or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › To all the successful, experienced members - Was it all worth it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

To all the successful, experienced members - Was it all worth it? - Page 2

post #16 of 81
Hey, I wasn't saying go after gold diggers,

What I am saying is ask any women that is not a naive twenty something, and they will look for a man who has stability, and is capable of supporting a household, ultimately this means having some assets and steady income.
Edited by bringusingoodale - 2/20/13 at 8:38pm
post #17 of 81
yeah, it's worth it. but only if making money doesnt ruin the best years of your life. it may be possible to earn more money later, but you can't buy back time. but having an income one would consider "enough" is pretty fucking cool

after a certain level of success/income i found myself giving up opportunities to make even more money in favor of a better quality of life, and staying at a job that i found more interesting. i'm still pretty far from 47 though, so maybe my opinion would change if i was that old and hadn't achieved the level of success that i thought i should have
post #18 of 81
Today, I learned that HRoi is 46-years-old.
post #19 of 81

Since many who voice their opinions are a little older, maybe you could use an opinion from a younger person's perspective as well.

 

I'm 24, just started my career for a couple of years now. Of course there are things that I need to worry for the future, a house, a car, this and that. While I still have the energy I am working my ass off now in hoping to be able to enjoy myself in the latter years. I still make it a point to give myself a break from work life every couple of months, to keep my sanity of course. I travel and visit friends just hangout and catch up with them. 

 

Yet again, right now I already am saving up, thinking of where to put my money to bring in the best investment and my time. What you said was also a good point, growing up in a family that is better would eventually yield different results, I've pretty much grew up without having any difficulty to have a proper meal at the end of the day, but that does not mean I am spendthrift nor ungrateful to my family.

 

But hey, I lost a lot of time due to studying and working as well, but all I need are those quality friends whom I've been hanging with for a good 11 years now, same old people, same old stupidity. I guess I am fine with hanging with them, and we only meet once in a couple of months as I do not live in the same country as them. 

 

After all that has been said and done, working, money and power, are just a something to help me reach the end goal. I want to look back at my life and say, "Yep, I've lived." 

post #20 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksGood View Post


Women who put wealth above traditional criteria like personality or even looks are fucking disgusting and I would never want to be with someone like that. 
Well then I suppose it's a good thing that they don't have to deal with you.
post #21 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Today, I learned that HRoi is 46-years-old.
not even 40 yet tongue.gif
post #22 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post

Hey, I wasn't saying go after gold diggers,

What I am saying is ask any women that is not a naive twenty something, and they will look for a man who has stability, and is capable of supporting a household, ultimately this means having some assets and steady income.

You are so wrong.
post #23 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post

Hey, I wasn't saying go after gold diggers,

What I am saying is ask any women that is not a naive twenty something, and they will look for a man who has stability, and is capable of supporting a household, ultimately this means having some assets and steady income.

Yes, a women who is seriously looking to settle down and have a family .. will place some value on income and job stability. But that is VERY short lived. That is the starting criteria before a conversation is even started.

If income/employment is a determining factor in the viability of a relationship .. that is by definition, a 'gold digger'.

And even then .. this is strictly women looking to reproduce. More and more women (especially educated, mid-to-high income earners) are opting out of raising a family .. and these women would be just as happy dating the 35 year old barrista with a big dick and the life of the party .. then the 35 year old IB guy with the personality of a goose shit.
post #24 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

not even 40 yet tongue.gif

Today, I learned HRoi is 39-years-old.

devil.gif
post #25 of 81
Don't make kids and don't marry until you are 39 -That is a recipe for good life. Don't ever have kids or marry - that is a recipe for happiness.
post #26 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahdaeeeee View Post

Since many who voice their opinions are a little older, maybe you could use an opinion from a younger person's perspective as well.

 

I'm 24, just started my career for a couple of years now. Of course there are things that I need to worry for the future, a house, a car, this and that. While I still have the energy I am working my ass off now in hoping to be able to enjoy myself in the latter years. I still make it a point to give myself a break from work life every couple of months, to keep my sanity of course. I travel and visit friends just hangout and catch up with them. 

 

Yet again, right now I already am saving up, thinking of where to put my money to bring in the best investment and my time. What you said was also a good point, growing up in a family that is better would eventually yield different results, I've pretty much grew up without having any difficulty to have a proper meal at the end of the day, but that does not mean I am spendthrift nor ungrateful to my family.

 

But hey, I lost a lot of time due to studying and working as well, but all I need are those quality friends whom I've been hanging with for a good 11 years now, same old people, same old stupidity. I guess I am fine with hanging with them, and we only meet once in a couple of months as I do not live in the same country as them. 

 

After all that has been said and done, working, money and power, are just a something to help me reach the end goal. I want to look back at my life and say, "Yep, I've lived." 

no.

post #27 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post


Well then I suppose it's a good thing that they don't have to deal with you.


lol this guy's mad that women would only date him for money

post #28 of 81
Gold diggers are apparently looking for middle management? The GEC has had a greater impact than I had previously anticipated.
post #29 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You are so wrong.
+1
Of course, the whole premise of most of the answers given -- that there is a "right answer" -- is pretty stupid.

That said, here's the right answer: Stop F**ing Overthinking It.
post #30 of 81

Stop overthinking it is right. And your three goals from the other thread? Geez, it's not as if you have any real problems if those are the options you have to pursue -- you are already ahead of 95% of people, and probably more than 99% of the people who started out where you are.

 

The only issue that I see of yours is that you  are constantly discussing inferiority in some way; position, social life, athleticism. You know what? you're probably not The Most Interesting and Accomplished Man in the World. And that's actually OK. It's OK to have failed at various aspects of different stuff. It's OK to have missed stuff along the way, hell, I dropped out of high school and grad school because of family medical issues, went to a school where I drove my grandfather's car that my father and I got going after having sat in storage for 15 years when everyone else was in new BMW's / Audis / Mercs, etc. I never went on a date in college because I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box and had to work hard to get where I wanted to go; I also commuted so that I could help out with my family's healthcare needs.

 

I had a crisis moment, too, when I dropped out of grad school -- the solution for me was figuring out 1) what aspects of my past were driving my outlook in ways that were not helpful or reasonable, 2) what I really wanted, and 3) what course of action would as efficiently as possible give me the possibilities to attain those goals. I started by taking a Myers-Briggs which I found really useful, also talked to people I really respected (one old Prof of mine, for instance), etc. I also learned to stop comparing myself to others -- my issue was not so much that I felt inferior, I just felt behind. So I set out my goals and am measuring my success relative to....wait for it...what I actually care about. The rest of it is bullshit.

 

Also, to the jackasses who say that life ends after 30 -- fuck 'em. My crisis was around 26-27 or so, and 29-30 were two of my greatest years to date. The young always criticize the old (you die after 30, after 40, after 45, etc), and the old always criticize the young ("youth is wasted on the young"). It's all bullshit, because each set criticizes the other for what they don't have -- the young mock the old for their lack of the accoutrement of youth; the old criticize the young for their lack of wisdom. Guess what, you can't be in both places at once.

 

~ H
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › To all the successful, experienced members - Was it all worth it?