Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena, Engineered Garments and more -... Last post on 8/24/15 at 10:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 683post #10231 of 131895/21/12 at 9:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10232 of 131895/21/12 at 1:25pmQuote: "My 31 Diors are big. My normal denim size is 32, and I was told to size down 2 for APPC's. I don't like my jeans painted on either, and something tells me that if I need my fiance to help me put them on, then they don't fit.
They don't look terrible in picture. They just feel a lot worse than I imagined. Can only get the top button buttoned."
this doesn't register with me...I'm a 32 in jcrew, 30 in RRL slim fit, and 29 or 30 in APC petit standard.
also, the top button is always the hardest button to close on a fresh pair of APCs, as that's the widest part of fly. I know guys at the APC store in soho who buy their jeans so that they can only button all but the top button, under the assumption that the jeans stretch enough to get the top button to close with what they consider to be a good fit.
bottom line, if you can button the top button, i think you'll be ok!post #10233 of 131895/21/12 at 4:13pmUPDATE: 6mo wear, 5-6 wears/week on my 28 PS. Ill post fade pics later, but I want to point out/ask about this weird vagina-thing the fly is doing. I dont know why it's doing this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, the crotch is about to blow. I expected this, but not after only 6 months. I have worn them pretty hard, but still...post #10234 of 131895/21/12 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
so I bought used apc petit standard sz 28 online. the seller said it's only been worn once without any alteration. when I measure them the inseam is only 30 inch. chance is the ex-owner has hemmed it without telling me or it's fake. what do you think? i never heard about fake apc though.
the thread: http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=11985460
In the above link that you posted, it very clearly states that the jeans were hemmed to a Size 30. So thats probably why the inseam is 30 inches.post #10235 of 131895/22/12 at 2:05ampost #10236 of 131895/22/12 at 5:45ampost #10237 of 131895/22/12 at 11:50amQuote:
its just because they're tight across the front, my new standards do the same thing, never bothered me though. I had a pair of PS that i gave away, that were sized up, and they didn't do this because they weren't as tight.post #10238 of 131895/22/12 at 12:06pmpost #10239 of 131895/22/12 at 12:27pmpost #10240 of 131895/22/12 at 2:06pmpost #10241 of 131895/23/12 at 6:39amI bought a pair of Black PS in size 27.
I think its to tight. Just tried it on the first time and I can only close the last button. I know it stretches but I think it won't be enough?
I usually wear 28 or 29, depends.. 29 in Levis, 28 in most nudies.. so I thought 27 would be a good idea for APC.
If its too tight, should I grab a 28 or even a 29?post #10242 of 131895/23/12 at 7:53ampost #10243 of 131895/23/12 at 8:02amQuote:
hang in there, gonna end up perfect. Was like this for me with my pair of PS, the only negative thing though is that a crotch blow out is pretty much guaranteed within the first 6 months. I thought i was really careful with mine, but natural damages started to appear and one day, bam. It's fixed since about a month back now and seems solid!post #10244 of 131895/23/12 at 8:13ampost #10245 of 131895/23/12 at 6:01pm
In the process of getting my first pair of raw denim. Ordered size 29 New Standards from Mr. Porter and received them today, but they were way tight through the thighs (couldn't lift my legs up). Even if they stretched a bit, I think they are slimmer than what I'm looking for. I'm really thin and tall, and usually wear 30 or 31. I'm debating whether to get size 29 Rescues, size 30 Rescues, or size 30 New Standard. How much will the waist stretch out? Also, are the thighs much roomier in the Rescue?
Edit: The rise was also lower than I'd like on the 29 NS. I'm leaning towards the 30 Rescues at this point.
- A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 30 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Black Leather Jazz Style Lace Ups Size 10 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015