or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help identify coat material? (Prince William warning)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help identify coat material? (Prince William warning)

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, just a quick question. I really like the look of this coat. I was wondering what material it looks like, as its not the normal (to me boring) navy sport coat. Thanks!

 

Best pic I could find. 

http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Prince+William/hp_5jJEUsb-

post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 

Nobody?  Is it just a suit coat he is using as a separate?

post #3 of 9
Very hard to tell from those photos. It's got some sheen to it--probably either a smooth worsted (I hope not) or possibly something with mohair in it.

I'd actually disagree with you though, this is the quintessential *bad* blazer like what you see from Jos Bank. I would love to see a fabric with some texture.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

this is the quintessential *bad* blazer like what you see from Jos Bank.

Agreed. Bet it's an orphaned suit jacket, too.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivar View Post


Agreed. Bet it's an orphaned suit jacket, too.

That's what I was thinking as well.  

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

Yeah thanks for the thoughts.  I like it because it doesn't seem as stuffy as a patterned/textured jacket but it still looks like a proper fit.  I would like to find a navy blazer that doesn't look like the typical old man navy blazer.

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbstc View Post

Yeah thanks for the thoughts.  I like it because it doesn't seem as stuffy as a patterned/textured jacket but it still looks like a proper fit.  I would like to find a navy blazer that doesn't look like the typical old man navy blazer.

Boy, do you have things to learn ...
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Lol thanks. I'm not saying that textured doesn't have it's place. I have my share of herringbone, tweeds, etc. however I liked this look. Just wondered material.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbstc View Post

Lol thanks. I'm not saying that textured doesn't have it's place. I have my share of herringbone, tweeds, etc. however I liked this look. Just wondered material.

He's getting at the fact that a blazer doesn't give you the play (in terms of colour and fabrics) of the things you deemed "stuffy". Especially not the one pictured, which I would agree could be an orphan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help identify coat material? (Prince William warning)