or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Charles Tyrwhitt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charles Tyrwhitt - Page 4

post #46 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Nonsense. You have been severely misinformed by that CT rep. (Unless they've recently changed the fit of all their cuts, which is highly unlikely and would be stupid and extremely aggravating as I just placed an order for four shirts.)

Anyway, check out these videos on the Charles Tyrwhitt YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWw-Mfk49GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDnCPRhzf8Y

From the slim fit video: "This shirt is slimmer in the chest, waist, and hips than our classic fit shirts."

From the tailored (aka "extra slim") fit video: "Slimmer on the chest, waist, and hips than our slim and classic fit shirts..."

Flyswatter - you're right. Charles Tyrwhitt have not changed the sizes of their shirts, just the way they present the measurements (I had this confirmed by a Charles Tyrwhitt sales rep on email). Instead of giving the actual shirt measurements they now give a "to fit chest" measurement.

You can find the old chest measurements at the link below towards the bottom of the page. The table shows that for the chest measurements the Classic Fit is larger than the Slim Fit which is larger than Extra Slim Fit.

http://www.shirtdetective.com/charles-tyrwhitt-shirts/

[Full disclaimer: this is my site and I have affiliate links on it. However, I think it's justified to post a link as it directly addresses the questions above and it's probably the only place on the web you can get this information. If people think this is wrong I'll happily remove the link.]
post #47 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

Flyswatter - you're right. Charles Tyrwhitt have not changed the sizes of their shirts, just the way they present the measurements (I had this confirmed by a Charles Tyrwhitt sales rep on email). Instead of giving the actual shirt measurements they now give a "to fit chest" measurement.

You can find the old chest measurements at the link below towards the bottom of the page. The table shows that for the chest measurements the Classic Fit is larger than the Slim Fit which is larger than Extra Slim Fit.

http://www.shirtdetective.com/charles-tyrwhitt-shirts/

[Full disclaimer: this is my site and I have affiliate links on it. However, I think it's justified to post a link as it directly addresses the questions above and it's probably the only place on the web you can get this information. If people think this is wrong I'll happily remove the link.]

Thanks for that link! Very useful.
post #48 of 444

I've never paid more than $25 a shirt, shipping included. I'll never pay more than that as they always seem to have sales. Personal best was $16.95 shipped using their own $20 off code.

 

Also:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Something strange is going on with their website for US customers right now. 
 
 
This isn't a referral link, but their own promo link for their 4 for $199 special. 
 
If you add four shirts to the basket, a pop-up will appear for another shirt for 25 Pounds (yes, Pounds in US).
It will then say you get a free tie (choose one from six)
The total cost for five shirts and one tie shipped to your door is $119 USD
 

 


Edited by az64q - 2/24/13 at 2:49pm
post #49 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by az64q View Post

I've never paid more than $25 a shirt, shipping included. I'll never pay more than that as they always seem to have sales. Personal best was $16.95 shipped using their own $20 off code.

Also: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Something strange is going on with their website for US customers right now. 
 
http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-shirts/view-all?q=3CSBB1
 
This isn't a referral
 link, but their own promo link for their 4 for $199 special. 

 
If you add four shirts to the basket, a pop-up will appear for another shirt for 25 Pounds (yes, Pounds in US).

It will then say you get a free tie (choose one from six)

The total cost for five shirts and one tie shipped to your door is $119 USD
 

I don't really get that offer. I put in 4 shirts, got the offer for the 5th. nothing about ties, and certainly not at $119
post #50 of 444

I edited the link. Just ran through it again, and it still works.

post #51 of 444
Thanks for posting the link. The discount didn't work until I put the fifth shirt in the basket. Once I did, they went down to $20 each
post #52 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Thanks for posting the link. The discount didn't work until I put the fifth shirt in the basket. Once I did, they went down to $20 each
 

 

No problem, I figured at least a few people here might find it useful.

 

I don't think it's a "discount" as much as it is a website glitch. I think it's charging the number for GBP but in USD. I wonder how long it will take them to correct it. I just placed another order two minutes ago and it still works. I figure for $20, I can gift these out to friends.

post #53 of 444
Well dammit... it works for me. And I just placed an order 2 days ago for 4 shirts at $199 plus a free tie. Question is should I bother canceling that order only to place an order again for 5 shirts at $20 each using the link above...
post #54 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Well dammit... it works for me. And I just placed an order 2 days ago for 4 shirts at $199 plus a free tie. Question is should I bother canceling that order only to place an order again for 5 shirts at $20 each using the link above...

I would.

 

I don't consider their shirts the best in the world, but what they do have is outstanding customer service. And that makes me continue to buy from them. 

 

I would go ahead and order the five before this glitch (if it is a glitch) gets fixed. You can call and cancel your previous order if it hasn't yet shipped (if it was two days ago maybe it hasn't) or just have them ship both orders to you. All of their orders come with a free shipping label for a return, so you can just slap the new sticker on the box and send it back, no questions asked.

post #55 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by az64q View Post

I would.

I don't consider their shirts the best in the world, but what they do have is outstanding customer service. And that makes me continue to buy from them. 

I would go ahead and order the five before this glitch (if it is a glitch) gets fixed. You can call and cancel your previous order if it hasn't yet shipped (if it was two days ago maybe it hasn't) or just have them ship both orders to you. All of their orders come with a free shipping label for a return, so you can just slap the new sticker on the box and send it back, no questions asked.

Thanks for the heads-up on this "hidden promotion". nod[1].gif
Edited by Flyswatter - 2/24/13 at 4:35pm
post #56 of 444
Can someone confirm? Doesnt seem to work for me anymore
post #57 of 444
hasn't worked for me from the beginning.

what browser you guys using.
post #58 of 444

 hey guys, i'm looking to buy my 1st shirt from this site.  Which one do you recommend.  I woujld like to start with a white and light blue, please send me link.  Just trying to see you guys are buying, not looking for the fancy shirts, just to wear to work and maybe it can go with a dark blue jean to go out.  Let me know please.

post #59 of 444
post #60 of 444

^I used Safari on my iPhone. I followed the updated/corrected link from the phone's browser. I did exactly this:

added 4 shirts (have to be 4 for 199, don't do any 2 for 160 or whatever)

Go to shopping cart

It let me pick a tie

I added one more shirt.

Back in my cart, each shirt was $20 and the tie was free.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Charles Tyrwhitt