or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 226

post #3376 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

@add911_11, nice to see the clothes in your palace, what shirt did you wear with that combo?

BTW I was at the DOJ/ High court the other day, and was half wondering if I'd bump into you.

Acutally not much shirts can make a good combo, I have luck with white and blue candy stripe so far.

You were in HC for the purpose of giving expert testimony?
post #3377 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Haven't been here for a while, things seem to have changed.

Please do not be over-excited and tell everything you knew to everyone.

It is plain annoying and silly.

Anyway I will like to share my recent odd jacket combo. Jacket is Zegna "Crossply" Wool/Linen/Silk 260g, Trousers same fabric 240g, made by GT as usual.

Tie is from Vanda Fine Clothing.



Beautiful .
post #3378 of 3698
@add911_1, something like that.
post #3379 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Please do not be over-excited and tell everything you knew to everyone.

It is plain annoying and silly.

I learn it in a hard way, mate
post #3380 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post

I learn it in a hard way, mate

At least our ancestors were once constructive and telling us something new.
post #3381 of 3698

Wondering if anyone has had opinions or experience to share on Roger Concept. I work at a bank and Roger seems to be the number 1 choice of many of my colleagues, but I haven't found much talk about him on SF. Anyone?

post #3382 of 3698
My banker friend use them too. Maybe he is working for the same place as you. It looked quite nice on my friend. I did not use them in the end as i wanted CMT.
post #3383 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeer View Post

Wondering if anyone has had opinions or experience to share on Roger Concept. I work at a bank and Roger seems to be the number 1 choice of many of my colleagues, but I haven't found much talk about him on SF. Anyone?

Price?
post #3384 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeer View Post

Wondering if anyone has had opinions or experience to share on Roger Concept. I work at a bank and Roger seems to be the number 1 choice of many of my colleagues, but I haven't found much talk about him on SF. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

My banker friend use them too. Maybe he is working for the same place as you. It looked quite nice on my friend. I did not use them in the end as i wanted CMT.

what bank is this ?
post #3385 of 3698

I haven't been to Roger previously which is why I'm trying to solicit as many opinions as possible first, but he's generally in the 6,000-10,000 range.

post #3386 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeer View Post

I haven't been to Roger previously which is why I'm trying to solicit as many opinions as possible first, but he's generally in the 6,000-10,000 range.

Where did you made your suits previously?
post #3387 of 3698


Never before in HK, pretty much just off the rack and then fitted a bit by random NYC tailors whose names I don't remember. Pretty new to SF as you can see by my post count.

post #3388 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeer View Post


Never before in HK, pretty much just off the rack and then fitted a bit by random NYC tailors whose names I don't remember. Pretty new to SF as you can see by my post count.

Why not try one and report here ?
post #3389 of 3698


Well that's what I'm posting for in the first place, to see if anyone has any positive or negative experiences that they could report.

I'm not made of money, my job requires a decent suit but I'm not exactly swimming in cash. i.e. not really financially comfortable enough to be trying out multiple tailors, so I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I decide on which one. Like I said, previously I only owned a couple of $200-400 off the rack suits. This would be my first real tailored suit so excuse me if I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I take the plunge.

 

I used the search function already and didn't really find anything on Roger, so I'm asking to see if there might be anyone who has tried Roger in the past but never posted about it for whatever reason. Isn't that what this thread is for? So sorry if this thread is meant only for people who get tailored suits on a frequent and regular basis. I'd post a new thread, but people seem to sneer at all the new HK tailor related threads as well.

post #3390 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeer View Post
 


Well that's what I'm posting for in the first place, to see if anyone has any positive or negative experiences that they could report.

I'm not made of money, my job requires a decent suit but I'm not exactly swimming in cash. i.e. not really financially comfortable enough to be trying out multiple tailors, so I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I decide on which one. Like I said, previously I only owned a couple of $200-400 off the rack suits. This would be my first real tailored suit so excuse me if I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I take the plunge.

 

I used the search function already and didn't really find anything on Roger, so I'm asking to see if there might be anyone who has tried Roger in the past but never posted about it for whatever reason. Isn't that what this thread is for? So sorry if this thread is meant only for people who get tailored suits on a frequent and regular basis. I'd post a new thread, but people seem to sneer at all the new HK tailor related threads as well.

 

Have you considered Ng Sifu? 

He seems to fit your budget in the 6000-7000HKD range and from what I can see, does very very good work. 

If I were on a budget and looking to get my first suit I'd really consider going to him.

Sorry i can't give you anything constructive on Roger as I'm not from HK and more or less a newbie to this thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread