or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013) - Page 38

post #556 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

research was an issue in the very first episode

That was like, months ago.
post #557 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Stitchy, Stitchy. Ted 100% did not crush Don over Heinz. Not even close did Ted crush Don there.

but rather? did they not buy teds idea in the hotel room while don was left holding his dick?
post #558 of 760

Pretty disappointed to see that Glen is growing up to be a non-awkward part of the show.  Remember when he used to hit on Betty?  Ah, those were the days.  Was that the same season Betty was shooting at birds with a cigarette in her mouth?

post #559 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

but rather? did they not buy teds idea in the hotel room while don was left holding his dick?

Stitch, it was not Ted's idea; it was Peggy's. This is kind of an important thing in the narrative of the show.
post #560 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Stitch, it was not Ted's idea; it was Peggy's. This is kind of an important thing in the narrative of the show.

That, and they didn't buy that idea either. They went with a third agency, hence the reference to joining the "lonely hearts club" when the teams met at the bar.
post #561 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post

Pretty disappointed to see that Glen is growing up to be a non-awkward part of the show.  Remember when he used to hit on Betty?  Ah, those were the days.  Was that the same season Betty was shooting at birds with a cigarette in her mouth?

lol, that glen was funny, but this glen is much cooler and more normal. and as always, good hearted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Stitch, it was not Ted's idea; it was Peggy's. This is kind of an important thing in the narrative of the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

That, and they didn't buy that idea either. They went with a third agency, hence the reference to joining the "lonely hearts club" when the teams met at the bar.

all this is true, but i meant more about how he handled himself in front of/against don. he seemed to lack no confidence and could almost go toe to toe. now he is like a quivering uneasy non-self assured child who doesnt know know what to do every time he finds himself at odds with don. even when don needed ted for sylvias kid, don owned that conversation.
post #562 of 760
Stitch, you're misreading a lot of Ted's character.
post #563 of 760
MAYBE YOU ARE MISREADING A LOT OF TEDS CHARACTER!!!!
post #564 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

all this is true, but i meant more about how he handled himself in front of/against don. he seemed to lack no confidence and could almost go toe to toe. now he is like a quivering uneasy non-self assured child who doesnt know know what to do every time he finds himself at odds with don. even when don needed ted for sylvias kid, don owned that conversation.

Stitch, you said Heinz was "Ted's idea." Again, it was not, and this is sort of an important point. And Ted did not go "toe to toe" with Don over Heinz, Peggy did. She made the pitch, not Ted, while Don pitched for SCDP.

I agree Ted no longer seems like the brash douchebag that phoned Don after he ran that "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" ad but you made several posts on how Ted is just as creative as Don. He's not; not even close. What Ted did was steal Don's protege and that's an important dynamic in this show.
post #565 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I agree Ted no longer seems like the brash douchebag that phoned Don after he ran that "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" ad but you made several posts on how Ted is just as creative as Don. He's not; not even close. What Ted did was steal Don's protege and that's an important dynamic in this show.

Is there a compilation video of early-Ted floating around anywhere? I don't really remember anything about him before he was Peggy's boss.
post #566 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Is there a compilation video of early-Ted floating around anywhere? I don't really remember anything about him before he was Peggy's boss.

I've not seen one but I remember that scene where he totally bagged Don with that prank phone call. It was pretty funny, IMO.
post #567 of 760
Linda Cardellini was on the Daily Show last night talking about Mad Men (and looking beautiful). I guess that means we will see more of Sylvia next week.
post #568 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I've not seen one but I remember that scene where he totally bagged Don with that prank phone call. It was pretty funny, IMO.

And Don more than got him back by burning them on the Honda ad.
post #569 of 760
laugh.gif Yeah, that was far more painful that just a prank phone call. Also awesome was Don writing a repayment cheque out of his own account to the Honda folks and telling them it was dishonorable to have allowed Ted's company to hand in finished product. That was classic Draper.
post #570 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Stitch, you said Heinz was "Ted's idea." Again, it was not, and this is sort of an important point. And Ted did not go "toe to toe" with Don over Heinz, Peggy did. She made the pitch, not Ted, while Don pitched for SCDP.
I agree Ted no longer seems like the brash douchebag that phoned Don after he ran that "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" ad but you made several posts on how Ted is just as creative as Don. He's not; not even close. What Ted did was steal Don's protege and that's an important dynamic in this show.

yes, i certainly mis-stated what i meant, and was off on what happened. the real point is was getting at though i still hold by. which is how he seems utterly unable to compose himself around don, and that did not seem to be an issue for him before the merger.

while the ad idea for heinz was peggys idea, she was afraid to go after it because she only knew about it as a friend of stans, not as a business woman. it was only after teds urging and instance that they need to be somewhat ruthless with the info she came upon, that they contacted heinz and went for the business.

it seems that now that his "competition" with don is no longer as a competing agency, but rather as an equal of sorts, competing for who is who within the company structure, he has kind of lost himself and does not know how to compete in this new situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Linda Cardellini was on the Daily Show last night talking about Mad Men (and looking beautiful). I guess that means we will see more of Sylvia next week.

she is a good looking woman. stress on the woman.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)