Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCharles Tyrwhitttagged by GauchoSF, 3/10/15
Related Forum Threads
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting - Page 2post #16 of 4932/18/13 at 5:48pmI love CT shrits, especially the non-iron variety. Two things I've noticed about their shirts - the collars tend to shrink about half an inch, and the sleeves tend to be about an inch shorter than their US counterparts. So, a 16.5 34 might be the way to go and those are pretty proportional sizes. As a frame of reference, I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs with a 42" chest and 16.5/35 slim fits fit me perfectly. I can wear a size 16 shirt and it will look good but it can become distractingly snug throughout the day especially after a big lunch.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 4932/18/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mulp
Their collars are probably their defining characteristic, their collars are very stiff, you wont be let down.
I have 10-20 ct shirts and ive found that their tailored (extra slim) shirts fit me quite well. i am 5'7 150lbs with an athletic build, 15/33 left maybe an inch on both side of extra space, it could be taken in a little more but i havent found any BB shirts to fit this well fwiw.
The collar news is good to hear, but... I'm now reconsidering the extra slim choice. I'm 5'11, 180 lbs with a 31 inch waist (pant size). I wear a 16/35... oh well, I'll find out soon enough. I can always exchange them.Quote:Originally Posted by bjornb17
I love CT shrits, especially the non-iron variety. Two things I've noticed about their shirts - the collars tend to shrink about half an inch, and the sleeves tend to be about an inch shorter than their US counterparts. So, a 16.5 34 might be the way to go and those are pretty proportional sizes. As a frame of reference, I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs with a 42" chest and 16.5/35 slim fits fit me perfectly. I can wear a size 16 shirt and it will look good but it can become distractingly snug throughout the day especially after a big lunch.Thanks for the feedback. I heard the same re: the collars, so I ordered .5" larger as you suggest. I think I may be ok with the extra slim. I called them and they said that the tapering was in the waist, so the shoulders and chest should fit the same. Either way, free returns and all.post #18 of 4932/18/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Thanks for the code!
Was measured at the Charles Tyrwhitt steps away from my office at their 46th and madison store.....unfortunately a lackluster experience but ordered online and looking forward to trying these outpost #19 of 4932/18/13 at 7:31pmpost #20 of 4932/18/13 at 9:34pmThread StarterQuote:
what the hell? How do I have a thicker neck than you when I'm half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter?post #21 of 4932/18/13 at 11:06pmQuote:
Ditto, though it makes me more confident in the extra slim decision. However, Jeff, you must be build like a giraffe. No offense :D You wear the same shirt size I do... at 5'11" 180...post #22 of 4932/19/13 at 5:04ampost #23 of 4932/21/13 at 1:44pmpost #24 of 4932/21/13 at 2:22pmpost #25 of 4932/21/13 at 2:26pm
http://www.groupon.com/deals/charles-tyrwhitt-7?p=5&utm_source=channel_occasions_WED-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=8abd01da-4022-495f-9ba0-891c1cc58593&division=chicago&user=2affe5527ba0f0b869f2131187056a82d9046ee2ae5a23de0ea29d2b5de28717&date=20130221&s=body&c=button&d=groupon_occasions_dealpost #26 of 4932/21/13 at 6:26pmpost #27 of 4932/21/13 at 6:50pmpost #28 of 4932/22/13 at 4:53pmpost #29 of 4932/22/13 at 6:26pm
- Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Dukesbury: Bespoke Exotic Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 17 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 50 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...