or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 39

post #571 of 6227
Brave law enforcement at it again.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/544/article/p2p-79798816/

Cops shoot 95 yr old nursing home resident 4 times with bean bags from 4ft away and then shove him to the ground with a shield killing him.
post #572 of 6227
"The elderly man had refused medical treatment for a urinary tract infection, and reportedly became belligerent. "

Perfectly good reason.
post #573 of 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

"The elderly man had refused medical treatment for a urinary tract infection, and reportedly became belligerent. "

Perfectly good reason.

I don't know Harv, this seems like an overreaction to me.
post #574 of 6227
I love how police mistakes a long, metal shoehorn for a machete.

By love, I mean that I find it ridiculous.
post #575 of 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I love how police mistakes a long, metal shoehorn for a machete.

By love, I mean that I find it ridiculous.

Well these brave soldiers stood 40 feet away from a disabled man. You can't expect them to get any closer.
post #576 of 6227

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Well these brave soldiers stood 40 feet away from a disabled man. You can't expect them to get any closer.

 

We can sit here comfortably and joke about it, but he could have lunged at them with passion fruit or worse.

post #577 of 6227
They were just putting the guy out of his misery.
post #578 of 6227
Well, at least this one is still getting lots of attention.... Saw it on the front page of the paper this morning.
post #579 of 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Well these brave soldiers stood 40 feet away from a disabled man. You can't expect them to get any closer.

That would have been an optimal distance to fire beanbag munitions at a human target.
post #580 of 6227
This is out of control: No evidence at all that this guy broke any laws.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/04/02/fbi-seizing-artifacts-rural-indiana-home/7210675/

FBI agents Wednesday removed "thousands" of cultural artifacts, including American Indian items, from the private collection of a 91-year-old Rush County man who had acquired them over the past eight decades.

An FBI command vehicle and several tents were spotted at the property in rural Waldron, about 35 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

However, the FBI was careful not to say whether they believed the man, Don Miller, had knowingly broken any laws. The FBI's aim is to catalog the artifacts and return them to their countries of origin.

"We're collecting and analyzing with the goal of repatriation," FBI Special Agent Drew Northern said.
post #581 of 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

This is out of control: No evidence at all that this guy broke any laws.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/04/02/fbi-seizing-artifacts-rural-indiana-home/7210675/

FBI agents Wednesday removed "thousands" of cultural artifacts, including American Indian items, from the private collection of a 91-year-old Rush County man who had acquired them over the past eight decades.

An FBI command vehicle and several tents were spotted at the property in rural Waldron, about 35 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

However, the FBI was careful not to say whether they believed the man, Don Miller, had knowingly broken any laws. The FBI's aim is to catalog the artifacts and return them to their countries of origin.

"We're collecting and analyzing with the goal of repatriation," FBI Special Agent Drew Northern said.

He's lucky he wasn't arrested for contempt of cop and then shot.
post #582 of 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

He's lucky he wasn't arrested for contempt of cop and then shot.

They usually shoot first, then arrest.
post #583 of 6227
post #584 of 6227
Shoot first, don't even bother asking questions. SOP.
post #585 of 6227
Sometimes it's a pattern of "Sh#t Happens"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/04/10/301443060/justice-albuquerque-police-show-pattern-of-excessive-force

Justice: Albuquerque Police Show 'Pattern Of Excessive Force'

How long before the proverbial Sh#t Storm?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?