or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 226

post #3376 of 6244
Since when do rich people send their kids to Public schools full of poors?
post #3377 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I went to school in the intermediate period of time, where physical discipline didn't happen but the culture of total indulgence of children hadn't developed yet. Teachers had no issues keeping the class under control, and nobody went home afraid of authority figures. Seems like the best of both worlds, but it relies on the parents holding kids accountable and not just blaming the teachers for everything.

Yes, parents have to be involved. Some of my peers in school the parents were that problem.

These two brothers did crimes up to robbing banks. I don't think they had bullets in their guns. Their mom must have said, robbing is one thing, but shooting people is quite another. Another couple of brothers they robbed banks with started to shoot their way out when cops showed up. Over time they killed 7 cop's, injured many more, were on the fbi 10 most wanted list and eventually were shot dead. Two were neighbors. They all went to the same elementary school I went to. It pays to stay out of the wrong crowd.
post #3378 of 6244
Wut.
post #3379 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Yes, parents have to be involved. Some of my peers in school the parents were that problem.

These two brothers did crimes up to robbing banks. I don't think they had bullets in their guns. Their mom must have said, robbing is one thing, but shooting people is quite another. Another couple of brothers they robbed banks with started to shoot their way out when cops showed up. Over time they killed 7 cop's, injured many more, were on the fbi 10 most wanted list and eventually were shot dead. Two were neighbors. They all went to the same elementary school I went to. It pays to stay out of the wrong crowd.

Some of the things greger has said has to put his age at 65 or older. Imagine the odds of two families having brothers that rob banks go to your grade school in the 1950s.
post #3380 of 6244
post #3381 of 6244
greger fascinates me. Every poast is like a few second of readership of the condition of a Kubrick movie.
post #3382 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Some of the things greger has said has to put his age at 65 or older. Imagine the odds of two families having brothers that rob banks go to your grade school in the 1950s.

Pretty close. But not quite that old. The two oldest brothers would be really close to that. Maybe the oldest two were junior high-7grd.

Needless to say they were not the only criminal minds in school. Middle school added some more to the collection.
post #3383 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

I read about a school system in California where they set up breakfast for the poor children. They did so well at this that the rich people started using it, and gladly raised their taxes to pay for it. Sounded like the children liked it and convenient for the parents.


This resembles complete horseshit. I doubt this happened. You have quite the ability to exaggerate, manipulate actual stories, and/or leave out pertinent facts. I'm calling bullshit on this too.
post #3384 of 6244
Harold, please. greger is one of our finest minds, approaching JA level intellectual excellence.
post #3385 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I'm not entirely joking either. One of the biggest strains on our school system right now is that they've been pressed into becoming a huge part of the social service network. Teachers are part social worker, and part educator. The fraction varies. In these distressed districts, they're probably more social worker. The schools themselves certainly spend as many resources on social work as education. The schools and the police are the only parts of government the public sees in shitty areas, remove the schools from the equation and it might get ugly(ier).

There was a documentary I used to watch, The Wire, and it caught all this on video.
post #3386 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

This resembles complete horseshit. I doubt this happened. You have quite the ability to exaggerate, manipulate actual stories, and/or leave out pertinent facts. I'm calling bullshit on this too.

Articles in the local newspaper. And it is quite logical; some parents like to deal with less child care in the morning of hustle and bustle. After all, the cost of breakfast at home is diverted to school. The reason for feeding the poor with breakfast is so many of these children weren't getting it at home and there minds couldn't concentrate (Food is rather important and schools other places have had these problems to). This stuff is just common knowledge. Have you been skipping breakfast?
post #3387 of 6244
The food program is a scam. I remember they would give us these papers to fill out to see if I qualified for it, and my parents would lie so I can qualify. I would get a calendar with yellow stubs, so I could use for breakfast, and lunch. My dad had his own business, and there was always plenty of food at home. At the time I thought it was a little strange, but didn't think much of it. Now I look back, and I can clearly see how much my family leeched off the system. Fucking embarrassing.

Also remember firemen coming to our school to give us toys around Xmas time. Thought it was so cool at the time, but they only showed up, because we were poor.
post #3388 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Articles in the local newspaper. And it is quite logical; some parents like to deal with less child care in the morning of hustle and bustle. After all, the cost of breakfast at home is diverted to school. The reason for feeding the poor with breakfast is so many of these children weren't getting it at home and there minds couldn't concentrate (Food is rather important and schools other places have had these problems to). This stuff is just common knowledge. Have you been skipping breakfast?


Now it's a local newspaper, so there's no way we can verify it. Keep digging that hole.


Things have certainly changed in the 20+ years since I was in school. Back then we mocked the poors who got free food. Now it's so common it's not even a cause for shame. Pathetic.
post #3389 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

The one following that one is way worse:

Because it's a "Black Student"?
post #3390 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

I'm sure they'll have camps where the po' kids can congregate for their 3 hots and a cot.
Do sexy robot bodies need food?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?