or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Wallet Advise
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Wallet Advise

post #1 of 74
Thread Starter 

Hi guys,

 

Im looking for a new wallet and really struggling to find anything i really like. I need minimum 6 cards and notes are if anyone can give me some ideas it would be great.

 

JW

post #2 of 74
Forum sponsor Saddleback Leather
post #3 of 74
I recently bought an 8-card bi fold Paul Smith Wallet... And love it. I am putting six cards in and still stays in tact.

Bought it here - http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/paul-smith-accessories-calfskin-leather-billfold-wallet/3347101?pprd=0

That shows its not available but every so often shows up at 60% off which is how I got it.
post #4 of 74
Personal accessory, such as wallet, needs to be made to order imho. Store bought wallets are lacking in every imaginable way. A good rule of thumb is ; if you saw your wallet at the antique auction would you want to bid on it ?
post #5 of 74
The above post is ridiculous. Wallets are a consumable.
post #6 of 74
Launer, Ettinger.
post #7 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Personal accessory, such as wallet, needs to be made to order imho. Store bought wallets are lacking in every imaginable way. A good rule of thumb is ; if you saw your wallet at the antique auction would you want to bid on it ?

If true, where would you recommend making such an order?
post #8 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

Hi guys,

Im looking for a new wallet and really struggling to find anything i really like. I need minimum 6 cards and notes are if anyone can give me some ideas it would be great.

JW

I am genuinely a big fan of Chester Mox wallets. They're very reasonably priced, and made by hand in the Los Angeles area. I wrote a review of them here, and you can find reviews on PutThisOn and Hodinkee's blogs as well. The affordable laser-cut monogramming/personalization is a nice option on them too.
post #9 of 74
Valextra
post #10 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchosko View Post

I am genuinely a big fan of Chester Mox wallets. They're very reasonably priced, and made by hand in the Los Angeles area. I wrote a review of them here, and you can find reviews on PutThisOn and Hodinkee's blogs as well. The affordable laser-cut monogramming/personalization is a nice option on them too.

Is the stitching like that . . . on purpose?
post #11 of 74

Those Chester Mox wallets look a lot like Makr wallets... Which I think I prefer...  I'm also looking for a new wallet.  Can't really find the right one.  I really like my brother's LV.  http://www.ellst.com/product_images/m/471/Louis_Vuitton_Billfold_Wallet_Damier_Canvas_For_Men__19171_zoom.jpg  There are six card slots (mounted 90 degrees from the standard bill fold) and a standard bill slot in the back.  This orientation shift makes the wallet more square in aspect which I like.  The coated leather seems durable and this version of the LV pattern is a little more classic and a little less gaudy.

post #12 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Viny View Post

Those Chester Mox wallets look a lot like Makr wallets... Which I think I prefer...  I'm also looking for a new wallet.  Can't really find the right one.  I really like my brother's LV.  http://www.ellst.com/product_images/m/471/Louis_Vuitton_Billfold_Wallet_Damier_Canvas_For_Men__19171_zoom.jpg  There are six card slots (mounted 90 degrees from the standard bill fold) and a standard bill slot in the back.  This orientation shift makes the wallet more square in aspect which I like.  The coated leather seems durable and this version of the LV pattern is a little more classic and a little less gaudy.


The LV canvas goods aren't made out of leather (well, the trimming is made of leather).

The monogram/damier canvas parts are actually made out of fabric (canvas, of course), which has been coated in vinyl.
post #13 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


The LV canvas goods aren't made out of leather (well, the trimming is made of leather).

The monogram/damier canvas parts are actually made out of fabric (canvas, of course), which has been coated in vinyl.

Well it certainly is nice.

post #14 of 74
Ettinger makes a decent product in the not too expensive range. I personally like the brown with tan interior. I also like their navy with tan interior.

post #15 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

Hi guys,

Im looking for a new wallet and really struggling to find anything i really like. I need minimum 6 cards and notes are if anyone can give me some ideas it would be great.

JW

I bought mine from MontBlanc about 12 years ago for $275, have used it every day since (that's about 4,000 uses) and it still looks almost new today. By the looks of it, it will likely last me another 10 years. It is a very minimal, classic design so it will never go out of style.
Edited by mkarim - 2/16/13 at 2:34pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Wallet Advise