or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 197

post #2941 of 6095

 

 

In the officers' defense Blake is a scary looking dude

 

6357665432494912505750141_24_usop1_20150831_jic_058.jpg?quality=80&w=400

post #2942 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


In the officers' defense Blake is a scary looking dude

6357665432494912505750141_24_usop1_20150831_jic_058.jpg?quality=80&w=400

An officer could reasonably conclude that he's covering up his left hand to hide the fact that it's holding a weapon.
post #2943 of 6095
Quote:
Blake said the officer, who he said was not wearing a badge, picked him up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and said, "Don't say a word."

Blake said he responded, "I'm going to do whatever you say. I'm going to cooperate. But do you mind if I ask what this is all about?"

If the cops had shot him it would have been totally justifiable. I mean, right here he's admitting saying three sentences after he was given a lawful order not to say a single word. Guy is lucky to be alive but thank god everyone got home safe at the end of their shifts!
post #2944 of 6095
Would it not have been easier to ask for his id? I mean he suspected of identity theft(if you trust the oinkers) not killing mutiple people.
post #2945 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

Would it not have been easier to ask for his id? I mean he suspected of identity theft(if you trust the oinkers) not killing mutiple people.

Never underestimate a cop's propensity for violence.
post #2946 of 6095
They are making a bid deal about that because he is "known."
That shit happens every day of the year.
post #2947 of 6095
Not disagreeing but since the first cop to jump him was not in uniform and apparently did not say he was a pig before jumping him. The guy could have defended himself no?
post #2948 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Never underestimate a cop's propensity for violence.
They are cops I never doubt that.
post #2949 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

Not disagreeing but since the first cop to jump him was not in uniform and apparently did not say he was a pig before jumping him. The guy could have defended himself no?

Sure. 5 unidentified cops vs 1 retired tennis player. That sound like good odds.
Past guys who did that ended up getting chocked to death.
post #2950 of 6095
Or choked for five seconds. But I guess I can see how people could think otherwise since it's not like there's a video or some irrefutable proof Garner wasn't actually choked to death.
post #2951 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Or choked for five seconds. But I guess I can see how people could think otherwise since it's not like there's a video or some irrefutable proof Garner wasn't actually choked to death.

Choking was the proximal cause though, no? His ticker decided to give out at that moment due to the actions of the cops, no?
post #2952 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Or choked for five seconds. But I guess I can see how people could think otherwise since it's not like there's a video or some irrefutable proof Garner wasn't actually choked to death.

I was referring to E Garner. Not sure which Garner you were referring to who was choked for 5 seconds.
post #2953 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

I was referring to E Garner. Not sure which Garner you were referring to who was choked for 5 seconds.

You're talking about the same guy but 'Turk is (rightly) pointing out the cause of death was not the choke hold. The choke hold plus the take down was probably the triggering stimuli for the cardiac failure at that very moment but it was not the cause of death (at least to my understanding/memory).
post #2954 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You're talking about the same guy but 'Turk is (rightly) pointing out the cause of death was not the choke hold. The choke hold plus the take down was probably the triggering stimuli for the cardiac failure at that very moment but it was not the cause of death (at least to my understanding/memory).

I know....I was just wondering which video he looked at where Garner was choked for 5 seconds?

I believe he(pretty sure it was him) said the same thing a while back and then after looking at the vid again, he conceded that it(the choking) was longer than he was stating.
(If it was not Ataturk...apologies. But I believe it was.)
post #2955 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Choking was the proximal cause though, no? His ticker decided to give out at that moment due to the actions of the cops, no?

We don't know because they won't release the autopsy or the ME's report.

But the gist of it seems to be that he had a heart attack and died. The ME decided that the heart attack was caused by asphyxiation--which they attributed to asthma, positional asphyxia, and a "choke hold." I'm sure that the choke hold (assuming for the sake of argument that it happened) didn't help him breathe, but it's really, really obvious from the video that he died because he couldn't survive the stress of the arrest, and to the extent he was killed by asphyxiation it was because he was too fat and sick to breathe while lying on his stomach (i.e., positional asphyxiation, which is a real thing). But it's something that took a long time to really hurt him, since he was obviously still breathing, just not enough to support his 450lbs or whatever he weighed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?