or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 335

post #5011 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


So...what's the excuse for shooting and then handcuffing the wrong guy again? And uh...not handcuffing (or even disarming) the guy they supposedly thought had a gun?

 

de-toying

post #5012 of 6072
Although I do think it's funny the guy that claims to be an old hippy is apparently in approval of the police actions in this case as evidenced by his thumbing of 'Turk.
post #5013 of 6072

wait a minute... you seriously peep thumbs so you can see who your make-believe political enemies are?

post #5014 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

wait a minute... you seriously peep thumbs so you can see who your make-believe political enemies are?

I have no enemies; only admirers.

You don't look at who thumbs a post once in awhile? confused.gif
post #5015 of 6072

well i wouldn't ascribe intent! dude thumbs something and he's all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

apparently in approval of the police actions in this case as evidenced by his thumbing of 'Turk.

cmon man! 

post #5016 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

well i wouldn't ascribe intent! dude thumbs something and he's all:
cmon man! 

Why else does one thumb something unless they agree with the poster? confused.gif

Also, you don't occasionally see who thumbed a post? confused.gif
post #5017 of 6072

because they appreciate the elegance of sentence structure? 

 

actually it took me like a year to even notice those buttons on the bottom of the box. i'm pretty lo-fi.

 

while i will admit to peeping but i wouldn't drag a thumber into an argument just for a thumb. nor am i defending anybody but it strikes me as akin to Ron Artest diving into the stands to beat up a heckler.

post #5018 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

because they appreciate the elegance of sentence structure? 

actually it took me like a year to even notice those buttons on the bottom of the box. i'm pretty lo-fi.

while i will admit to peeping but i wouldn't drag a thumber into an argument just for a thumb. nor am i defending anybody but it strikes me as akin to Ron Artest diving into the stands to beat up a heckler.

Each to his own.
post #5019 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Right, like that case where the police sniper was convicted of murder. "Yes, he was executing hostages. But how'd you know that when all you could see was the top of his head through a scope? Don't tell me what your spotter said -- you can't shoot people based on what someone else perceives!"

Oh please, this is just pathetic.
post #5020 of 6072

in any case i'm relieved that the systemic racism trope is falling by the wayside for a few reasons: the first is that it doesn't seem to be at issue with in the toy truck deal. i'll bet that the plain truth is that the cop in question showed up scared, couldn't make sense of the situation, and simply closed his eyes and started shooting. and then started mopping up with a shoestring story.

 

the second is that systemic racism isn't a helpful or constructive diagnosis. which "system" are we even discussing? 

 

it's funny that people will count angels dancing on pins to prove that there is a marginal skew of violence this way or that but if what everyone agrees on is that police abuses exist across the board (at any magnitude) then why not start there? would BLM supporters really feel better if only white citizens were victimized by police? 

post #5021 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

in any case i'm relieved that the systemic racism trope is falling by the wayside for a few reasons: the first is that it doesn't seem to be at issue with in the toy truck deal. i'll bet that the plain truth is that the cop in question showed up scared, couldn't make sense of the situation, and simply closed his eyes and started shooting. and then started mopping up with a shoestring story.

Well that certainly makes me feel better about the state of policing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post


the second is that systemic racism isn't a helpful or constructive diagnosis. which "system" are we even discussing? 

Please tell me that's not a serious question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

it's funny that people will count angels dancing on pins to prove that there is a marginal skew of violence this way or that but if what everyone agrees on is that police abuses exist across the board (at any magnitude) then why not start there? 

Not everyone here agrees with this...which is the point of so much of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

would BLM supporters really feel better if only white citizens were victimized by police?

Again, please tell me this is not a serious question.
post #5022 of 6072
post #5023 of 6072

She disobeyed the lawful order concerning where her foot should be so deserved everything she got. Also, the cops comments about black folk should in now way be taken as another data point concerning systemic racism in policing.
post #5024 of 6072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Please tell me that's not a serious question.

 

please tell me that's not a serious answer

post #5025 of 6072
I didn't understand the original issue.
He didn't actually pull her over- she had pulled over to get groceries and had parked; the cop pulled in behind her and he then walked up to her car.

He also marked in his report a 'level 3' use of force - no injuries or complaint. Yeah, police reports aren't biased at all.

Her foot isn't allowed to be outside the vehicle if they're talking?

Because it matters to some people in this thread - she is an elementary school teacher(full time job), currently pursuing a masters. (So yeah, a productive member of society)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?