or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 358

post #5356 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Problem is widespread support they get from celebrities, politicans, cucked white students etc they allowed to normalize this misguided movement and it's violent, racist behaviour.

One problem. Another is the effect of lying and stonewalling by authorities and apologists who think the appropriate response to even the most obvious and egregious examples of racism and brutality by bad cops is unrelenting gaslighting and victim-blaming.
post #5357 of 6081

But but (insert appeal to authority argument here)

post #5358 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

But but (insert appeal to authority argument here)

Stop appealing/resisting and start complying unless you want to get tased!





Well, you'll get tased anyway, but still.
post #5359 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Problem is widespread support they get from celebrities, politicans, cucked white students etc they allowed to normalize this misguided movement and it's violent, racist behaviour.

One problem. Another is the effect of lying and stonewalling by authorities and apologists who think the appropriate response to even the most obvious and egregious examples of racism and brutality by bad cops is unrelenting gaslighting and victim-blaming.

yea i would be first to say i prefer european cops to us trained ones, but this is not an issue that affects only black people
there is a problem with how US police reacts in conflict situations(at least in my opinion)

also it affects blacks more because they commit shit tons more of violent crime, which is btw much bigger issue in terms of body count than few victims/year of police brutality. - not becasue there is some racist plot to hold blacks down

also they(BLM) come at this problem from angle of systemic racism(wrong), instead of insufficient police training, they only focus on victims of one race(wrong again) and while being called BLM they completely ignore the elephant in the rum; black on black crime (wrong again)

so idk why this turd of an organisation gets any symphathy here
post #5360 of 6081

Last nights totals:

 

Overnight totals:
4 injured MPD officers
14 arrests 
3 squads damaged
30 ShotSpotter activations
1 store with broken windows

 

The amazing thing is that no police force has been used in the protests (rioting). 

 

Quote:
 Flynn said during the ensuing violence, no police officers used any force — no gunshots, no Taser or spray, no batons, no force by hand.
post #5361 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

yea i would be first to say i prefer european cops to us trained ones, but this is not an issue that affects only black people
there is a problem with how US police reacts in conflict situations(at least in my opinion)

also it affects blacks more because they commit shit tons more of violent crime, which is btw much bigger issue in terms of body count than few victims/year of police brutality. - not becasue there is some racist plot to hold blacks down

also they(BLM) come at this problem from angle of systemic racism(wrong), instead of insufficient police training, they only focus on victims of one race(wrong again) and while being called BLM they completely ignore the elephant in the rum; black on black crime (wrong again)

so idk why this turd of an organisation gets any symphathy here

Leaving aside the problem of ascribing monolithic views to a loose association of individuals, what's your basis for saying people who support the BLM movement (not sure if you're actually referring to a particular "organization" as such) ignore black on black violence? That's a convenient ad hominem but isn't really true. Ataturk, rnoldh, suited, and Sean Hannity don't count as sources, sorry.
post #5362 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post


also it affects blacks more because they commit shit tons more of violent crime, which is btw much bigger issue in terms of body count than few victims/year of police brutality. - not becasue there is some racist plot to hold blacks down
 

You do know that blacks are often stopped multiple times even when doing nothing wrong right? Ever heard of 'driving while black' or 'stop and frisk' (in NY)? 

post #5363 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

What you say sounds reasonable but goes against what's actually happened. First, let's go back to the formation and its impetus. Three deaths, Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and Eric Garner are listed as the crux of the BLM forming. Martin had nothing to do with the police, systemic racism, etc. Brown, even I'm going to say that shooting sounded legit and he was not the "gentle giant" being portrayed as evidenced by that video of him roughing up the tiny store clerk just prior. Now, Garner I'll give the nod to that incident, in that while he was non-compliant, the video clearly shows a small crowd of overly zealous cops.

As I said, flash point incidents seem to be haphazard. Tamir Rice? Now, if one is wanting to riot, I'd say that would be a really good reason. That one just springs to mind.

I get what you're saying about the community being pissed and the smallest spark setting them off. I agree this is what happened and am saying it's not helpful in the least to make one's stand over this incident (based on currently known reports of the incident.)

FWIW, I'm not blaming anything on BLM, in fact, I didn't even mention them in what you responded to. I agree it's not like they're in charge of communities.


they're not haphazard, and it doesn't take a phd (actually most phd's are too busy counting trees to see the forest ime)

 

the reason why those three deaths would be particularly incendiary is plain for anybody with the sense to see. furthermore, i strongly suspect that it's for precisely the same reason that you think the Rice example is particularly outrageous. 

post #5364 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

You do know that blacks are often stopped multiple times even when doing nothing wrong right? Ever heard of 'driving while black' or 'stop and frisk' (in NY)? 

The usual suspects were trying to discount the experiences of a black Republican Senator who got stopped eleven times in a year, including several times for suspicion of driving a stolen vehicle.

I'm sure lots of white Senators get pulled over because they were driving too nice a car. Clearly he's just a dumb sheep who only feels persecuted because "the media" has been pushing a false narrative his whole life.
post #5365 of 6081
Here, it's argued that BLM is more about radical social upheaval and anti-capitalism ( in general ), than primarily about Black people.

Using Black Lives Matter movement to redefine the American experience into anti-Capitalist upheaval

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/08/research-report-blacklivesmatter-more-about-radical-social-upheaval-than-black-lives/

If you think the Black Lives Matter movement is just or even primarily about “Black Lives,” then you don’t understand the movement.

A new research report, based on detailed interviews with those active in the movement, demonstrates that the organized movement is a vehicle for a radical leftist anti-Capitalist agenda, using “Black Lives” as the hook.
post #5366 of 6081
That looks like a credible source without any glaringly obvious sources of bias.



dozingoff.gif
post #5367 of 6081
That's ataturk's favorite website! I remember him linking it before
post #5368 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

That's ataturk's favorite website! I remember him linking it before

It doesn't have a single story about Trump in the first couple dozen articles I scanned, versus many (all negative) about Clinton.


Alternative media is fun.
post #5369 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

And? You don't break down drug offenses into possession versus distribution, but I'm sure it's skewed toward the latter. Do you consider dealing drugs a victimless crime?

I don't know what they consider public order offenses so it's hard to say, but googling suggests that public order offenses aren't all "victimless" crimes. http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/947.pdf
LOL. Unauthorized use of a telephone. The humanity.
post #5370 of 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I continue to be puzzled by which incidents trigger outrage and riots and which do not . . . s does nothing to further any reasonable agenda.

Your problem is assuming that there is any sort of reasonable agenda here at all. There is so much boredom, anger, and tension in those communities and pissed off people will seize on an opportunity to wyle out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?