or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 274

post #4096 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Why isn't the video being released?

Presumably to avoid contaminating the jury pool, since the cop is being prosecuted. You don't want people watching evidence that hasn't been admitted by the court, or hearing second-hand summaries of it (especially from the media).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Dude, he was crawling on hands and knees. You can't just shoot people in the fucking head. Full stop.

There's no question whatsoever from the various accounts that the guy made a furtive movement before he was shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Where are you getting this information from anyway?

The police investigator's report tells what the video shows. It's here: https://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Transcript-of-Daniel-Shaver-shooting.pdf

I don't have a link to a transcript of the woman who was with him's police interview, but it's online somewhere.
post #4097 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

You mean this? $12.99

http://www.tacticalgearjunkie.com/diamond-engraved-556-ejection-port-dust-cover-youre-fucked/

Who cares?

If I have to explain why this is troublesome, in someone the state has invested the power of deadly force in, nothing I say will register.
post #4098 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post


The police investigator's report tells what the video shows. It's here: https://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Transcript-of-Daniel-Shaver-shooting.pdf

I don't have a link to a transcript of the woman who was with him's police interview, but it's online somewhere.

You say his account is biased, but then you post that you got your info from the police report?

post #4099 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

You say his account is biased, but then you post that you got your info from the police report?

It's the only evidence available at the moment. And it is, actually, evidence, unlike the collection of omissions, insinuations, and misleading suggestions that was originally posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If I have to explain why this is troublesome, in someone the state has invested the power of deadly force in, nothing I say will register.

I guess you will, because people have been doing stuff like that forever.

bv2fFiF.jpg

http://mentalfloss.com/article/63739/sarcastic-jokes-found-roman-bullets

Inscriptions from ancient Roman lead shot:
Quote:
“Ouch!”

“For Pompey’s Backside!”

“Take this!”

“Be lodged well!”

“Fruit for Dessert!”

“This is a Hard Nut to Crack!”

“Here’s a sugar plum for you!”
post #4100 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

It's the only evidence available at the moment. And it is, actually, evidence, unlike the collection of omissions, insinuations, and misleading suggestions that was originally posted.

Merely because it's "evidence" does not mean it's factual, complete, and/or accurate. I think the cop that lied in his report concerning the arrest of Sandra Bland might have found this out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I guess you will, because people have been doing stuff like that forever.

You do realize there's a different between a military force and a police force? One is to kill people and break things and the other, at least theoretically, is designed to do exactly the opposite, i.e. "protect and serve."
post #4101 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post


It's the only evidence available at the moment. And it is, actually, evidence, unlike the collection of omissions, insinuations, and misleading suggestions that was originally posted.
I guess you will, because people have been doing stuff like that forever.
 

So you're agreeing that it is biased as well?

post #4102 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I guess you will, because people have been doing stuff like that forever.


You do realize there's a different between a military force and a police force? One is to kill people and break things and the other, at least theoretically, is designed to do exactly the opposite, i.e. "protect and serve."[/quote]
You do realize there's a different between a military force and a police force? One is to kill people and break things and the other, at least theoretically, is designed to do exactly the opposite, i.e. "protect and serve."[/quote]
That this is not self evident is disturbing as hell. Maybe we should just change "protect and serve " to "kill em' all let God sort em' out. Who cares indeed
post #4103 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Merely because it's "evidence" does not mean it's factual, complete, and/or accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So you're agreeing that it is biased as well?

Anybody can be biased. Speculating about how the investigator might have lied, or how his perception might have been colored (like when he says the video shows the guy being shot while making a motion consistent with drawing a pistol), or whatever, is all well and good and has its place. But presenting a statement of the facts and issues without even acknowledging that there are two sides to this story is dishonest (actually, there seems to be just one for many of the facts that were omitted, but whatever).
Quote:
You do realize there's a different between a military force and a police force? One is to kill people and break things and the other, at least theoretically, is designed to do exactly the opposite, i.e. "protect and serve."

Are they not both "someone the state has invested the power of deadly force in"? And I guess I fail to see the difference -- the cops aren't there to protect everyone, all the time, obviously, since they're generally protecting people from each other. They don't carry guns for nothing. But in once case it's just good fun and in the other it evidences psychopathy? Give me a break.

Not to mention that a quick googling seems to suggest that by far the most popular pop culture utterance of the words has a different meaning than you might expect:
post #4104 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

There's no question whatsoever from the various accounts that the guy made a furtive movement before he was shot.
The police investigator's report tells what the video shows. It's here: https://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Transcript-of-Daniel-Shaver-shooting.pdf
.

Yeah, I just read through that and it pretty much says exactly the same thing the transcript you take exception to.

