or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 216

post #3226 of 6095
Don't come from the gated community do I?
post #3227 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Don't come from the gated community do I?

You should be behind a gate.
post #3228 of 6095
Two separate outside experts agree cops can shoot someone reaching for a gun (i.e., Tamir Rice). One says:
Quote:
The after acquired information - that the individual was twelve-years-old, and the weapon in question was an “airsoft gun”- is not relevant to a constitutional review of Officer Loehmann’s actions.

Imagine that!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us/2-outside-reviews-say-cleveland-officer-acted-reasonably-in-shooting-tamir-rice-12.html?_r=0
post #3229 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

What about Muslim transients?

It's like the Muslim San Francisco or Santa Monica!






post #3230 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Two separate outside experts agree cops can shoot someone reaching for a gun (i.e., Tamir Rice). One says:
Imagine that!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us/2-outside-reviews-say-cleveland-officer-acted-reasonably-in-shooting-tamir-rice-12.html?_r=0

I don't remember folks in this thread thinking that was really an unjustified shooting so glad to see our collective judgment was on point. Makes me wonder if our collective judgement about other shootings are on point? Nah, we'd be just like the IA guy that was fired for not reaching the "proper" conclusions.
post #3231 of 6095
It doesn't matter what conclusion you reach, it's how you get there.

Like the proverbial broken clock.
post #3232 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Two separate outside experts agree cops can shoot someone reaching for a gun (i.e., Tamir Rice). One says:
Imagine that!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us/2-outside-reviews-say-cleveland-officer-acted-reasonably-in-shooting-tamir-rice-12.html?_r=0

Have you taken absence of your mind. Cops who don't think so not belong as cops. The child wasn't reaching for a gun. The facts that the cop didn't even think that child is doing child stuff disqualifies you and the cop who shot from being a cop. When you don't know, or forgotten what law enforcement is then how can you do it. Like anything other job, if you can't do it your fire.

Ataturk, every thing you say is against the purpose of law enforcement. That is every argument you say. I could go into a lot more detail about.
post #3233 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Have you taken absence of your mind. Cops who don't think so not belong as cops. The child wasn't reaching for a gun. The facts that the cop didn't even think that child is doing child stuff disqualifies you and the cop who shot from being a cop. When you don't know, or forgotten what law enforcement is then how can you do it. Like anything other job, if you can't do it your fire.

Ataturk, every thing you say is against the purpose of law enforcement. That is every argument you say. I could go into a lot more detail about.

What if God told him to do it?
post #3234 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

What if God told him to do it?

Then he's mentally ill. God can only tell us to do good things.
post #3235 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

What if God told him to do it?

Then he's mentally ill. God can only tell us to do good things.

When God tells you to do good things it just means you are a nice loony.
post #3236 of 6095
lawyerdad, did law school teach you to suck your thumb?
post #3237 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

lawyerdad, did law school teach you to suck your thumb?

No idea, I was drunk for much of law school and don't remember that much.
post #3238 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No idea, I was drunk for much of law school and don't remember that much.

Oh, you went to a good school.
post #3239 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Oh, you went to a good school.

So I'm told.
post #3240 of 6095
http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/car-starts-to-weave-into-your-lane-you-knock-bang-to-get-their

Not filled with details, but it looks like:
Off duty cop in civilian vechicle driving home erratically/swerving into marked bike lane.
Cyclist knocks on window (with disputed amount of force, but no damage caused) to alert him to his presence.
Cop decides to abuse power because "fuck this abnoxious prick for wanting to not get run over"
Cop tells duty officer he was stopped, cyclist and witness say he was moving.
Cop tells witness he doesn't need her information/statement and that she should leave. Cyclist says she should stay.
Bystander gets witness's information and tries to give it to cyclist.
Cop tells bystander he is not allowed to give him the information, but that he will take it (what are the odds that it ever resurfaces).

Only silver lining is that it appears the Cyclist is a lawyer and the cop might not get away with this abuse thanks to witnesses. From what I can tell, he's a clerk for a district court judge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?