or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTF over-zealous police? - Page 193

post #2881 of 6095
I am confused ( but that happens often as I am only slightly more intelligent than your average cop) was there the potential to dragged or was it occuring as he went all all gangsta? Because it seems the vehicle only moves after the execution.

That said ataturk if i remember correctly actually defended the pig that shot an unarmed guy in the back... so what can you really expect.
post #2882 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

So nothing?


I guess if you consider being charged with murder nothing, then yeah, nothing.

Quote:
He was dragged


He was not dragged. The video makes this clear.

Quote:
and was in a significant danger of being run over had he fallen under the vehicle.


He has a significant danger of dying if he jumps off a building. He caused the incident and any potential (which is doubtful there was any) to be run over by violating his training and reaching into the car.

Quote:
I don't recall him saying anything about being seriously injured. Perhaps you should read your comment above....


At first he reported on the air that he wasn't injured, then that his left arm was injured, then after he went to the hospital he was cleared and given aspirin.

Quote:
I did not say they were accorded absolute deference. But they do not have to retreat, they have the power of arrest and thus are largely shielded from the charge that they are aggressors in the conflict leading to the shooting (which defeats a claim of self-defense, for you laymen out there).


No one has said he has a duty to retreat, that's irrelevant here. He violated his training and protocols and wound up killing someone who should not have wound up dead. The death was due to his stupidity, not to his refusing to retreat.

Quote:
It's really a sign of the times that you can say that with a straight face. And a minute ago you said the cop's behavior was reckless. What is recklessness if not ignoring danger?


Danger to a third person - Dubose.
post #2883 of 6095
Harv, I can get you appointed "of counsel" to the Houston #BlackLivesmatter group.

This is a pro bono, purely non-pay honorary position with great prestige accruing. You in or out?



You will meet some great people.

PS: Turk, I love your posts and generally agree with you, but I don't think In could get you this post.
post #2884 of 6095
Watch Another Heated Traffic Stop Made by Cop Accused of Killing Samuel DuBose

http://abcnews.go.com/US/watch-heated-traffic-stop-made-cop-accused-killing/story?id=32802649

I wonder if this tape was a matter of public record, or the Police Dept. released it openly or surreptitiously to help their prosecution.

These cases get nasty, do they not?

The question I have is a chicken or egg type question. Is Tensing targeting solely black people for these type of stops ( like DuBose and this one ), or does he patrol in an area where nearly 100% of the people susceptible to these incidents are black? He stopped Dubose for no front plate, and this driver for a dragging bumper. I'm really asking, is there any way to find out if he had an opportunity to stop white drivers for this type of thing and if he did so.

We already know that Tensing is "aggressive" in his traffic enforcement policies ( from a PD review of Tensing ). But is he aggressive only in a racist way?
post #2885 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Watch Another Heated Traffic Stop Made by Cop Accused of Killing Samuel DuBose

http://abcnews.go.com/US/watch-heated-traffic-stop-made-cop-accused-killing/story?id=32802649

I wonder if this tape was a matter of public record, or the Police Dept. released it openly or surreptitiously to help their prosecution.

These cases get nasty, do they not?


The question I have is a chicken or egg type question. Is Tensing targeting solely black people for these type of stops ( like DuBose and this one ), or does he patrol in an area where nearly 100% of the people susceptible to these incidents are black? He stopped Dubose for no front plate, and this driver for a dragging bumper. I'm really asking, is there any way to find out if he had an opportunity to stop white drivers for this type of thing and if he did so.

We already know that Tensing is "aggressive" in his traffic enforcement policies ( from a PD review of Tensing ). But is he aggressive only in a racist way?

 

This can't be good for Tensing

post #2886 of 6095
Tensing clearly had no idea how to handle a traffic stop. Utter incompetence.
post #2887 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Tensing clearly had no idea how to handle a traffic stop. Utter incompetence.
I must disagree. Non compliance and threatening a pig with even a scratch.... (you never know the punk could hiv positive) clearly requires a harsh response
post #2888 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Gin. Bottle looks like it was still sealed though.

Turns out there was fragrance in the bottle marked Gin.

So it must have been opened at some point or else DuBose was drinking some really rank shit!

