or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 301

post #4501 of 6095
Quote:
The four officers who left have taken their names off a list of those who may work future games.

Uh...Is that just a fancy way of avoiding having to say they were fired for abandoning their post?
post #4502 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Uh...Is that just a fancy way of avoiding having to say they were fired for abandoning their post?

LOL
post #4503 of 6095
You guys know where I stand on the issue of cops but I have to say what the b-ball players did, and the results, are both fine with me. As we always point out free speech doesn't mean expressing your opinion is going to be free of consequences. What's good for CFA is good for the WNBA (and to forestall things I'm not drawing a parallel between the messages but rather the give and take in using one's free speech rights.)

The cops were obviously sour grapes.
post #4504 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Uh...Is that just a fancy way of avoiding having to say they were fired for abandoning their post?
it's not a post, they were doing private security work.
post #4505 of 6095

probably the most attention the WNBA got in years

post #4506 of 6095

Yeah, I think it is one thing if they were on duty as tax-payer funded cops or doing private security work.

post #4507 of 6095
Still walking out on a security job is no the most responsible thing to do.
post #4508 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross22 View Post

Still walking out on a security job is no the most responsible thing to do.

 

Walking out on a private job is between the employer and the employee.  Walking out on a taxpayer funded job to me is completely different.

post #4509 of 6095
Ah, so it's perfectly okay then? No, It's still a stupid thing to do.

You were hired to do a job. You didn't do the job.
post #4510 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


I guess cops can have tributes and public events for their dead, but not those whom are killed by cops; it's okay to leave your post and go home.

The five murdered officers in Dallas were unquestionably innocent. Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that those other two guys did not deserve to be shot? As far as I know, new evidence has not been released and the investigations have just begun. The tapes look bad, but if experience tells us anything it's to wait for things to play out.
post #4511 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

The five murdered officers in Dallas were unquestionably innocent. Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that those other two guys did not deserve to be shot? As far as I know, new evidence has not been released and the investigations have just begun. The tapes look bad, but if experience tells us anything it's to wait for things to play out.

When did experience tell us that?
post #4512 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that those other two guys did not deserve to be shot?

Deserve to be shot?

post #4513 of 6095

Neither of those guys deserved to be shot, athletes have the right to express their voice, and the security guards made their cause look worse by walking out.

post #4514 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Ah, so it's perfectly okay then? No, It's still a stupid thing to do.

You were hired to do a job. You didn't do the job.

The obvious reply is those b-ball players were hired to play b-ball and not make political statements while on the job.

Both groups of people were did what they felt was correct due to their biases.
post #4515 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

The five murdered officers in Dallas were unquestionably innocent. Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that those other two guys did not deserve to be shot? As far as I know, new evidence has not been released and the investigations have just begun. The tapes look bad, but if experience tells us anything it's to wait for things to play out.

Well that question is kind of moot as they're fucking dead...which is sort of the national conversation at the moment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?