or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 380

post #5686 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

A publicity move to make money? Say it isn't so.

I don't really think that but I also don't think he's suffering from this. I think it's a tempest in a tea pot and he should either give some substantial money to BLM or do something a little more concrete.
post #5687 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I don't really think that but I also don't think he's suffering from this. I think it's a tempest in a tea pot and he should either give some substantial money to BLM or do something a little more concrete.

He's pledged $1 million of his salary this year to community organizations. I'm not sure if he's stated which organizations exactly will receive this money though.
post #5688 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

He's pledged $1 million of his salary this year to community organizations. I'm not sure if he's stated which organizations exactly will receive this money though.

Now that's good to hear and I think far more meaningful in concrete terms than taking a knee.
post #5689 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So since he probably gets some licensing he's actually benefited?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

A publicity move to make money? Say it isn't so.

He said he's donating all proceeds he's getting from his jersey sales "back into the communities" so seems like this is more than just a way to make money.

By starting his protest in the preseason he was actually taking a pretty big risk of getting cut and losing his salary for the year. I remember reading something that his salary is only guaranteed if he's on the team. If he gets cut he loses everything.
post #5690 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post


He said he's donating all proceeds he's getting from his jersey sales "back into the communities" so seems like this is more than just a way to make money.

By starting his protest in the preseason he was actually taking a pretty big risk of getting cut and losing his salary for the year. I remember reading something that his salary is only guaranteed if he's on the team. If he gets cut he loses everything.

I would imagine getting cut for this would trigger and employment suit? Actually, I would imagine getting cut for any reason would lead to a suit it was about this.

Still, good to hear he's putting the proceeds into the issue.
post #5691 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I would imagine getting cut for this would trigger and employment suit? Actually, I would imagine getting cut for any reason would lead to a suit it was about this.

Still, good to hear he's putting the proceeds into the issue.

He could sue I'm sure, but it would be hard to disprove the "cut for performance reasons" line, especially during the pre-season.
post #5692 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

He could sue I'm sure, but it would be hard to disprove the "cut for performance reasons" line, especially during the pre-season.

I stopped following football when Barry Sanders retired in disgust so I'll take your word for that on his performance.
post #5693 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I would imagine getting cut for this would trigger and employment suit? Actually, I would imagine getting cut for any reason would lead to a suit it was about this.

I'm guessing you don't follow the NFL too closely then if you really think this would happen.

Pio- didn't see your prior post.
post #5694 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I stopped following football when Barry Sanders retired in disgust so I'll take your word for that on his performance.

They openly cut people for getting injured. You basically have no protections in the NFL unless you're a megastar and have leverage over your contract language.
post #5695 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

They openly cut people for getting injured. You basically have no protections in the NFL unless you're a megastar and have leverage over your contract language.

Did he get injured? Honestly, do not follow football anymore.
post #5696 of 6095
My understanding is that they could cut him at any time, but they'd still have to pay the remainder of his contract.
post #5697 of 6095

My new life goal: get a job where I get paid even if I get fired for poor performance.  Preferably it has a 7 or 8 figure salary.

post #5698 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

My understanding is that they could cut him at any time, but they'd still have to pay the remainder of his contract.

The 49ers would only owe him for the current season. The rest of his contract isn't guaranteed and only becomes guaranteed by being on the roster in future seasons. If he gets cut during the season then he doesn't get paid out for the rest of his contract.
post #5699 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Did he get injured? Honestly, do not follow football anymore.

He's not hurt, I'm just saying that NFL teams can basically cut you for any reason whatsoever and face very little scrutiny or financial cost for it.
post #5700 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

The 49ers would only owe him for the current season. The rest of his contract isn't guaranteed and only becomes guaranteed by being on the roster in future seasons. If he gets cut during the season then he doesn't get paid out for the rest of his contract.

Ah, my bad. I thought his contract ended at the end of this season. I don't actually watch football so I was just going off of what I had read somewhere.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?