The guy was sobbing, crying please don't kill me, had done everything the police told him to, was face down hands in front of him legs crossed. Then he was told to crawl forward which he did. He moved his hand, which is necessary to do in order to crawl, and was shot for it. According to the police report the victim was cooperating in every way he could though out the entire encounter.

This guy was executed in cold blood and the cop who killed him should go to prison.

He was wearing fucking gym shorts. where was the hidden weapon? The rifle they were called about? Did the pig fucker think he had it in his shorts?
post #4105 of 6075
Keep sucking that cop cock, Ata. You never disappoint.
post #4106 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Yeah, I just read through that and it pretty much says exactly the same thing the transcript you take exception to.

The guy was sobbing, crying please don't kill me, had done everything the police told him to, was face down hands in front of him legs crossed. Then he was told to crawl forward which he did. He moved his hand, which is necessary to do in order to crawl, and was shot for it. According to the police report the victim was cooperating in every way he could though out the entire encounter.

This guy was executed in cold blood and the cop who killed him should go to prison.

He was wearing fucking gym shorts. where was the hidden weapon? The rifle they were called about? Did the pig fucker think he had it in his shorts?

Inexplicable. Did you not read this?
Quote:
SHAVER could be seen with his braced left hand and his right hand moving back towards his waist with his elbow raised behind him. SHAVER's head appeared to be down with his face looking at the carpet. What appeared to be multiple voices, including Sgt. Langley's, then began to say "Don't" as SHAVER's hand moved back toward the front of his body. When his hand moves toward the front it is very slightly balled and his thumb is towards the top. Ofc. Brailsford fired his first shot as SHAVER's hand was moving toward the front of his body and as at least one officer was heard saying "Don't".

[...]

The movement of SHAVER'S right arm in the recording was very similar motion to someone drawing a pistol from their waist band.

[It also says it was consistent with him trying to pull his pants up.]

The report also details lots of bizarre behavior by Shaver. He points guns out the window, he's drunk, he moves his hands towards his body despite repeated commands not to do it. He starts crying for no apparent reason. The report also notes that the videos from other cops show them tensing up or pointing guns at Shaver when the one who shot him fired.

I find this emphasis on the "transcript" to be puzzling as well. Do you really think people who pull guns on cops say something like "You'll die now, copper!" as they do it? I know this idea can't be completely foreign to you since y'all have no problem disbelieving cops who say "stop resisting" while beating someone.
post #4107 of 6075
Pulling pants up == killable offense now.

'He starts crying' There's like 3 cops there, and he's on the floor in gym shorts facing the ground. One is pointing a gun at him and threatening him. Why is crying bizarre
post #4108 of 6075
If you look like this you should not be given a gun and the right to shoot people for the government.
post #4109 of 6075
I don't know if a cops job is to 'shoot people for the government' inthe first place. Pretty sure that's the SEAL Team 6 job description

Cops job is last resort to use a gun.

Not 'we have 4 cops vs one guy laying on the ground in gym shorts, and he twitched because he's scared out of his damn mind'. Can the cop honestly say he was scared for his life on a 3(or 4) v 1 vs a guy on the ground face down?
Edited by venividivicibj - 5/29/16 at 3:53pm
post #4110 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Inexplicable. Did you not read this?
[It also says it was consistent with him trying to pull his pants up.]

The report also details lots of bizarre behavior by Shaver. He points guns out the window, he's drunk, he moves his hands towards his body despite repeated commands not to do it. He starts crying for no apparent reason. The report also notes that the videos from other cops show them tensing up or pointing guns at Shaver when the one who shot him fired.

I find this emphasis on the "transcript" to be puzzling as well. Do you really think people who pull guns on cops say something like "You'll die now, copper!" as they do it? I know this idea can't be completely foreign to you since y'all have no problem disbelieving cops who say "stop resisting" while beating someone.

Being drunk is not bizarre behavior. And the reports just says that the witness thought he was drunk based on how much had been drunk from a bottle. Maybe he spaced that amount over days? Anyway, who cars? Being drunk is your hotel room is not reason for suspicion.

Crying? Maybe because he (correctly) thought he was about to be shot in the head by a fucking psyco? The guy who was aiming an AR at him for no good reason. (remember, while the cops might not have know it, the victim knew full well he was unarmed and had not committed any crime).

The report says several times that it the victim was following or attempting to follow all the police commands. And that he was on all fours begging for his life, face down, hands out.

Anyway, I'm done. Even if they found a signed confession from the pig saying "I want to go out and kill tonight" it would not matter to you. When it comes to cops, you're just a blind supporter, logic, facts, and reason don't play into it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?