Bottle in car of Ohio man shot by police held fragrance: coroner


http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/04/us-usa-police-ohio-idUSKCN0Q82DS20150804

I don't see how this discovery changes the case at all.
post #2889 of 6095
WTF, poor people are weird. In Russia the poorz drink cologne, here American poorz wear alcohol fragrances.
post #2890 of 6095
So those cops that ate pot brownies during their raid have come up with a creative defense

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/04/suspended-cops-say-video-of-them-eating

" The Orange County Register reports that three officers who were suspended after the incident are trying to stop the Santa Ana Police Department from using the footage in its internal investigation. Among other things, their lawsuit argues that the officers thought they had disabled all of the security cameras at Sky High Holistic and therefore had a reasonable expectation of privacy. The cops complain that the dispensary never got their permission to record them as they searched the premises."


Life is getting tough for corrupt cops, too many cameras around. Fun to see them trying to say that it should just be illegal to film cops when they don't want you filming them, and smashing your security cameras gives them additional legal protections if they happen to miss one.
post #2891 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

So those cops that ate pot brownies during their raid have come up with a creative defense

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/04/suspended-cops-say-video-of-them-eating

" The Orange County Register reports that three officers who were suspended after the incident are trying to stop the Santa Ana Police Department from using the footage in its internal investigation. Among other things, their lawsuit argues that the officers thought they had disabled all of the security cameras at Sky High Holistic and therefore had a reasonable expectation of privacy. The cops complain that the dispensary never got their permission to record them as they searched the premises."


Life is getting tough for corrupt cops, too many cameras around. Fun to see them trying to say that it should just be illegal to film cops when they don't want you filming them, and smashing your security cameras gives them additional legal protections if they happen to miss one.

That's why they fear cameras more than guns.
post #2892 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

So those cops that ate pot brownies during their raid have come up with a creative defense

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/04/suspended-cops-say-video-of-them-eating

" The Orange County Register reports that three officers who were suspended after the incident are trying to stop the Santa Ana Police Department from using the footage in its internal investigation. Among other things, their lawsuit argues that the officers thought they had disabled all of the security cameras at Sky High Holistic and therefore had a reasonable expectation of privacy. The cops complain that the dispensary never got their permission to record them as they searched the premises."


Life is getting tough for corrupt cops, too many cameras around. Fun to see them trying to say that it should just be illegal to film cops when they don't want you filming them, and smashing your security cameras gives them additional legal protections if they happen to miss one.

Does anyone ever have a reasonable expectation of privacy in someone else's place of business or home?
post #2893 of 6095
If the law is Just, then they won't have privacy in prison.
post #2894 of 6095
Can we have over-zealous judges too?

Judge Dennis Wiley of Michigan is currently in the news for his sentencing of a 19 year old who had consensual sex with a girl who lied about her age, previously presided over this gem:
Quote:
Alfred Butzbaugh, a Berrien County judge who had presided over an election fraud case involving Pinkney was the target of Pinkney’s fondness for bombastic language in an article written for a Chicago paper. In addition to calling Butzbaugh “corrupt,” “dumb,” and a racist, Pinkney wrote:

“Judge Butzbaugh, it shall come to pass…..that all these Curses shall come upon you and your family, curses shalt be in the City of St. Joseph and Cursed shalt thou be in the field, cursed shall come upon you and your family and overtake thee…..The Lord shall smite thee with consumption and with a fever and with an inflammation and with extreme burning. They the demons shall Pursue thee until thou persist.”

This threat, according to Wiley, was a violation of Pinkney’s probation, saying that Pinkney’s title of Reverend gave him a “direct line to the Lord” and that a reasonable person would find this to be a serious threat. Wiley sentenced him to 3-10 years in prison because of the threat’s supposed severity. Pinkney went to prison in June 2008 and remained there until his sentence was thrown out on appeal.

That's right. Because he was a reverend, the threat that "the lord shall smite thee" is thus reasonable and serious.
post #2895 of 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Does anyone ever have a reasonable expectation of privacy in someone else's place of business or home?
Sure. If I wear a ski mask while burglarizing your home, I definitely have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › WTF over-zealous police?