Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAPCtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC New Standard Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAPC Petit Standardtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- itemAPC Rescuetagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- APC, Schott, Engineered Garments, RRL Last post on 8/12/13 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 6/7 Price Drop RRL Denim, Chinos, Chambrays / J.Crew Denim & Saturdays Surf / APC PS Last post on 7/5/11 at 10:23pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. - Page 683post #10231 of 135195/21/12 at 9:12ampost #10232 of 135195/21/12 at 1:25pmQuote: "My 31 Diors are big. My normal denim size is 32, and I was told to size down 2 for APPC's. I don't like my jeans painted on either, and something tells me that if I need my fiance to help me put them on, then they don't fit.
They don't look terrible in picture. They just feel a lot worse than I imagined. Can only get the top button buttoned."
this doesn't register with me...I'm a 32 in jcrew, 30 in RRL slim fit, and 29 or 30 in APC petit standard.
also, the top button is always the hardest button to close on a fresh pair of APCs, as that's the widest part of fly. I know guys at the APC store in soho who buy their jeans so that they can only button all but the top button, under the assumption that the jeans stretch enough to get the top button to close with what they consider to be a good fit.
bottom line, if you can button the top button, i think you'll be ok!post #10233 of 135195/21/12 at 4:13pmUPDATE: 6mo wear, 5-6 wears/week on my 28 PS. Ill post fade pics later, but I want to point out/ask about this weird vagina-thing the fly is doing. I dont know why it's doing this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, the crotch is about to blow. I expected this, but not after only 6 months. I have worn them pretty hard, but still...post #10234 of 135195/21/12 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
so I bought used apc petit standard sz 28 online. the seller said it's only been worn once without any alteration. when I measure them the inseam is only 30 inch. chance is the ex-owner has hemmed it without telling me or it's fake. what do you think? i never heard about fake apc though.
the thread: http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=11985460
In the above link that you posted, it very clearly states that the jeans were hemmed to a Size 30. So thats probably why the inseam is 30 inches.post #10235 of 135195/22/12 at 2:05ampost #10236 of 135195/22/12 at 5:45ampost #10237 of 135195/22/12 at 11:50amQuote:
its just because they're tight across the front, my new standards do the same thing, never bothered me though. I had a pair of PS that i gave away, that were sized up, and they didn't do this because they weren't as tight.post #10238 of 135195/22/12 at 12:06pmpost #10239 of 135195/22/12 at 12:27pmpost #10240 of 135195/22/12 at 2:06pmpost #10241 of 135195/23/12 at 6:39amI bought a pair of Black PS in size 27.
I think its to tight. Just tried it on the first time and I can only close the last button. I know it stretches but I think it won't be enough?
I usually wear 28 or 29, depends.. 29 in Levis, 28 in most nudies.. so I thought 27 would be a good idea for APC.
If its too tight, should I grab a 28 or even a 29?post #10242 of 135195/23/12 at 7:53ampost #10243 of 135195/23/12 at 8:02amQuote:
hang in there, gonna end up perfect. Was like this for me with my pair of PS, the only negative thing though is that a crotch blow out is pretty much guaranteed within the first 6 months. I thought i was really careful with mine, but natural damages started to appear and one day, bam. It's fixed since about a month back now and seems solid!post #10244 of 135195/23/12 at 8:13ampost #10245 of 135195/23/12 at 6:01pm
In the process of getting my first pair of raw denim. Ordered size 29 New Standards from Mr. Porter and received them today, but they were way tight through the thighs (couldn't lift my legs up). Even if they stretched a bit, I think they are slimmer than what I'm looking for. I'm really thin and tall, and usually wear 30 or 31. I'm debating whether to get size 29 Rescues, size 30 Rescues, or size 30 New Standard. How much will the waist stretch out? Also, are the thighs much roomier in the Rescue?
Edit: The rise was also lower than I'd like on the 29 NS. I'm leaning towards the 30 Rescues at this point.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Introduce yourself. 13 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on this navy jacket 7 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding