:49pmpost #10340 of 135756/12/12 at 7:23pmpost #10341 of 135756/12/12 at 7:26pmpost #10342 of 135756/13/12 at 6:45am
So I just got a pair of new standards (used) worn 10-15 times and they kind of smell. I also need to have the inseem altered a bit. Should I soak first to get rid of the smell then alter? This is my first pair of selvedge jeans and I'm not sure if there an order to this that I should follow?post #10343 of 135756/13/12 at 6:46ampost #10344 of 135756/13/12 at 8:34ampost #10345 of 135756/13/12 at 8:36ampost #10346 of 135756/13/12 at 8:56ampost #10347 of 135756/13/12 at 9:38ampost #10348 of 135756/13/12 at 9:41ampost #10349 of 135756/13/12 at 12:07pmI have the raw selvedge (red selvedge) MIJ PSs, and they are a solid black although it's not particularly dark, almost trends toward a blackish grey.
The typical raw noir, I think they call them, has almost a mixed black and gray vibe. I'm having trouble explaining it but what you see is what it's like. I wonder how it'd look after the first soak, though.post #10350 of 135756/13/12 at 3:09pmI have been after a pair of real black selvedge denim and I just picked up a pair of red selvedge Made in Japan "double black" APC. Style is NS. I am a size 33. For APC, i had to take a 31. Fits good.
First impression, quality wise, not really impressed. Feels more like stiff chinos to me. It just does not feel like real denim to me, more like baby denim. This could be due to me being used to wearing thick japanese denim a la Momotaro. Still, there is something comfy about APC the more you wear it.
Colour wise, this is definitely not a deep black. I mean, if you really want that black, you should check out 3sixteen 220x, or RRL slim fit black. Now those are really really black. This APC denim strike me more as a very dark gray as the above poster already said so beware if what you are after is real black then this is definitely not it.
They are definitely cool but once I wear through them, I won't be buying again. They feel really flimsy. This is objective as I like my denim to have a bit of kick certainly not feeling like stiff chinos.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › I'm getting major fashion tips from Pro Athletes Thanks to this... 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 31 minutes ago
- › Darn Tough Hiking Socks Sizing 33 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...