or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013) - Page 20

post #286 of 760
Good episode from a character perspective; boring episode from a plot perspective. I liked Ted's pwnage of Don in the plane.
post #287 of 760
Was a good episode with lots of workplace politics. And I like how the Wharton dude with coffee finally been able to connect with someone in the office after a few episodes of trying. And that did saved his ass even while Joan is fully aware that its his job.

Liked Ted's description of Draper at his former partners bed side.
post #288 of 760
I liked Roger's smug re-firing of the one guy whose name escapes me.
post #289 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

I liked Roger's smug re-firing of the one guy whose name escapes me.

Burt Peterson. That scene was classic Roger.
post #290 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post


Don making doc's wife his whore -- I saw that not lasting. Talk about a power play on his part though.

.

I thought Don was treating her like shit in order to get rid of her. That's how it worked out anyway.
post #291 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I thought Don was treating her like shit in order to get rid of her. That's how it worked out anyway.

Not at all. Did you see Don's reaction to her saying it was over? He pleaded. Pleading is not something draper does very often.

Draper - lacked a loving mother figure, but grew up knowing his mother was a prostitute = women hold no value to Draper, yet he is always seeking to be wanted or needed by them.
post #292 of 760
Don did not take getting dumped well.

Similar to his (non) reaction to the MLK assassination, he couldn't be bothered by the RFK one. Instead he's despondent with worry over his mistress.

Ted was pretty great this episode as was Roger. Bob FINALLY earning the brownie points he so desperately has been yearning for was a long payoff, but in the end proves to be important. I foresee some sexy times play between the young ivy league grad and our redheaded partner and financial officer.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/don-draper-plane-deal.gif
post #293 of 760
Don is a man that lives in boxes of his own creation. With the merger his work box is not 100% under his control and he and Ted are jockeying for position. With that big box out of his iron control he needs to have another box that he rules like a king so he creates the box that in suite #503. In that little box Don is King...for a period of time.

Roger's re-firing was the best scene in epi.
post #294 of 760
Don definitely wasn't trying to get dumped. Like everything else, he started to get in his alpha domination phase and ended up pushing them too far and destroying the relationship. My guess is that the series will end with his pushing the company relationship too far and some breakdown there that will end up with him dead or back where he started.
post #295 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Like everything else, he started to get in his alpha domination phase and ended up pushing them too far and destroying the relationship.

+1. He tried to over-alpha/over-dominate both Ted and the Doc's Wife, but in the end he ended up getting ass-whipped by both. Interesting how the two storylines kinda ran in parallel.
post #296 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I thought Don was treating her like shit in order to get rid of her. That's how it worked out anyway.

Are you blind? Did you miss the fact that Don looked like a lost puppy dog when she ended it? I believe he was taking advantage of the fact he finally had her to himself and she technically had no where to go with her husband gone. Of course he over played it and only made her realize sooner that her situation was untenable. Don't know why he was so shook up. Very interesting episode though, Don came off incredibly petty on the personal and professional sides. Roger and Ted were awesome as always. Pete is LOL as usual but you gotta love him. I wonder what happened to Don's secretary...
post #297 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

I wonder what happened to Don's secretary...

Per my earlier prediction her story arc has fulfilled its purpose with the MLK shooting. Odds are pretty high that's the last of Dawn's character development this season.
post #298 of 760
Can anyone give me a reminder of why Burt Peterson was fired the first time. It was pretty great seeing Roger fire him a 2nd time. Also Pete is a little bitch. Ted giving up his seat was great.
post #299 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Are you blind? Did you miss the fact that Don looked like a lost puppy dog when she ended it? I believe he was taking advantage of the fact he finally had her to himself and she technically had no where to go with her husband gone. Of course he over played it and only made her realize sooner that her situation was untenable. Don't know why he was so shook up. Very interesting episode though, Don came off incredibly petty on the personal and professional sides. Roger and Ted were awesome as always. Pete is LOL as usual but you gotta love him. I wonder what happened to Don's secretary...

No shit, Dick Tracy?
post #300 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofit View Post

Can anyone give me a reminder of why Burt Peterson was fired the first time. It was pretty great seeing Roger fire him a 2nd time. Also Pete is a little bitch. Ted giving up his seat was great.

Burt was fired when the Brits bought the original company and he was deemed redundant. They had put off firing him while his wife was having some kind of cancer treatment, and then he went ape shit on the way out the door, yelling and knocking over all kinds of things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)