Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 233

post #3481 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksoncode View Post
 

Anyone have any opinions about the best HK tailor for a 250# 6' guy with a beer belly (I know, I know)?

 

I'm not too concerned about price, so WW Chan or A Man or AC are in my range... just trying to figure out who would best be able to fit my somewhat non-standard shape...

 

Mostly like classic styles/fabrics.

 

Just go for WW Chan. It's the best HK tailor

post #3482 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by seferphier View Post

Just go for WW Chan. It's the best HK tailor

For classic style , A Man is not bad .
post #3483 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksoncode View Post

Anyone have any opinions about the best HK tailor for a 250# 6' guy with a beer belly (I know, I know)?

I'm not too concerned about price, so WW Chan or A Man or AC are in my range... just trying to figure out who would best be able to fit my somewhat non-standard shape...

Mostly like classic styles/fabrics.

If the lady's paying, why not try both?
post #3484 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

If the lady's paying, why not try both?

Now, that's not very gentleman like.biggrin.gif
post #3485 of 4284
Take your pick, all have good cutters and are quite used to western men who exhibit the hallmarks of having had a good life. No cutter specialises in one type of body rather than another.
post #3486 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by seferphier View Post

Just go for WW Chan. It's the best HK tailor

Can't agree that; AMHC and Gordon Yao are in the same league - or higher. Chan expanded very rapidly and there are simply not enough good tailors in Hong Kong to sustain that rate of growth without some compromises along the way.
post #3487 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Can't agree that; AMHC and Gordon Yao are in the same league - or higher. Chan expanded very rapidly and there are simply not enough good tailors in Hong Kong to sustain that rate of growth without some compromises along the way.

Heard Chan has its own subsidary workshop in Shenzhen .
post #3488 of 4284

Has anyone tried PYE's MTM service for shirts? Shop is in Central Building, adjacent to Hugo Bos.s

post #3489 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post

Has anyone tried PYE's MTM service for shirts? Shop is in Central Building, adjacent to Hugo Bos.s

Why not try Ascot Chang ?
post #3490 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

Heard Chan has its own subsidary workshop in Shenzhen .


That is true but the quality is poor and so not a commendation. Notice if you go for a fitting at the high end places such as Yao, AMHC and so on, the tailor is usually brought to do the fitting, I have never yet met one under 555 and frequently a great deal older. I repeat, there are not enough good tailors to go round.
post #3491 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post


Now, that's not very gentleman like.biggrin.gif

 

post #3492 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post



LOL! And a Kiton and an Atollini as well!
post #3493 of 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

That is true but the quality is poor and so not a commendation. Notice if you go for a fitting at the high end places such as Yao, AMHC and so on, the tailor is usually brought to do the fitting, I have never yet met one under 555 and frequently a great deal older. I repeat, there are not enough good tailors to go round.

Chan has a couple of quite young tailors take care of fitting process .
post #3494 of 4284

Are Ascot Chang pajamas/robes any good?

post #3495 of 4284
Never tried them firsthand but have heard rave reviews from others that have
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread